IGNORED

Hummel kits from next season

CyderInACan

Unsurprising given how amateur the supply chain has been for Bristol Sport manufactured items the past 2 years.

Right idea (economies of scale, ownership of supply chain), wrong execution (slow, risk averse, poorly managed).

3 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Will be interesting to hear why we are dropping "Bristol Sport" as a manufacturer.

Because the quality of the gear was utter gash, I'd imagine.  This season has seen me return both a shirt and a coat (twice) for Matthew because of the stitching.

I've loved having more control over the designs and the look of the kits the last few years have been outstanding, but the quality doesn't match the design.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just confirmed by GMcG on the twitter - story on the post site later apparently 

It was "runmoured" about the change but thought it was a more well known brand than that

9 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Will be interesting to hear why we are dropping "Bristol Sport" as a manufacturer.

I wonder who actually makes the kit now, I know it has Bristol Sport on the shirts but I can't believe that we actually have an in house shirt maker?

I thought that they came from Chine way?

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

It was "runmoured" about the change but thought it was a more well known brand than that

I wonder who actually makes the kit now, I know it has Bristol Sport on the shirts but I can't believe that we actually have an in house shirt maker?

I thought that they came from Chine way?

I thought it was Scotland. Or more likely from China to Scotland to be branded?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-partner-with-hummel-to-take-robins-kit-to-next-level/

CITY PARTNER WITH HUMMEL TO TAKE ROBINS KIT TO NEXT LEVEL

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH 2020

Bristol City are joining forces with hummel as their technical kit partner from the 2020/21 season.

The Robins will continue pioneering kit design and style in collaboration with the innovative Danish sportswear company.

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “I am really proud of what we as a club and Bristol Sport have produced over the last six years. We’ve continually progressed including winning EFL kit of the year in 2017/18.

“We have reached a size where we want a partner who share our values and can help to take us to the next level and in hummel we have found the perfect match.

“The partnership allows us to make a more technically advanced kit while still retaining a uniqueness that is symbolic of us and our supporters.

“Our sales of shirts are greater than they have ever been. Hummel’s experience and global supply network will help us to cater for demand and develop our designs while keeping our individuality.”

Founded in 1923, Danish sportswear brand hummel are one of the oldest teamsport brands in the world with an incredible footballing heritage.

Mark Underwood, Managing Director of Elite Group UK, hummel’s exclusive brand partner, said: “At hummel UK we are delighted to partner with Bristol City. The club has so much history, we are going to have a lot of fun bringing the heartbeat of the Football Club and the city into our kits and training ranges.”

I’m hearing lots of other clubs have had kit delivery issues with them, Sheff Weds is a big name but also Forest Green who cancelled their contract with them. Are we just moving from one problem supplier to another?

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Surely Denmark 92 springs to mind? 

Hummel make fantastic football kits, well happy with this. 

I don’t wanna make you feel old but I was only born in ‘92.

2 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

Why is that where they are made? :laugh:

We’ve played them so many times in qualifiers in recent years and they’re one of the few still wearing Hummels kits. We join an exclusive club. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Mark Underwood, Managing Director of Elite Group UK, hummel’s exclusive brand partner, said: “At hummel UK we are delighted to partner with Bristol City. The club has so much history, we are going to have a lot of fun bringing the heartbeat of the Football Club and the city into our kits and training ranges.”

So not actually Hummel then, just some manufacturer in the UK who has licensed or franchised the brand name?

Remember when TFG made Lotto's kits in the UK under license then simply stuck their own brand on themselves.

So are they moving to Hummel or are hummel teaming up with Bristol Sport? It doesn't seem like a straight up swap of sponsors, more like they've bought into Bristol Sport or something given that video that was posted

More info here:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-partner-with-hummel-to-take-robins-kit-to-next-level/

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “I am really proud of what we as a club and Bristol Sport have produced over the last six years. We’ve continually progressed including winning EFL kit of the year in 2017/18.

“We have reached a size where we want a partner who share our values and can help to take us to the next level and in hummel we have found the perfect match.

“The partnership allows us to make a more technically advanced kit while still retaining a uniqueness that is symbolic of us and our supporters.

Seems like a partnership to me, unsure how it would work but interesting

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Apparently doing Bristol Rugby’s kit if BEP are correct, so rumour was half right.

I think that would be Hummel's only Rugby Union shirt, if true.

They are pretty big in Europe - and in sports like handball and volleyball - but the UK clubs that have their wear are pretty small fry. We'll be their biggest contract bar Rangers.

Archived