IGNORED

Diedhiou Dares to be the real Deal - £25m?

Hampshire Red

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Yes his game has improved but he will never make a higher level unless he improves his finishing

The miss at the end of the Derby County game is just another in the hold your head in your hands moments

Sadly a very long way off being worth £25 million

Not really he can head a ball, if that was all defending was about we would have some of the Flyers boys out there with their height

He should have scored but it was that bad! From where I was it was going in until one bounce took it to the outside edge of the post. 

I mean, there are misses and then there are misses. 

9 hours ago, City oz said:

Maybe not as good as Tammy but Fams work rate and noticed of late great defending when we were under pressure shows he is improving all round. He is a great asset to the club and can only get better.

I don’t deny that at all but I’d never say his vision and timing is better than Tammy’s. not knocking Fam at all just an odd statement

21 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

I never saw Atyeo live but have seen all our best forwards in the top two tiers since then, Galley, Garland, Goater, Super Bob, Cole not Gas, et al. 

This post is not to suggest Diedhiou is the best but to provoke positive comments on how far the guy has come since our coaches got hold of him, in all aspects of his play:

1) build up play; 2yrs ago he wouldn't know the meaning. Now most of our goals have him heavily involved (all v Derby) 

2) first touch, for those watching Tammy at Burton when everything came off the Chelski's knee or shin, it was like a premonition to our Diedhiou. Now it sticks to his boots

3) heading; last season it always went to an opponent and now he scores, finds neat plays to a red shirt and, Wow, QPR? 

4) shooting; had a decent right foot eg at Hawthorns last season but now looks up when ready to let loose, without being greedy 

5) Finding the net; stats speak for themselves despite us often only playing one up top this season

6) workrate; compared to that tireless colleague Bobby R, Diedhiou looked lazy when he arrived but now his effort s are immense, long runs after 89mins most games

7) allrounder; have we ever had a forward who also did as much good work in our own defense? 

? running the channels; to start we thought he'd taken offside lessons from Kodjia but now his vision, channel-running and timing are better than Tammy's.

9) fans favourite; he got his name sung just because S.82 had an unusually good song for him (Senegal and Knaaawle). Now everyone in the ground, and not just the fans who travel away, see his impact, commitment and skills. 

10) objective views;all of us like some players more than others as is the norm at all clubs. I like Rowe and NE this season but have been won over on Diedhiou so although Lj will get all the credit, and the Club the transfer money when he leaves, I would like to credit the guy with massive improvement and significantly under-rated skills. Even Rob (Ole) who has been harsh on him all season gave him the ultimate 10 after QPR so I'm glad it's not a minority that love the bloke. 

More please Diedhiou, starting against these top two sides 

He has improved his game significantly and like many others I thought we had bought a dud but he has been one of the top performers in the last few months 

If he can disrupt and terrorise the Leeds and WBA defences over the next few games then he would have then convinced me that he has been a shrewd investment 

From what I've seen of late his hold up play and knock ons have improved dramatically. Judging by Wednesday looks like Wells will be playing much closer to him than Weimann every did and therefore much more likely to profit from Fam's play. Can only see good things for the partnership.

23 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

I never saw Atyeo live but have seen all our best forwards in the top two tiers since then, Galley, Garland, Goater, Super Bob, Cole not Gas, et al. 

This post is not to suggest Diedhiou is the best but to provoke positive comments on how far the guy has come since our coaches got hold of him, in all aspects of his play:

1) build up play; 2yrs ago he wouldn't know the meaning. Now most of our goals have him heavily involved (all v Derby) 

2) first touch, for those watching Tammy at Burton when everything came off the Chelski's knee or shin, it was like a premonition to our Diedhiou. Now it sticks to his boots

3) heading; last season it always went to an opponent and now he scores, finds neat plays to a red shirt and, Wow, QPR? 

4) shooting; had a decent right foot eg at Hawthorns last season but now looks up when ready to let loose, without being greedy 

5) Finding the net; stats speak for themselves despite us often only playing one up top this season

6) workrate; compared to that tireless colleague Bobby R, Diedhiou looked lazy when he arrived but now his effort s are immense, long runs after 89mins most games

7) allrounder; have we ever had a forward who also did as much good work in our own defense? 

? running the channels; to start we thought he'd taken offside lessons from Kodjia but now his vision, channel-running and timing are better than Tammy's.

9) fans favourite; he got his name sung just because S.82 had an unusually good song for him (Senegal and Knaaawle). Now everyone in the ground, and not just the fans who travel away, see his impact, commitment and skills. 

10) objective views;all of us like some players more than others as is the norm at all clubs. I like Rowe and NE this season but have been won over on Diedhiou so although Lj will get all the credit, and the Club the transfer money when he leaves, I would like to credit the guy with massive improvement and significantly under-rated skills. Even Rob (Ole) who has been harsh on him all season gave him the ultimate 10 after QPR so I'm glad it's not a minority that love the bloke. 

More please Diedhiou, starting against these top two sides 

I’ve never been Fammy’s biggest fan but I do admit he is improving. However, in response to your point 1 above - how was Fammy ‘heavily involved in all 3 goals vs Derby’ ?! The first goal saw Eliasson feed Hunt who crossed the ball to Dasilva who knocked it back for Nahki to head home ... and your point 2 - Tammy was awesome at Burton, he scored both our goals in a 1-2 victory and overshadowed Kodjia ... your point 5 - I agree with this but I’ve been constantly told on here that we haven’t played just one up top this season, I’ve been told that Weimann has played all season as a genuine centre forward - which I think is guff

13 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Like the guy a lot, and echo loads of the positives above.

I wish they would spend more time on the training pitch on two frustrating aspects - firstly his first touch control. Even a ball pinged to him on the ground bounces 5 yards off him most times.

Secondly, to be moving or at least on his toes when on the shoulder of the last defender. He is so often caught flat footed and loses the first yard.

Both surely easy to rectify.

Christian Roberts was in tune with the fans, he as well had no clue where the ball was going after his first touch 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve never been Fammy’s biggest fan but I do admit he is improving. However, in response to your point 1 above - how was Fammy ‘heavily involved in all 3 goals vs Derby’ ?! The first goal saw Eliasson feed Hunt who crossed the ball to Dasilva who knocked it back for Nahki to head home ... and your point 2 - Tammy was awesome at Burton, he scored both our goals in a 1-2 victory and overshadowed Kodjia ... your point 5 - I agree with this but I’ve been constantly told on here that we haven’t played just one up top this season, I’ve been told that Weimann has played all season as a genuine centre forward - which I think is guff

Weimann has been playing right next to Diedhiou in a font 2 in the majority of games this season. He just hasn't linked up as well as what Wells did that last game.

Just to return to this, I have only just got around to the highlights from last weekend and noticed the great through ball that Fam played to Wells. He did a couple of those against Derby as well.

Who would have thought him capable of that until recently? Another example of how his game has expanded.

I love Fam, you can check my posts, I’ve always valued his role in the team and how he executes it.

Bit he quite simply doesn’t score enough goals, or in another way, doesn’t take enough chances that he gets and he gets a fair few.

i always maintained he is really, really good for us at this level and I’m sure most championship teams would have him.

But this is his level for me. As a striker he is simply not efficient enough to warrant anything more.

On 14/02/2020 at 22:09, JonDolman said:

Weimann has been playing right next to Diedhiou in a font 2 in the majority of games this season. He just hasn't linked up as well as what Wells did that last game.

Blimey !   I thought Weimann was small, but not that small !

Also, would be better if he was more bold.

I think he’s a bit of a donkey but bless Dave he’s our donkey . 
Top half championship striker and a better footballer than people would give credit . On his off days it’s like playing with ten , on his day he’s unplayable. Big turnaround in his overall play . LJ says he lacks concentration and I agree and this is what is keeping him at Bristol City!!

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just to return to this, I have only just got around to the highlights from last weekend and noticed the great through ball that Fam played to Wells. He did a couple of those against Derby as well.

Who would have thought him capable of that until recently? Another example of how his game has expanded.

Yep. It's funny that I am not sure if Fam has ever played Weimann through on goal. Get Wells alongside him and those passes are now on.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. It's funny that I am not sure if Fam has ever played Weimann through on goal. Get Wells alongside him and those passes are now on.

Also, in the Leeds game, Wells’ control of his pass would have been the subject of much ridicule if their roles had been reversed.

Archived