IGNORED

The New, New Den

Eddie Notgetinya

1 hour ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Permission granted to redevelop current stadium for this 30,000 seater modelled on the colosseum 

B1A571BB-EBFB-4655-A2C3-4B5EF3325498.jpeg

706D4216-F6BE-4CE7-B704-312C24A2CE4C.jpeg

Modelled on the colosseum  so they can throw the Christians to the Lions.

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

You do have to ask,why?  Like the gash, they hardly fill the one they've got.

I asked a Millwall fan in work and he said it's about protecting the club.

As there's so much planned redevelopment around their stadium and the immediate area, by getting PP now, it gives them the freedom to develop in the future, rather than now and ring fences the land around their stadium, thereby protecting the club IF they were to want to develop in the future. He said it won't happen unless they become an established Premier league club but they wouldn't have been able to do it at all if they hadn't done this as the area developments would have been right up to the stadium. 

Quite clever IMHO.

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

If it didn’t have Millwall fans in I would agree.

Bizarrely that is part of the appeal for me. It a bit like Leeds - their fans aren’t necessarily the most likeable bunch but they do make a real noise and create an atmosphere. And the Millwall fans being there also makes it way more enjoyable when we win!

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I asked a Millwall fan in work and he said it's about protecting the club.

As there's so much planned redevelopment around their stadium and the immediate area, by getting PP now, it gives them the freedom to develop in the future, rather than now and ring fences the land around their stadium, thereby protecting the club IF they were to want to develop in the future. He said it won't happen unless they become an established Premier league club but they wouldn't have been able to do it at all if they hadn't done this as the area developments would have been right up to the stadium. 

Quite clever IMHO.

Have all the threats of them being turfed out as part of the `urban renewal` scheme that Lewisham Council were behind gone now? I used to find out what was going on from my Millwall ST holder brother in law but he`s split up with Mrs LR`s sister so I never see him now!

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Have all the threats of them being turfed out as part of the `urban renewal` scheme that Lewisham Council were behind gone now? I used to find out what was going on from my Millwall ST holder brother in law but he`s split up with Mrs LR`s sister so I never see him now!

I believe that's what my colleague was getting at Lantern. If they keep renewing the PP, their land / stadium, plus any room needed for this expansion cannot be touched. Hence why I think it's actually a very clever move, even if it never happens.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I believe that's what my colleague was getting at Lantern. If they keep renewing the PP, their land / stadium, plus any room needed for this expansion cannot be touched. Hence why I think it's actually a very clever move, even if it never happens.

Good move then Last I heard they were being squeezed tighter and tighter by the powers that be but to their credit had mobilised the community behind them and even had `Save Millwall` councillors elected(?) to Lewisham Council.

I`m surprised they haven`t tried the `community asset` route which I think could work for them. Say what you like about their fans, the club itself really are community focused from what I see.

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Good move then Last I heard they were being squeezed tighter and tighter by the powers that be but to their credit had mobilised the community behind them and even had `Save Millwall` councillors elected(?) to Lewisham Council.

I`m surprised they haven`t tried the `community asset` route which I think could work for them. Say what you like about their fans, the club itself really are community focused from what I see.

Totally agree Lantern. Maybe that was an option if this hadn't passed.

Good on them I say. Keeps the club in their heartland long term which was a real concern apparently.

Archived