IGNORED

125th anniversary shirt

Pickle Rick

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I haven’t got a huge issue with it being gambling, it bothers me a little bit but the main issue for me is the actual name. Dunder = dunderheads = ridiculous name I just struggle to want on the front of my shirt, probably the main reason why I haven’t bought one for a couple of years. 

I don’t really hear  Dunderheads said much, is it a thing maybe on social media? But I don’t like the brand name Dunder much. I’m not so bothered it’s a betting company, I think if you are going to bet you will anyway, and probably place your bets with a better known rival company. So maybe that’s my issue, if you are going to have a sponsor have somebody known, even a betting company.

I guess the money was the draw for the club, and everyone has to start somewhere. But if you are going small then go for a local business, or if you are going large, then go large. I can’t believe as a Championship club we couldn’t attract a better known sponsor?

But I agree that this bloody awful anniversary shirt should not have the current sponsor blazed across the front. But I guess Dunder will argue they have paid to have every match this season so that’s what they will expect.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don’t really hear  Dunderheads said much, is it a thing maybe on social media? But I don’t like the brand name Dunder much. I’m not so bothered it’s a betting company, I think if you are going to bet you will anyway, and probably place your bets with a better known rival company. So maybe that’s my issue, if you are going to have a sponsor have somebody known, even a betting company.

I guess the money was the draw for the club, and everyone has to start somewhere. But if you are going small then go for a local business, or if you are going large, then go large. I can’t believe as a Championship club we couldn’t attract a better known sponsor?

But I agree that this bloody awful anniversary shirt should not have the current sponsor blazed across the front. But I guess Dunder will argue they have paid to have every match this season so that’s what they will expect.

I guess the argument could be made that we wear the version with ‘Dunder’ for the match but a version without the sponsor could be available for fans to purchase. 

WHAT!! What the flip am I on about. What right-minded fan is gonna buy this utter monstrosity.

8 match ban for Fammy for just putting that shirt on.

Seriously tho, grown adults have sat down in many meetings probably thrown in lots of ideas over months of work and this is the best they came out with. Im terrified with the idea of honoring the Ashton Gate 8 in the new shirt if this is what they have come up with for this one.

I wish a fan would make a really decent anniversary shirt and sell it. I think I would wear one to make a point. There shouldn’t be any issues with copyrite, just don’t have a badge or sponsor, or make up an anniversary badge. Any profit could go to charity after expenses of course.

Yeah, I’m only dreaming but I cant believe we can’t do something more appropiate.

Just to stress, this is my option as a fan. 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

I wish a fan would make a really decent anniversary shirt and sell it. I think I would wear one to make a point. There shouldn’t be any issues with copyrite, just don’t have a badge or sponsor, or make up an anniversary badge. Any profit could go to charity after expenses of course.

Yeah, I’m only dreaming but I cant believe we can’t do something more appropiate.

@Olé ?

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's a really nice idea. There's lots of members on this forum with lots of skills. Perhaps it could be an OTIB initiative. We've seen the success of the OSIB podcast (which was originally brainstormed here). Surely amongst our membership we could arrange this with a few skilled members. 

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's a really nice idea. There's lots of members on this forum with lots of skills. Perhaps it could be an OTIB initiative. We've seen the success of the OSIB podcast (which was originally brainstormed here). Surely amongst our membership we could arrange this with a few skilled members. 

Well, @Spike designs kits and @Olé has his South Bristol clothing brand. 
Do it lads. 

• Admin

Perhaps as the formation date suddenly changed in the summer from 1897 to 1894 the club will have another attempt at getting it right in three years time?

Though can't help thinking the anniversary was actually in 2019?

Or was the Fulham game chosen as they were our first opponents? I can't say I have seen anywhere what is significant about the date / game chosen to mark the 125 years?

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, @Spike designs kits and @Olé has his South Bristol clothing brand. 
Do it lads. 

Yep, plenty of good designers on here and @Olé understands the stock/supply chain side of things. Easy to make a shortlist and have members vote.. could be a good solution if this kit is genuinely real and not a joke.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It doesn’t have to be a football shirt, maybe a T-Shirt perhaps, or hoodie might be good. But a fitting alternative as I said. 

I don’t want to take revenue away from the club, of course I understand the importance, but it is also vital not only to produce something that the fans want but to be able to sell it too. This shirt ticks neither box for me.

FFS..............I haven't had time to read all the comments, so forgive me if i am repeating previous views.    It looks like a object designed by a commitee,  a complete mess, and a seriously missed opportunity.  How come no one stopped, looked around and said  " This is awful?"   A major landmark in the clubs history, has produced something akin to a Primary school art class's attempt at a quilt for a hamster cage.  I hate it with a passion.  What ever it cost's................. is far too much! ?

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

FFS..............I haven't had time to read all the comments, so forgive me if i am repeating previous views.    It looks like a object designed by a commitee,  a complete mess, and a seriously missed opportunity.  How come no one stopped, looked around and said  " This is awful?"   A major landmark in the clubs history, has produced something akin to a Primary school art class's attempt at a quilt for a hamster cage.  I hate it with a passion.  What ever it cost's................. is far too much! ?

The artistic level of Ashton & Knights

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It doesn’t have to be a football shirt, maybe a T-Shirt perhaps, or hoodie might be good. But a fitting alternative as I said. 

I don’t want to take revenue away from the club, of course I understand the importance, but it is also vital not only to produce something that the fans want but to be able to sell it too. This shirt ticks neither box for me.

I don’t think you have to worry about taking revenue away from the club. There won’t be much

On 13/02/2020 at 18:08, Nogbad the Bad said:

Go back to our origins and recreate one of these surely?

bdmstr_1892-1898.gifbristol_city_1894-1895.gif

Well found Noggers. Of course, the kit on the right is Bristol South End's strip from season 1894/95. The top is similar to this season's design and would be a deserved representation of our 125th (plus one) anniversary.

Could someone please start a poll for this classic, versus the cut 'n shut?  If it's well supported perhaps we could then forward the results to the club.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep, plenty of good designers on here and @Olé understands the stock/supply chain side of things. Easy to make a shortlist and have members vote.. could be a good solution if this kit is genuinely real and not a joke.

To be fair, you can't just make a good football kit. It needs months of planning. Although there's been huge developments in "direct to garment" and "all over" digital shirt printing, generally unless you are in full on mass production, you will be using a "blank" (a generic* item of clothing in a default style and pattern) and then adding a screen (ink design printed over in a few colours) or embroidering a logo.

A great design of football shirt (ie like the broken glass nibor shirt in my first season) needs the material printing with an utterly amazing pattern, the shirt sewn together and the badge added or embroidered. This is why Adidas and other big brands simply  give clubs templates to add their badges to, costs too much to tool up for a unique material and fit. Not going to happen.

Given all the preparation required it is even more amazing that people at City had this long organising material and production of a bespoke design they must have thought up while overdosing on PCP and MDMA.

For anyone who knows them, Streatham Rovers are an exception, if we can find out who did their shirt which I assume is low volume but utterly ridiculously bespoke in a way our 125 shirt can only aspire to, I'm happy to work with @Spike to see what's possible.

*self-indulgent disclaimer: I use blanks but go out of my way to never use the default or cheapest and always find less common or higher quality items, like the ultra soft summer cotton tees or new fitted hoodies. 

36 minutes ago, Olé said:

To be fair, you can't just make a good football kit. It needs months of planning. Although there's been huge developments in "direct to garment" and "all over" digital shirt printing, generally unless you are in full on mass production, you will be using a "blank" (a generic* item of clothing in a default style and pattern) and then adding a screen (ink design printed over in a few colours) or embroidering a logo.

A great design of football shirt (ie like the broken glass nibor shirt in my first season) needs the material printing with an utterly amazing pattern, the shirt sewn together and the badge added or embroidered. This is why Adidas and other big brands simply  give clubs templates to add their badges to, costs too much to tool up for a unique material and fit. Not going to happen.

Given all the preparation required it is even more amazing that people at City had this long organising material and production of a bespoke design they must have thought up while overdosing on PCP and MDMA.

For anyone who knows them, Streatham Rovers are an exception, if we can find out who did their shirt which I assume is low volume but utterly ridiculously bespoke in a way our 125 shirt can only aspire to, I'm happy to work with @Spike to see what's possible.

*self-indulgent disclaimer: I use blanks but go out of my way to never use the default or cheapest and always find less common or higher quality items, like the ultra soft summer cotton tees or new fitted hoodies. 

FB_IMG_1581717927676.thumb.jpg.e1226eefb96adde078c99ad086ecc313.jpgFB_IMG_1581717927676.thumb.jpg.e1226eefb96adde078c99ad086ecc313.jpg

1 minute ago, Med/MadHatter said:

FB_IMG_1581717927676.thumb.jpg.e1226eefb96adde078c99ad086ecc313.jpgFB_IMG_1581717927676.thumb.jpg.e1226eefb96adde078c99ad086ecc313.jpg

I would rather buy this shirt tbh!

2 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I would rather buy this shirt tbh!

Not even Streatham Rovers best ? the one in Purple and Green with about 30 evil sponsors is ridiculous. Wouldn't buy it but at least they are actually wilfully taking the p***. As opposed to City. Or maybe not.

17 hours ago, RedM said:

Dunderhead has been around a long time.

I don’t really like them as sponsors but there’s not much I can do about it. 
Shame it’s got that bloody awful white stripe across the chest

352D3E57-33F1-4780-B3BF-EEEF70F17391.png

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Dunderhead has been around a long time.

I don’t really like them as sponsors but there’s not much I can do about it. 
Shame it’s got that bloody awful white stripe across the chest

352D3E57-33F1-4780-B3BF-EEEF70F17391.png

Ah I just wondered if it was a name for us the Gas lot were using, an alternative to their usual name for us. 

Archived