IGNORED

Derby keepers kit

westonred

38 minutes ago, westonred said:

Anyone else suprised Derby's keeper was allowed to wear a kit so similar to their outfield players

Pleased to see Bentley was wearing green yesterday, felt the shirt against Birmingham was also rather too close to red.

Although, didn’t complain in the away games at Reading and QPR!

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Pleased to see Bentley was wearing green yesterday, felt the shirt against Birmingham was also rather too close to red.

Although, didn’t complain in the away games at Reading and QPR!

In my day the only goalkeeper that didn't wear green was Plymouth's (was it not Geoff Crudgington)

49 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

In my day the only goalkeeper that didn't wear green was Plymouth's (was it not Geoff Crudgington)

When we played Argyle in the old days, both keepers wore blue.

The colours allowed by the Football League were green, red, blue and white.

But did not see a keeper wearing white until Shilton did for Leicester about early to mid 1970's.

Yellow was for internationals only.

Nowadays, I'm amazed at the colours goalkeepers are allowed to wear that are so close to their own team colours.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

It used to be an FA rule that keepers could only wear specific colours. Green was the standard colour worn but I think the alternatives were limited to orange and blue. 

When I first saw it I thought it was my colour blindness screwing things up again, and very quickly worked out the only difference was the keeper had a white band on the top of his socks, and the outfield players didn’t. Whilst that’s no help at all to most of you, it’s an insight into my world. Some nights I rely on a difference like that to tell two whole teams apart.

15 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

When I first saw it I thought it was my colour blindness screwing things up again, and very quickly worked out the only difference was the keeper had a white band on the top of his socks, and the outfield players didn’t. Whilst that’s no help at all to most of you, it’s an insight into my world. Some nights I rely on a difference like that to tell two whole teams apart.

Me too! Nightmare when away team wears a dark colour. I’d be passing to the wrong team a tad too much if i was playing! ?

There was definitely a clash between the Derby outfield players and their keeper. At one point an over hit diagonal when I thought a defender was going to head it clear when the player caught the ball - my immediate thought was ‘that’s a penalty’  only then did see it was the Derby keeper................very disappointing!........

16 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

The guy who sits behind me (contender for helmet of the century With his constant garbage) was furiously shouting “HANDBALL- PENALTY” in the 2nd half as Hamer claimed a through ball......

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There was definitely a clash between the Derby outfield players and their keeper. I thought a defender was going to head it clear when the player caught the ball - my immediate thought was ‘that’s a penalty’  only then did see it was the Derby keeper................very disappointing!........

@ohhhshauntaylor meet @Robbored

You’re welcome.

Archived