IGNORED

125th anniversary shirt

Pickle Rick

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I’m sure now it’s not a joke. People are preordering them on the website. They wouldn’t let them do that if it wasn’t a genuine product. It’s real. This will go down as a missed opportunity by the club I think. Hope they haven’t ordered too much stock.  

On one hand, they had ages to get this right and do something classy for a one off special event. 

On the other hand it’s a one off special event not a whole season of that horrible shirt. 

I’m sure the pre-orders aren’t genuine. 
The club would be amazed if anyone thought to order one. 
It’s a big ruse. If anyone has the stupidity to pre-order one, I’m certain their card won’t be charged and they’ll get an email tomorrow confirming no transaction took place. 

It’s a joke. Got to be. It really is too ridiculous to be true. 

3 hours ago, Taz said:

Got to be surely.... the real one is due to be announced at 9pm.....

Think I'd rather have this one.....

city kit.jpg

Dave Cotterill's romper suit for season 2005/06 was quickly withdrawn following a supporter backlash. Mind you, the shirt young Dave modelled appeared four sizes too big, making him look like a blade of grass in a bin liner. Classy.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s a big ruse. If anyone has the stupidity to pre-order one, I’m certain their card won’t be charged and they’ll get an email tomorrow confirming no transaction took place, and notification of what time the nurses will be calling

And, Isn’t the NHS busy enough ?

85E381E6-6C28-414F-A013-0C29E50E868A.gif

This is defo for real. Club trying to follow the trend of mish mash shirts the yutes are lapping up at the mo. Problem with this one though.....it looks shit, and thats coming from a designer. In a bizarre way they've been too safe with it if that makes any sense.

Or this could be a clever marketing ploy to get Bristols faux eco warrior middle classes on board. Using deadstock/recycled fabrics is a big thing at the moment in terms of waste and sustainability. Some bloke in China/Bangladesh calls Lansdown Jnr and tells him he's unearthed a mountain of deadstock city shirts from the past.....Jon's 'clever' business brain goes into overdrive!

Well, thats my take on things anyway!

6 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

This is defo for real. Club trying to follow the trend of mish mash shirts the yutes are lapping up at the mo. Problem with this one though.....it looks shit, and thats coming from a designer. In a bizarre way they've been too safe with it if that makes any sense.

Or this could be a clever marketing ploy to get Bristols faux eco warrior middle classes on board. Using deadstock/recycled fabrics is a big thing at the moment in terms of waste and sustainability. Some bloke in China/Bangladesh calls Lansdown Jnr and tells him he's unearthed a mountain of deadstock city shirts from the past.....Jon's '?' business brain goes into overdrive!

One word in that lot that needs removing... Oh I just did.

10 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Or this could be a clever marketing ploy to get Bristols faux eco warrior middle classes on board. Using deadstock/recycled fabrics is a big thing at the moment in terms of waste and sustainability. Some bloke in China/Bangladesh calls Lansdown Jnr and tells him he's unearthed a mountain of deadstock city shirts from the past.....Jon's 'clever' business brain goes into overdrive!

Thanks for your input Gok......we’ll be in touch

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s a big ruse. If anyone has the stupidity to pre-order one, I’m certain their card won’t be charged and they’ll get an email tomorrow confirming no transaction took place. 

It’s a joke. Got to be. It really is too ridiculous to be true. 

We know even from this thread that there are fans who genuinely believe they have 'bought' this shirt. Giving the impression of having accepted an order if it's a joke would be going too far imo.  

If it's a publicity stunt - as I hope it is - the club could have just said they'd be taking orders from Monday rather than making fans - even a small percentage - feel foolish when the real shirt is revealed.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We know even from this thread that there are fans who genuinely believe they have 'bought' this shirt. Giving the impression of having accepted an order if it's a joke would be going too far imo.  

If it's a publicity stunt - as I hope it is - the club could have just said they'd be taking orders from Monday rather than making fans - even a small percentage - feel foolish when the real shirt is revealed.

It's heading for a Scooby Doo ending.

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Wow. Read this out loud an listen to how pathetic you sound.  It's just a football shirt buddy, listen to you. 

It's. Just. A. Football. Shirt. 

Why the insults?

Completely agree with him, except for one point. It’s so bad I can’t see JL was behind that shocking mess, it has to be LJ’s fault ?

9 hours ago, RedRaw said:

WTAF

8568F41F-6511-48AB-835A-24F42BF8AD75.jpeg

What in the skin tone, chicken bone, google chrome, no home, flip phone, disowned ice cream cone, garden gnome, extra chromosome, metronome, dimmadome, genome, full blown, monochrome, student loan, Indiana jones, over grown, flinstone, x and y hormone, post malone, friend zone, sylvester Stallone is that!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

We both know that's bullshit, and its just another excuse to moan about a t-shirt. 

The funny thing is, I haven't seen one complaint on here about the huge advertising slogan of Heineken, thatchers Haze, or the chanting and glorify of alcohol!  Alcohol being way more of a problem than gambling, but that's fine as it doesn't fit your agenda.

It’s the new hip thing to be outraged about. 

Archived