IGNORED

Ashton Gate - Arena

Bristol Rob

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is that Uri Geller and Roger Federer on the left side of the pic?

Bristol Sport revenues are small....and loss making I think.  Just we lose less through the economies of scale than we would running separate operations for Rugby, Football, etc.

We need to understand that Pula Sports structure does create confusion amongst us, especially the major difference between Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Limited.  Think it was @Coppello who put this together?

EBC3377E-FD40-4320-A51C-8B4FACBAF956.thumb.jpeg.56defed282f2590e81f0fb6e46cc32b5.jpeg

There is an omission - BCFC Ltd also pay rent to Ashton Gate Ltd.  Rental will be likely to be at arms length / market rates, as should be the case when companies in the group trade with each other.   Mel Morris should read this!!!

Of course, no idea at this stage where the £s of this new development will fit into Pula.

Yes it's surprising how many people misunderstand the relationship between the companies in the group. Bristol Sport doesn't own the stadium or the football club, it serves them. 

Useful illustration that, thanks. 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Most new builds don’t have provision for car parking. Emirates has basically Zero parking, nor does the Amex. 
These days, you aren’t wanted to travel to venues by car. It’s deliberate, rather than an oversight. 

Very true, but the logic only really works when there is an effective public transport system to get people to and from the ground. In Bristol 22,000 people attempting to travel  to Ashton Gate by bus would be a laughable prospect. I suppose the hotel on the site is a justifiable reason for parking as guests will be travelling to Bristol, probably, by car.

More of a problem could be the housing on site. If there is no parking for the occupants then car owners will park on the streets making an already bad parking situation even worse 

Nope.  Not remotely jealous. They have their own special identity.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15909/ashton-gate-revised-designed-plans

I give it 48 hours before the laptop repair liar comes up with a quote from a fictitious 'planning officer' who gets his computer repaired on a weekly basis saying 'back handers/delays/won't get approved'  and is roundly mocked by supporters both Red and blue.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Is that Uri Geller and Roger Federer on the left side of the pic?

Bristol Sport revenues are small....and loss making I think.  Just we lose less through the economies of scale than we would running separate operations for Rugby, Football, etc.

We need to understand that Pula Sports structure does create confusion amongst us, especially the major difference between Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Limited.  Think it was @Coppello who put this together?

EBC3377E-FD40-4320-A51C-8B4FACBAF956.thumb.jpeg.56defed282f2590e81f0fb6e46cc32b5.jpeg

There is an omission - BCFC Ltd also pay rent to Ashton Gate Ltd.  Rental will be likely to be at arms length / market rates, as should be the case when companies in the group trade with each other.   Mel Morris should read this!!!

Of course, no idea at this stage where the £s of this new development will fit into Pula.

Logically Bristol Sport Ltd if that graphical structure is correct

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You’d think so, but a new company could be formed too.

At some point a multi company structure really becomes cumbersome and messy, lacks straight thinking and actually can give rise to the revenue thinking something is being hidden. Far better to have a simple 2 or max 3 companies structure. 

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nope.  Not remotely jealous. They have their own special identity.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15909/ashton-gate-revised-designed-plans

I give it 48 hours before the laptop repair liar comes up with a quote from a fictitious 'planning officer' who gets his computer repaired on a weekly basis saying 'back handers/delays/won't get approved'  and is roundly mocked by supporters both Red and blue.

Reading that it actually appears that some of them have woken up from the general delusion normally associated with the gas, a big wake up call, mind you for people like Henbury @ss there is no hope.

13 hours ago, bengalcub said:

500 hundred spaces...... wonder what the staff quota will be plus all the usual players, hospitality, health & safety allocation broadcasters contractors,etc etc, be lucky if theres 100 left for the general paying fan... piss poor just like the parking for city/bears on a matchday.

When Moses parted the Red Sea, you would have been the guy that complained it was too muddy.

19 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Reading that it actually appears that some of them have woken up from the general delusion normally associated with the gas, a big wake up call, mind you for people like Henbury @ss there is no hope.

On some of the other threads, one of them has dared to suggest that it might be time to have an opinion and possibly voice their unhappiness. 

Which is quite brave of them, given the vast majority dare not rock the boat.

10 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Ambitious as it is, I miss simpler times. And honestly, I can't get all that excited that we're going to have some swanky offices and a basketball court. I realize we have to move with the times, but to me it just marks another step away from the club I grew up with. 

Or maybe the club you grew up with realised all its fans were growing old and decided it need to grow up as well. Toddlers act cute but you soon get annoyed with a 20 year old that acts like a toddler.

Nothing stays the same.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Or maybe the club you grew up with realised all its fans were growing old and decided it need to grow up as well. Toddlers act cute but you soon get annoyed with a 20 year old that acts like a toddler.

Nothing stays the same.

The conclusion is sound, but the preceding analogy is dubious at best, and at worst just plain patronizing. 

Anyway, there's no denying the march of progress, and the ambition of the club is to be applauded. 

And to clarify, no, I obviously don't want to see us fail and do badly, I'm simply wary of what the future holds for football as a whole - more so, I am wary of this era in which fans have become consumers. Forums are about opinion, but I was clearly a little naive to express mine. 

Am I missing something here? 
At the moment there is x amount parking at the ground. When this is completed there will be 500 extra parking spaces. They won’t be holding a Basketball, Football, Rugby game all at the same time.
So theoretically there will be  500 more parking spaces on the given time on top of the spacing already there. 

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The jealousy and porkies have already started amongst the Fewers....

Asked my daughter (ted) if she was going to see their game against Derby and said she could'nt afford the £42 for a ticket. So i hope all these new fans have a few quid to spare.

Was Derby not a cat A game meaning that non member tickets in the Lansdown would have been about that? I know I've paid 37 as a member in the lansdown in previous seasons where I haven't been able to get a season ticket. 

8 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Was Derby not a cat A game meaning that non member tickets in the Lansdown would have been about that? I know I've paid 37 as a member in the lansdown in previous seasons where I haven't been able to get a season ticket. 

An optional price. Cheaper tickets are available elsewhere.

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Very true, but the logic only really works when there is an effective public transport system to get people to and from the ground. In Bristol 22,000 people attempting to travel  to Ashton Gate by bus would be a laughable prospect. I suppose the hotel on the site is a justifiable reason for parking as guests will be travelling to Bristol, probably, by car.

More of a problem could be the housing on site. If there is no parking for the occupants then car owners will park on the streets making an already bad parking situation even worse 

The biggest problem for neighbours of the stadium is transport related. Wether it’s matchday parking or the increase in traffic it’s the number one gripe on the local FB groups. Poor/illegal parking is rife and plod/council don’t seem bothered. A few double yellows on Duckmoor (purely to assist First Bus make more money) is all we get. Rarely bothers me as I’m usually at the games but it’s a piss-boiler for the community at large. 

With 165 flats, a hotel, basketball/arena/conference centre and the planned amount of office space that’s a lot of extra cars to cope with, even with a car park on-site. 

On 13/02/2020 at 10:23, bengalcub said:

500 hundred spaces...... wonder what the staff quota will be plus all the usual players, hospitality, health & safety allocation broadcasters contractors,etc etc, be lucky if theres 100 left for the general paying fan... piss poor just like the parking for city/bears on a matchday.

This could be a massive whoosh but you really haven't looked too closely at the plans have you.

• Admin
59 minutes ago, cidercity said:

This could be a massive whoosh but you really haven't looked too closely at the plans have you.

I was puzzled by the statement too @cidercity

On 13/02/2020 at 10:23, bengalcub said:

Just to clarify @bengalcub we are getting 500 EXTRA space that we don't have currently

Surely, If as above all those you mentioned get these spaces, then the places they currently park will then become available ?

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I was puzzled by the statement too @cidercity

Just to clarify @bengalcub we are getting 500 EXTRA space that we don't have currently

Surely, If as above all those you mentioned get these spaces, then the places they currently park will then become available ?

Just a couple of things to consider here, at the moment a lot of cars are parked on marina dolman way which, from the plans, look like it will go fully pedestrianised. Secondly, the new Car park is adjacent to the hotel who will no doubt be allocated a large number of spaces 24/7

14 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Just a couple of things to consider here, at the moment a lot of cars are parked on marina dolman way which, from the plans, look like it will go fully pedestrianised. Secondly, the new Car park is adjacent to the hotel who will no doubt be allocated a large number of spaces 24/7

Dont let some actual insight get in the way of a good bandwagon bashing ... 

On 14/02/2020 at 07:55, Spud55 said:

This supposed daughter of a gashead didn’t have to sit in the Lansdown though. Way cheaper seats elsewhere not much more than a rare patio chair at the manurial stade.

That would of course ruin the yarn though... ? 

16 hours ago, RedRaw said:

The hotel has 230 rooms even if every room was taken and brought a car which i very much doubt there would still be 320 spaces available. The car park off of winter stoke Rd is very much still shown in the plans so I would imagine that is where the cars on marina dolman way and also the television wagons would now be parked, in fact if you look at the plans they show lorries parked there.

On 14/02/2020 at 17:22, RedRaw said:

I spend around 100 nights away in hotels a year, and hotels with enough parking spaces in urban areas are very rare.

7 hours ago, Erithacus said:

As a by-the-by, Manchester is set to build the biggest indoor arena in Britain it seems:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-51676000

A £350m, 23,500-seater right beside the Etihad. Is this a trend for new football empires?

The Manchester velodrome is also within a few minutes walk of the Etihad.

When different venues are owned or operated by the same company, it's easy to see potential efficiency savings.

But, and this applies to Manchester more than us, scheduling gets more complex. You wouldn't get a big concert and a home football match overlapping on the same day.

I was in Cardiff when 45,000 people were watching Take That at the Principality Stadium, 15,000 were watching England play Bangladesh in Sophia Gardens and 4,000 were watching comedy in the Motorpoint Arena. Had they all been in the same location, I guess only one event could go ahead.

2 hours ago, Xiled said:

The Manchester velodrome is also within a few minutes walk of the Etihad.

When different venues are owned or operated by the same company, it's easy to see potential efficiency savings.

But, and this applies to Manchester more than us, scheduling gets more complex. You wouldn't get a big concert and a home football match overlapping on the same day.

I was in Cardiff when 45,000 people were watching Take That at the Principality Stadium, 15,000 were watching England play Bangladesh in Sophia Gardens and 4,000 were watching comedy in the Motorpoint Arena. Had they all been in the same location, I guess only one event could go ahead.

I note you don't say what event you were at. So I am going to say you were at Take That, because you're their biggest fan, and any attempt to deny it, or claims that you were at either of the other events will just go to confirm that you LOVE Take That even more that my original accusation.

So, long story short. You love Take That. No returns. You also love Cardiff too. 

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 10:23, bengalcub said:

Why don't you just park on the corner of the street near the ground like you always do.

Archived