IGNORED

125th anniversary shirt

Pickle Rick

55 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Someone's taken "inspiration" from this...

Screenshot_20200213-173008_Chrome Beta.jpg

But this isn’t just a hash of various Man City blue shirts. It is unique and has a distinctiveness to it. 

Ours could just be sewn together using off cuts. There’s nothing “new” about it to celebrate the past yet also embrace the future. 

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Go back to our origins and recreate one of these surely?

bdmstr_1892-1898.gifbristol_city_1894-1895.gif

This is what it should be. 
The red top / blue shorts for outfield players, with the yellow one for the keeper. 

I’m convinced this is a stunt. 
They’ll announce the proper kit tomorrow, and hopefully it’ll be something like the above. 

There’s absolutely no way in the world this is for real. Definite stunt. 

I have thought of one use for these works of sharts.

I read in the Transfer subforum, some wag suggesting that with their interest in Albert, Cardiff were constructing a real life Bristol City museum.

When our game against Fulham is over and these shits end up being candidates for landfill, we sell them to Cardiff.

Should be an easy sell as well.

1/ They have previous of playing in red.

2/ Half their squad will be, 'owww, look, I wore this patch 8 years ago!'.

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is what it should be. 
The red top / blue shorts for outfield players, with the yellow one for the keeper. 

I’m convinced this is a stunt. 
They’ll announce the proper kit tomorrow, and hopefully it’ll be something like the above. 

There’s absolutely no way in the world this is for real. Definite stunt. 

Well you can pre order and pay for it on the club shop so I’m not so sure it is 

I feel like this is the club taking the piss out of the fans a bit to honest. No one in their right mind must think that even looks ok and they are charging 45 quid for it. 

Could they not have let the fans have a vote for their favourite kit from the past and reinvented it slightly without the sponsor. We have some really decent kits from the past which are really hard to get hold of so they would have been able to sell plenty. 

2 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

I feel like this is the club taking the piss out of the fans a bit to honest. No one in their right mind must think that even looks ok and they are charging 45 quid for it. 

Could they not have let the fans have a vote for their favourite kit from the past and reinvented it slightly without the sponsor. We have some really decent kits from the past which are really hard to get hold of so they would have been able to sell plenty. 

Exactly my thoughts on it.

They've missed a trick here in this age of social media. Have a series of votes, knockout tournament style with as many of the old kits as possible. I like the sentiment, but that effort just looks a mess.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And what gives a gambling company from Malta the right to be on a shirt celebrating 125 years of BCFC?

Have digested it further I think this is my number one issue with it. Who wants to buy this shirt and in 30 years time look back at it and say "Oh yes remember that weird gambling company with the awful name, that really sums up the 125 years of history that does."

Personally I am not buying a shirt whilst we have a gambling company as the prime sponsor, but this could surely have been negotiated out from any contract.

15 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Wow. Read this out loud an listen to how pathetic you sound.  It's just a football shirt buddy, listen to you. 

It's. Just. A. Football. Shirt. 

Why the insults?

It’s still a pile of shit that needlessly  promotes  gambling.

I’m sure now it’s not a joke. People are preordering them on the website. They wouldn’t let them do that if it wasn’t a genuine product. It’s real. This will go down as a missed opportunity by the club I think. Hope they haven’t ordered too much stock.  

On one hand, they had ages to get this right and do something classy for a one off special event. 

On the other hand it’s a one off special event not a whole season of that horrible shirt. 

Archived