IGNORED

125th anniversary shirt

Pickle Rick

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s the new hip thing to be outraged about. 

I haven’t got a huge issue with it being gambling, it bothers me a little bit but the main issue for me is the actual name. Dunder = dunderheads = ridiculous name I just struggle to want on the front of my shirt, probably the main reason why I haven’t bought one for a couple of years. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I haven’t got a huge issue with it being gambling, it bothers me a little bit but the main issue for me is the actual name. Dunder = dunderheads = ridiculous name I just struggle to want on the front of my shirt, probably the main reason why I haven’t bought one for a couple of years. 

Yeah completely agree that it’s a stupid name!

25 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

We both know that's bullshit, and its just another excuse to moan about a t-shirt. 

The funny thing is, I haven't seen one complaint on here about the huge advertising slogan of Heineken, thatchers Haze, or the chanting and glorify of alcohol!  Alcohol being way more of a problem than gambling, but that's fine as it doesn't fit your agenda.

I genuinely have a real issue with gambling  and it’s detrimental effect on society and feel its easier to curb than alcohol. I don’t go on about it as I feel in the minority on the subject, but felt very strongly about it’s use on an anniversary shirt.

I have no agenda and have no idea what on earth you are referring too.

Its my opinion, I’m allowed it and whilst I can respect your view of it, please don’t tell me that I also know it’s bullshit.

In the 20 years I’ve been posting on here and it’s predecessor, you have always been a positive educated influence. 

Lately though you’ve become very angry and I think it stems from the Lee Johnson discussions which have caused conflict.

I could be wrong, I sometimes am.

33 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s the new hip thing to be outraged about. 

Possibly, for me personally I’ve never really agreed with it but appreciate that socially I’m on the minority in terms of its detriment. 

with that being the case I accept that city are currently sponsored by a gambling company, as is the fashion. 

I really don’t see the need to put it on what Is supposed to be a special one off shirt. 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Possibly, for me personally I’ve never really agreed with it but appreciate that socially I’m on the minority in terms of its detriment. 

with that being the case I accept that city are currently sponsored by a gambling company, as is the fashion. 

I really don’t see the need to put it on what Is supposed to be a special one off shirt. 

Completely agree with that, it’s distasteful and so very ‘us’ to take what should be something commemorative and meaningful and look to squeeze every possible penny out of it.

If I was still of an age where I wore football shirts it’d certainly stop me buying it whether I liked the design or not. 

Oh my this shirt is truly horrendous. It looks as though a 3 year old has been let loose on Paint shop. Anyway does it really matter because we know there will no stock in the shop prior to the Fulham game. It will be pre order and may arrive in time for Christmas if your'e lucky.

Oh and I still go into the shop in the forlorn hope that they may have some black beanies with the club crest.

28 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yes, exactly the same issue I have. I wish dunder would change their name. :pray:

33 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

You’re the lad who lives in Cardiff and likes it aren’t you.........

1) not a "lad", 38 years of age

2) Yes I live in Cardiff because that's where I met my partner and where my work is located

3) I design football kits myself, so I appreciate the work that goes into them that is often overlooked. It doesn't validate my opinion on a shirt anymore than living in Cardiff devaluates my opinion. 

4) If living in Cardiff makes me any less of a City fan then tell that to the Cardiff fans who gives me shit for wearing my City shirts. It's easy to wear a City shirt in Bristol, try doing it for 20 plus years in Cardiff ??

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

1) not a "lad", 38 years of age

2) Yes I live in Cardiff because that's where I met my partner and where my work is located

3) I design football kits myself, so I appreciate the work that goes into them that is often overlooked. It doesn't validate my opinion on a shirt anymore than living in Cardiff devaluates my opinion. 

4) If living in Cardiff makes me any less of a City fan then tell that to the Cardiff fans who gives me shit for wearing my City shirts. It's easy to wear a City shirt in Bristol, try doing it for 20 plus years in Cardiff ??

Cardiff is a great city, just a shame about all the Welsh people

15 hours ago, tommy_b said:

But this isn’t just a hash of various Man City blue shirts. It is unique and has a distinctiveness to it. 

Ours could just be sewn together using off cuts. There’s nothing “new” about it to celebrate the past yet also embrace the future. 

No...Its a hash of their previous kits whilst with Nike.  A mash up of 9 shirts.

Funnily enough that monstrosity also debuted against Fulham when it came out.  Are their fans known for going easy on the piss taking, perhaps?!?

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

no mention of the shorts yet…:noexp:

One loose  long leg and one very tight 80’s style short leg,in red,white,black,green and purple,not forgetting navy blue from that Wembley kit.

Archived