IGNORED

125th anniversary shirt

Pickle Rick

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This is for April Fools right ?

Or anidea for the worst shirt ide in the history of Assiciation Football 

its  a wind up 

no no one could be that stupid 

Joking aside, I am seriously worried that someone has decided this is marketable, after all they are in a business to sell, sell, sell otherwise we would all be getting one for free.

This hasn’t suddenly been produced overnight but probably had months of meetings and negotiations. It cannot be just one person behind this, did no one honestly think not only that it wasn’t commercially a goer but out of respect to the history of the club too.

I do not work in marketing or design, never have but I certainly would have designed something more fitting for the occasion. I’ve seen some fantastic designs for shirts on here in the past too. 

What a shame we are now an embarrassment and I am gutted over the opportunity lost. Better get it right for the 150th I guess.

Trying to get my head around the fact this made it all the way to launch and production. When 99% of people immediately conclude it’s awful, how the hell does it pass through the various stages of design, approval and manufacture without a single person stating the obvious?

Reminds of the playgroup font on the training wear a couple of seasons ago.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s a wind up everyone 

It’s not though is it.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Joking aside, I am seriously worried that someone has decided this is marketable, after all they are in a business to sell, sell, sell otherwise we would all be getting one for free.

This hasn’t suddenly been produced overnight but probably had months of meetings and negotiations. It cannot be just one person behind this, did no one honestly think not only that it wasn’t commercially a goer but out of respect to the history of the club too.

I do not work in marketing or design, never have but I certainly would have designed something more fitting for the occasion. I’ve seen some fantastic designs for shirts on here in the past too. 

What a shame we are now an embarrassment and I am gutted over the opportunity lost. Better get it right for the 150th I guess.

Perhaps they spent too much time on blue sky thinking and thinking outside of the box. 

51 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

The more I see it the more I like it. I hated it at first but I sort of think it looks okay now.

Only shame is that DUNDER is scrawled across it.

Two of the 3 other examples on this thread have no sponsor. The Man City one does, but Ethihad is rather more subtle.

Perhaps Dunder had to be included (were the Chelsea & Leeds ones not worn for 1st team games?). If so perhaps the chaotic design was thought to be the way to "disguise" the dominating sponsor.

I think there must have been many better solutions, although DUNDER spread across would have surely detracted from most/all of them.

2 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

Two of the 3 other examples on this thread have no sponsor. The Man City one does, but Ethihad is rather more subtle.

Perhaps Dunder had to be included (were the Chelsea & Leeds ones not worn for 1st team games?). If so perhaps the chaotic design was thought to be the way to "disguise" the dominating sponsor.

I think there must have been many better solutions, although DUNDER spread across would have surely detracted from most/all of them.

Can't you just print dunder in red on a red background? :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It certainly is HOC !

I think anyone buying one , letalone actually wearing it , would invite a discussion as to what was the bet   

It’s a wind up - another hilarious idea of humour by Jon and the media team

58 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Think you could be right. They can’t surely think that’s appropriate or that it will sell.

The “like it?” comment must surely be to drive the controversy online and get it going viral too.  

Yep you're right - that's them all over. I smelled a rat with the 'like it' thing. 

Archived