IGNORED

125th anniversary shirt

Pickle Rick

It might become a collector's item like Coventry's infamous brown kit.

Obviously it's terrible but if you were a Coventry fan you'll wish you'd bought one at the time.

article-2358826-1ABB5BBA000005DC-468_634

Embrace the hideousness; you'll be grateful that you did in thirty years' time when they're going for millions because most of them ended up in landfill.

image.png.3a280b1010c1cdcd32678a0163fea805.png

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I do love the idea that some kit designer finishes his design thinking, well there’s a kit that surely everyone will love. :)

I'll tell you from experience, you'll never please everyone and every kit designer has made a kit they were sure people would love that was hated just as they've probably made a kit they weren't happy with that happened to be loved.

With hindsight our purple and lime kit (the original) could have gone down very very poorly, instead it's one of the most loved kits we've ever had... go figure.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Would people have preferred something a little simpler like this:

FB5hndf.jpg

I think that's too similar to what we have now and probably wouldn't sell. Nice design though.

I think a sensible option for the club would be to have proposed designs modeled on 4 classic shirts from the past - for example some of the ones on here. Got fans to vote on their favourite, the winner gets made into the one available to buy. 

"Bristol City Classics" - Tee or Sweat

7 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Why did it even need a sponsor's name on the front? Sponsors change every couple of years, who will even remember what Dunder do?

Plain red shirt would have been the obvious design.

Probably contractual. We have agreed for Dunder to be on shirts for all games. A shame really but it is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably contractual. We have agreed for Dunder to be on shirts for all games. A shame really but it is what it is. 

Would be a good move for Dunder to offer to step aside for this shirt issue. Would probably get more publicity that way

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Who was it that sponsored the shirts for the Man City games? Had a feeling we brought in a different sponsor for those games?

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Would be a good move for Dunder to offer to step aside for this shirt issue. Would probably get more publicity that way

Like Paddy Power at the start of the season, had a big campaign for having plain shirts - come to think of it maybe people would think it was one of Paddy Powers shirts!

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Who was it that sponsored the shirts for the Man City games? Had a feeling we brought in a different sponsor for those games?

We had JD as sleeve sponsors, as sleeve sponsors are allowed in the League Cup but not in the Championship. Lancer Scott were still main shirt sponsors though. 

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

as I replied in the tweet, we constantly run out of items in the club shop so can't believe anyone has any idea about sales figures etc

I do know that stock levels and the shop in general is something that is being looked at currently. I know somebody that works at the club.

I also heard that there is somebody being brought in to manage the shop "properly" and is/was working in this capacity elsewhere, but as of Christmas, was unable to start due to their contract with their current employers. I can't remember if this came from the same person that told me about the stock issues, or if this was someone else, so not 100% of how accurate the details were.

And no, I'm not naming sources at the risk of getting them in the shit before anybody asks.

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

The Dunder people don't give a shit about shirts. They are only interested in the golfing facilities of the Bristol area for free. Piss poor golfing in Malta hence the sponsoring.

What happened to their broader sponsorship of the community?

Nothing.

Archived