IGNORED

Ashton Gate - Arena

Bristol Rob

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They must be spitting feathers at this latest proposal and phase 2 of the Ahton Gate development.

I understand some of them stopped going to watch rugby when it moved to Ashton Gate (and attendances rocketed up), but a lot of them might well struggle with staying away from the basketball arena if/when/should it get finished.

Especially if the venue does become a destination for things like boxing or darts which is an otherwise long and expensive journey elsewhere.

They'll hate it.

They'll comfort themselves by saying Mr Pantsdown's flashy Trashton is all very well, but they're not Special like what we are.

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Can you imagine being a Gashead and reading this? Made my day better already

I think they will be preoccupied by more pressing and immediate concerns - us seeing off Rooney County last night, sitting 3 points off the automatic top two, and once again, in with a chance of promotion back to the top.

Their older lot haven't yet recovered from us getting there in 1976!

They'll be hating and dreading what we are doing right now - on and off the pitch,

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

I get the impression that it's a fairway off.  Very complex situation involved in getting it reopened.

Oh, I know that. All the club/Bristol Sport can do is keep on pushing the rail agenda with the likes of the council/government/network rail.

I was merely suggesting that the illustration of the winterstoke super crossing would serve the rail station if/when it is ever built at AG

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

They must be spitting feathers at this latest proposal and phase 2 of the Ahton Gate development.

I understand some of them stopped going to watch rugby when it moved to Ashton Gate (and attendances rocketed up), but a lot of them might well struggle with staying away from the basketball arena if/when/should it get finished.

Especially if the venue does become a destination for things like boxing or darts which is an otherwise long and expensive journey elsewhere.

They'll hate it.

Maybe we could install one of those punchballs you get at fun fairs for them - except it will be a model of a Police Horse that they can vent their frustrations on. That should keep them quiet 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Maybe we could install one of those punchballs you get at fun fairs for them - except it will be a model of a Police Horse that they can vent their frustrations on. That should keep them quiet 

They'll just show that clip from Blazing Saddles on a loop at the Mem 'drive in' cinema.

58 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

And another machine with some tits that they can fondle. 

I’m sure they just couldn’t be arsed to draw them, but I didn’t spot the houses behind the ayteo in the video.. could be a sign but I doubt it. I’ve long since dreamed that one day they would knock down those house, pedestrianise the road behind the ayteo and have a great big home end with the concourse spilling out onto the park, fan and executive facilities at the back of the stand looking over the park and out to the bridge, a nice thought.

realistically I don’t think they will do anything until the dolmans lifespan is up (another 10-20 years?) then rebuild that with It then wrapping round with a new stand but of similar size to the ayteo

7 hours ago, bengalcub said:

500 hundred spaces...... wonder what the staff quota will be plus all the usual players, hospitality, health & safety allocation broadcasters contractors,etc etc, be lucky if theres 100 left for the general paying fan... piss poor just like the parking for city/bears on a matchday.

That parking ticket you got still rankles doesn't it?

Let it go.

6 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Can you imagine being a Gashead and reading this? Made my day better already

It must be boiling their piss seeing another multi million pound investment by Lansdown and following the recent feature in the local press of our state of the art training ground

That gap is massive and these investments will only serve to keep the Gas in our shadow forever as we become the regional destination for sport and entertainment 

Watch and weep!

5 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Ambitious as it is, I miss simpler times. And honestly, I can't get all that excited that we're going to have some swanky offices and a basketball court. I realize we have to move with the times, but to me it just marks another step away from the club I grew up with. 

I know you said you realise we have to move with the times, but if you don’t move on from the club you grew up with you become Bristol Rovers...

5 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Ambitious as it is, I miss simpler times. And honestly, I can't get all that excited that we're going to have some swanky offices and a basketball court. I realize we have to move with the times, but to me it just marks another step away from the club I grew up with. 

We are in the minority but agree with everything you say; what will BCFC "get" out of this apart from a bigger club shop? looks very nice and its SL`s dream Bristol Sport but will it guarantee prem football? our first 40million pound transfer? We are part of something else...I dont like it sorry.

I can recall years back SL saying, developing AG is not an option when he thought we were moving over the road to a new stadium; looks a bit developed now.

10 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We are in the minority but agree with everything you say; what will BCFC "get" out of this apart from a bigger club shop? looks very nice and its SL`s dream Bristol Sport but will it guarantee prem football? our first 40million pound transfer? We are part of something else...I dont like it sorry.

I can recall years back SL saying, developing AG is not an option when he thought we were moving over the road to a new stadium; looks a bit developed now.

I’m a proud Bristolian and anything which makes this great city better is fine by me, the football club has done very well out of Lansdown so far, so I’m more than happy that his wealth is spread further for the good of the whole city and other sports, I love we are part of something bigger personally

7 hours ago, RedM said:

When I look at these new exciting plans and what it will mean to the club, Bristol Sport and the area in general, being redeveloped and creating jobs my first thought wasn’t ‘where am I going to park my car!’. Am I missing something here?!

Being a female I assumed you all just park it where you like anyway without any thought or consideration. That could be why it didn’t pop into your mind..........

*Its a joke. I’m sure @RedM like any other female driver is fantastic on the roads and great at parking!*

13 minutes ago, bcdc said:

I know you said you realise we have to move with the times, but if you don’t move on from the club you grew up with you become Bristol Rovers...

The club I grew up with played in the highest division (and the lowest) we had much bigger and smaller gates than we do now; you could feel your club in every pub, street and chip van around the ground that your club played in. The hairs on the back of your neck stood up as you entered the Eastend/open end etc. No airs and graces or over zealous stewards or sit down shut up.

Move with the times you say, to what and where? been there done that before for 50yrs, bit down, bit up just like it is now but missing what cannot be purchased, life and soul.

Sustainability and moving with the times rules now, thats fine hope you enjoy the next 50yrs as much as I did the prev 50 :banana:

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

The club I grew up with played in the highest division (and the lowest) we had much bigger and smaller gates than we do now; you could feel your club in every pub, street and chip van around the ground that your club played in. The hairs on the back of your neck stood up as you entered the Eastend/open end etc. No airs and graces or over zealous stewards or sit down shut up.

Move with the times you say, to what and where? been there done that before for 50yrs, bit down, bit up just like it is now but missing what cannot be purchased, life and soul.

Sustainability and moving with the times rules now, thats fine hope you enjoy the next 50yrs as much as I did the prev 50 :banana:

116 123

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’m a proud Bristolian and anything which makes this great city better is fine by me, the football club has done very well out of Lansdown so far, so I’m more than happy that his wealth is spread further for the good of the whole city and other sports, I love we are part of something bigger personally

When you say something bigger its also something else, maybe sometime in the future it could also make us BCFC, more difficult to buy/take over imo, could be wrong.

Are there other clubs in this country that are in the same situation? is there a Leeds Sport, Leicester Sport etc, anyone?

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

116 123

Its ok its only my opinion on a forum, there are much more important things that number is needed for; its a joke in your eyes not for those that need it its not :doh:

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, application for housing at Ashton Vale and applications for the arena development hopefully submitted in September then building work to start on both in May of next year. Lansdown will make a pretty penny on the Ashton Vale land if he gets permission for housing on there given it is green belt and was purchased for the stadium (lower land value). I guess he has the Council over a barrel on that one after what happened with the TVG designation.

George asked if boxing could take place at the arena, didn't know he was a fan?! Though I did see him talking to Chris Sanigar who was also there - Bristol boxing promoter/trainer.

Chris and Jamie Sanigar have been frustrated for years at the lack of a venue for their bigger shows and it's a real shame this is coming too late for Lee Haskins. This venue is a game changer for boxing in the South West. Hopefully there are some young talents coming through our local gyms who can come through in time.

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

They've been asking SL to make provision for a "lady garden" in our plans.....or have I got the wrong end of the stick ?

10 hours ago, Xiled said:

basketball.jpg.28c8244a4d858d95192f9af5d4e49f8a.jpg

Confused basketball fans cheering my late (and drunken) arrival into the arena.

Is that Uri Geller and Roger Federer on the left side of the pic?

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Suppose it depends on how Bristol Sport revenue is distributed across the other clubs.

I (assume) we pay a peppercorn rent on the stadium, it might be that concessions contribute to the coffers as well.

Dare say some of the financial wizards we have on here will be able to produce a breakdown of BS income and what it is used for.

Bristol Sport revenues are small....and loss making I think.  Just we lose less through the economies of scale than we would running separate operations for Rugby, Football, etc.

We need to understand that Pula Sports structure does create confusion amongst us, especially the major difference between Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Limited.  Think it was @Coppello who put this together?

EBC3377E-FD40-4320-A51C-8B4FACBAF956.thumb.jpeg.56defed282f2590e81f0fb6e46cc32b5.jpeg

There is an omission - BCFC Ltd also pay rent to Ashton Gate Ltd.  Rental will be likely to be at arms length / market rates, as should be the case when companies in the group trade with each other.   Mel Morris should read this!!!

Of course, no idea at this stage where the £s of this new development will fit into Pula.

Archived