Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Massive credit to Lee Johnson


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

On OTIB, whenever City lose, the usual threads appear clamouring for Lee to be sacked and claiming that he's clueless, etc,

So, after a good home win, full of excitement and nerve-jangling apprehension, I'd like to offer some gratitude for Lee.

And no, this is not point scoring against his haters, so no arguments necessary, but just want to say well done to Lee and everyone at City for taking us into contention for the top two.

Quality work, keep it up!  Here's looking forward to a strong finish to the season.

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS!!!!

 

 

Great win but did Lee know what too do when we let in two goals. Most media sorry some have made reference he was at a loss what too doo. He is a great manager but not good enough as a total package for Prem football .

the usual threads will unfortunately come up as I’m not sure if he’s lucky flying by the lucky momentum with 5 out of 6 wins but do not forget there has been 5 or so games in the past where we should of won and he hasn’t got the best out of the great squad he has available .

mid march might be a different story where we are all wanting to be in a top four position and if not it will bee the same old story Lee out 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't credit Lee when he took off Wells, lost all our offensive threat and shape and nearly lost us 3 points by inviting pressure on ourselves.

HOWEVER, I can credit the gaffer and the rest if the team for their January recruitment - which has brought just what the doctor ordered. 

Obviously, you enjoy a win. But the last 20 minutes were horrible.

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still stand by wanting LJ out. Credit for picking up 5 wins out of 6 but we all know he can do this. I was much happier last night because the side played with energy and intent. He’d be in credit with me if we had played this way at home all season. Now to grow he needs to keep the run up to an extent. 
 

Two things bothered me about last night. One, he should have had that lineup Friday. Maybe not Benkovic but Wells with Fam and Henriksen for at least an hour. Second, I don’t think he made the best decisions with subs and it made the game a bit closer than it had to be. Would have brought Baker on myself as they were only able to go wide and get crosses in. Maybe both goals happen anyway as I wouldn’t have changed it at 3-0 and the second goal the CBs were up from a set piece but think I’d have done it at 3-1. 
 

Hope he proves me wrong. I need to see that intensity for the rest of the season to change my mind. If last night was a turning point he is on the right path. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to see us starting well and not needing to make two changes at half time to actually get into the game. 

But last night his subs caused more of a problem than anything, nearly cost us the game.

The shape we changed to at 3-1 up was a stupid thing to do, the formation we were in was working just fine. The changes should've been like for like, but we somehow found ourselves without a CM on the bench despite having two blokes starting where one is injury prone, and the other hadn't played in 2-3 months. 

I posted this previously, the 6 games have now been completed & it got us & Preston absolutely spot on, don't think it did so well on the rest of the division though, but I'm now interested to see how it has us for the next 6!

Actual form table - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2 

Edited by Carey 6
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can't credit Lee when he took off Wells, lost all our offensive threat and shape and nearly lost us 3 points by inviting pressure on ourselves.

HOWEVER, I can credit the gaffer and the rest if the team for their January recruitment - which has brought just what the doctor ordered. 

Obviously, you enjoy a win. But the last 20 minutes were horrible.

Yup. I do wonder what he's thinking a lot of the time

We did however play with a bit of ambition at home from minutes 20 to 70 which was welcome, and but for some shite play in front of their goal near the end which the coach isn't responsible for, could have had a very comfy looking scoreline.

More of the same to seasons end and i'm very happy to hold my hands up and scoff several plateloads of humble pie

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, City oz said:

Great win but did Lee know what too do when we let in two goals. Most media sorry some have made reference he was at a loss what too doo. He is a great manager but not good enough as a total package for Prem football .

the usual threads will unfortunately come up as I’m not sure if he’s lucky flying by the lucky momentum with 5 out of 6 wins but do not forget there has been 5 or so games in the past where we should of won and he hasn’t got the best out of the great squad he has available .

mid march might be a different story where we are all wanting to be in a top four position and if not it will bee the same old story Lee out 

Yeah, we're 3 points off the autos through sheer luck.

When we got to the league cup semi final that was all luck too.

 

Kinell, some people will go to any length to not give credit.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the subs made changed it from a comfortable 3-0 to a nail biting last twenty minutes.

I would have gone three at the back with Baker coming on for Smith (after his knock).

Told the full backs to stay rather than still go searching for openings.

Brought Rowe on instead of Eliasson to shut down the Derby right wing.

I do not see what O'Dowda brought to the game. He neither defends well in the middle of the park and he had two good opportunities for shots on goal yet as always, opted out by passing it.

However, I'm delighted with the win. Derby seemed very poor defending set pieces but with as we do not shut down games at 3-0, they have enough forward quality to have even levelled it at the end.

Yet again, I must note that Bentley stopped a shot in the first half by parrying the ball back in the direction from whence it had come. Luckily a defender headed it back to him (Bentley). He must learn how to turn shots, that he cannot catch, over the bar or round the post instead of creating another chance of goal for the opposition.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can't credit Lee when he took off Wells, lost all our offensive threat and shape and nearly lost us 3 points by inviting pressure on ourselves.

HOWEVER, I can credit the gaffer and the rest if the team for their January recruitment - which has brought just what the doctor ordered. 

Obviously, you enjoy a win. But the last 20 minutes were horrible.

My first reaction after went 3 up was to say to my friend sat next to me, "well, we've blown 3 goal leads to Derby before".

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a boring post! Your just as bad as the haters, top 2? We ain't even in the top 6 and I would edge my bets that after the next two games we will be further away and it's all down to our shit home form, crap selection and tactics! Happy to be proved wrong though

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

It's good to see us starting well and not needing to make two changes at half time to actually get into the game. 

But last night his subs caused more of a problem than anything, nearly cost us the game.

The shape we changed to at 3-1 up was a stupid thing to do, the formation we were in was working just fine. The changes should've been like for like, but we somehow found ourselves without a CM on the bench despite having two blokes starting where one is injury prone, and the other hadn't played in 2-3 months. 

I posted this previously, the 6 games have now been completed & it got us & Preston absolutely spot on, don't think it did so well on the rest of the division though, but I'm now interested to see how it has us for the next 6!

Actual form table - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2 

What a load of nonsense that tweet is. Leeds, West Brom and Fulham in our next 6 games is deemed an easy run?! Wow.  I guess stats really can say anything you want them too!

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What a boring post! Your just as bad as the haters, top 2? We ain't even in the top 6 and I would edge my bets that after the next two games we will be further away and it's all down to our shit home form, crap selection and tactics! Happy to be proved wrong though

Disagree 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What a load of nonsense that tweet is. Leeds, West Brom and Fulham in our next 6 games is deemed an easy run?! Wow.  I guess stats really can say anything you want them too!

Disagree 

No, read it again. I said the 6 games are now completed. 

That tweet was posted on the 6th of Jan. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

On OTIB, whenever City lose, the usual threads appear clamouring for Lee to be sacked and claiming that he's clueless, etc,

So, after a good home win, full of excitement and nerve-jangling apprehension, I'd like to offer some gratitude for Lee.

And no, this is not point scoring against his haters, so no arguments necessary, but just want to say well done to Lee and everyone at City for taking us into contention for the top two.

Quality work, keep it up!  Here's looking forward to a strong finish to the season.

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS!!!!

 

 

I agree with the sentiment but I think you’re probably stirring unnecessarily when the atmosphere on the forum is pretty good.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnson absolutely deserves credit for turning it around. He made changes and they worked. Thanks LJ.

We found ourselves needing a streak of wins just to stay in touch with top 6 and we did.

I think fair criticism is that he could have made this run a little easier with better decision making, but that's by the by if we win.

Let's hope we can keep the run going.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

On OTIB, whenever City lose, the usual threads appear clamouring for Lee to be sacked and claiming that he's clueless, etc,

So, after a good home win, full of excitement and nerve-jangling apprehension, I'd like to offer some gratitude for Lee.

And no, this is not point scoring against his haters, so no arguments necessary, but just want to say well done to Lee and everyone at City for taking us into contention for the top two.

Quality work, keep it up!  Here's looking forward to a strong finish to the season.

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS!!!

I don’t like the word ‘haters’ - I don’t think anyone truly ‘hates’ LJ - that’s way too strong a word ... those who aren’t convinced he’s the best man for the job simply put views across to back up their thoughts - the vast majority have never personally met the fella so ‘hate’ is neither appropriate or likely - in the same way those who support our Head Coach aren’t dubbed “LJ lovers” ...

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I still stand by wanting LJ out. Credit for picking up 5 wins out of 6 but we all know he can do this. I was much happier last night because the side played with energy and intent. He’d be in credit with me if we had played this way at home all season. Now to grow he needs to keep the run up to an extent. 
 

Two things bothered me about last night. One, he should have had that lineup Friday. Maybe not Benkovic but Wells with Fam and Henriksen for at least an hour. Second, I don’t think he made the best decisions with subs and it made the game a bit closer than it had to be. Would have brought Baker on myself as they were only able to go wide and get crosses in. Maybe both goals happen anyway as I wouldn’t have changed it at 3-0 and the second goal the CBs were up from a set piece but think I’d have done it at 3-1. 
 

Hope he proves me wrong. I need to see that intensity for the rest of the season to change my mind. If last night was a turning point he is on the right path. 

Ok...if you want LJ out........who do you suggest we replace him with? ........Please do not say Chris Houghton.  It's a cliche, but  "You don't know what youv'e got, till it's gone"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Red Saddo says it all. Lee "nearly lost us 3points. Clearly the level of football knowledge on here has emreached an all tune low

The fact is we won 3points. Its like Corbyn saying he was nearly P.M.

No, he wasn't and Red Saddo should get a red life 

Have a day off FFS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I still stand by wanting LJ out. Credit for picking up 5 wins out of 6 but we all know he can do this. I was much happier last night because the side played with energy and intent. He’d be in credit with me if we had played this way at home all season. Now to grow he needs to keep the run up to an extent. 
 

Two things bothered me about last night. One, he should have had that lineup Friday. Maybe not Benkovic but Wells with Fam and Henriksen for at least an hour. Second, I don’t think he made the best decisions with subs and it made the game a bit closer than it had to be. Would have brought Baker on myself as they were only able to go wide and get crosses in. Maybe both goals happen anyway as I wouldn’t have changed it at 3-0 and the second goal the CBs were up from a set piece but think I’d have done it at 3-1. 
 

Hope he proves me wrong. I need to see that intensity for the rest of the season to change my mind. If last night was a turning point he is on the right path. 

Well thanks for confirming that you have an irrational dislike of our manager, you want him out no matter the position in the table or the results he gets. That seems fair.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

One other point. When are we going to become professional. In the build up to the second Derby goal, any other club would have committed a "technical foul" took the yellow card and prevented a goal.

Instead Eliasson was brushed aside and we were wide open.

This is ALL about coaching and as sad as it is, it is a part of winning today

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

One other point. When are we going to become professional. In the build up to the second Derby goal, any other club would have committed a "technical foul" took the yellow card and prevented a goal.

Instead Eliasson was brushed aside and we were wide open.

This is ALL about coaching and as sad as it is, it is a part of winning today

 

"Any other club"............Ha!, your delusional 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

One other point. When are we going to become professional. In the build up to the second Derby goal, any other club would have committed a "technical foul" took the yellow card and prevented a goal.

Instead Eliasson was brushed aside and we were wide open.

This is ALL about coaching and as sad as it is, it is a part of winning today

 

I actually think we're a lot better at that sort of thing than we used to be, particularly away from home.

But yes, that 2nd goal is an obvious example of how there's still work to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...