IGNORED

Man City banned from Europe for two years FFP

And Its Smith

10 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Hardly. Their money will still talk and attract top players. 

May affect whether Pep wants to stay though as he's smashed through domestic trophies. Only Europe left.

He’s not very good in Europe and that is what his record will be judged on.Flat track bully’s that he has had in Bayern and Man City in the domestic competition have failed miserably in Europe under his watch,he’s best getting back to Barcelona while Messi still has a bit about him

11 minutes ago, Smokey said:

UEFA rule 4.08 states: "A club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by the next best-placed club in the top domestic championship of the same association, provided the new club fulfils the admission criteria. In this case, the access list (see Annex A) is adjusted accordingly."

Blimey. Fair enough. Cheers

13 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Hardly. Their money will still talk and attract top players. 

May affect whether Pep wants to stay though as he's smashed through domestic trophies. Only Europe left.

That was my point really, the Pep 'era' will likely be over. I can't see him wanting to manage another season if it's only domestic football.

46 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Man United finish 5th take man city's place. This is what happens when the Arabs take over a club and throw endless amounts of money around. Every time you fill up with petrol you fund man City. This has to be good news for all well run clubs like ours. Maybe this is why wally wont fund the sags at the minimal. 

The UAE is hardly the only source of petrol....

37 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s not very good in Europe and that is what his record will be judged on.Flat track bully’s that he has had in Bayern and Man City in the domestic competition have failed miserably in Europe under his watch,he’s best getting back to Barcelona while Messi still has a bit about him

It's a pretty high bar being set to say he's not that good in Europe! 

With Barcelona 2 wins, 2 semi finals. 

Bayern 3 semi finals. 

Granted his Barcelona side especially were really magnificent, but that's a pretty high bar!

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bayern 3 semi finals. 

Granted his Barcelona side especially were really magnificent, but that's a pretty high bar!

Hence why I said messi and the 3 behind him were not bad either which were at the club when he took over,his record at other clubs is not great as you pointed out with the players he had

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bayern 3 semi finals. 

Jose Mourinho record is even better while playing crap football with less talented footballers at his disposal much of the time 

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

And this is why people need to understand (like Oscars article) why it can't be like the good old days. If you want to progress as a club, be sustainable and run within FFP, having a bigger commercial income needs to happen. I really do believe we are ahead of the curve.  This also explains our buying "one for the future" tactic. As clubs around is fall, we are becoming stronger and stronger. 

Doesn't it also prove Oscar's point that money is ruining the modern game? Man C cheat (financially) to be the best. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby etc cheat too. Look at Fifa itself. It's a money game and money corrupts.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

A pretty ingenious way to speak of a genius manager. He has taken the best of the rest (managers) and blended them.

His weakness is on a downturn, funnily enough because he’s so equipped he doesn’t have the experience. 

Don’t get me wrong he was handed a groomed Barca squad, and he’s had a chequebook, but Bayern impresses me most because he did play a Germanic version of his game. Man City are at times sublime to watch just as Barca were. 

His issue is in defence. But that’s the same for most. It’s the hardest part to get right. I would say in football standards have improved vastly all over the pitch bar defence. The defences of the late 90’s would wipe the floor with their international compatriots nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

His issue is in defence. But that’s the same for most. It’s the hardest part to get right. I would say in football standards have improved vastly all over the pitch bar defence. The defences of the late 90’s would wipe the floor with their international compatriots nowadays. 

Sorry but getting the defence right is the easy bit

Any manager who comes into a struggling team starts with getting it right at the back

As for the 90s defence They are bound to be better than todays  as back then a defender could tackle a forward and make contact

with a forward without getting a card or giving away a pen (Football was still a contact sport back then)

8 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Whilst I applaud FFP for making clubs more sustainable, I still feel it gives the historic big clubs like Manure etc an advantage as their commercial revenue is massive compared to the likes of Man CIty.

Nail on the head 

Old school money clubs not wanting upstarts crashing the party

23 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A pretty ingenious way to speak of a genius manager. He has taken the best of the rest (managers) and blended them.

His weakness is on a downturn, funnily enough because he’s so equipped he doesn’t have the experience. 

Don’t get me wrong he was handed a groomed Barca squad, and he’s had a chequebook, but Bayern impresses me most because he did play a Germanic version of his game. Man City are at times sublime to watch just as Barca were. 

Is he a genius manager tho really because it doesn’t seem it in my eyesight,let’s be honest he took over a club that were winning things anyway and has he achieved anything better than the previous managers then the  answer has to be no

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Hence why I said messi and the 3 behind him were not bad either which were at the club when he took over,his record at other clubs is not great as you pointed out with the players he had

Fair. Think his record at Bayern okay...but he seemed to hit a wall, always lost to Spanish sides in the semi finals.

Mind you, so did pretty well everyone at that time! Check the CL and EL Finalists for those 3 seasons.

Less talented than the very best yes, but don't think an Inter with Eto'o and Milito as part of a front 3 to name 2 all that weak. Chelsea well we know, Porto with lots of Portuguese internationals, several of whom followed him to Chelsea and check out the depth he had at Real Madrid! 

He never maybe had the best squad in the world, unlike Pep at Barca but his squads in general, with the possible exception of Porto? They weren't half bad!

Mourinho's record is superior but there's not a lot in it in terms of raw numbers.

That said, weighted for relative squad strength it certainly helps his case further.

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He's on 5Live talking about it now.

Have to say Man City fans are taking this appallingly, thought they were a fairly down to earth bunch of fans. But apparently it's everyone else's fault- mostly UEFAs.

Question.

EFL final is between Man City and Villa. The rules state “Winners also qualify for European football, receiving a place in the UEFA Europa League; should the winner also qualify for Europe through other means at the end of the season, this place is transferred to the highest-placed Premier League team not already qualified for European competition.”

Does not really cover this scenario if they win that cup and are banned next year. My guess is it would go to 7th, (8th?) but if I was  Villa I would be asking the question.

43 minutes ago, pillred said:

On appeal will be reduced to £10,000,000 plus 1year ban suspended for 2 years, never known any original punishment to ever be upheld, the appeal process is a joke.

Unsure, I think UEFA are pretty determined on this one. 

They have to send out and be be seen to send out a strong message. PSG next?

They also banned the iconic AC Milan in 2018/19 I think. Or was it this season?

Anyway imagine the prestige of a club who has won 7 European Cups/CLs playing in the Europa League? UEFA didn't mind

Hopefully this will give fresh impetus to the EFL too. 

53 minutes ago, mozo said:

It begs the question, should Man City fans be proud of their success in recent years? Not only was it bought, but it was crooked too...

Absolutely, a plastic club who have been bankrolled by multi billionaires. I shed no tears for them at all. Fxck them.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair. Think his record at Bayern okay...but he seemed to hit a wall, always lost to Spanish sides in the semi finals.

Mind you, so did pretty well everyone at that time! Check the CL and EL Finalists for those 3 seasons.

Less talented than the very best yes, but don't think an Inter with Eto'o and Milito as part of a front 3 to name 2 all that weak. Chelsea well we know, Porto with lots of Portuguese internationals, several of whom followed him to Chelsea and check out the depth he had at Real Madrid! 

He never maybe had the best squad in the world, unlike Pep at Barca but his squads in general, with the possible exception of Porto? They weren't half bad!

Mourinho's record is superior but there's not a lot in it in terms of raw numbers.

That said, weighted for relative squad strength it certainly helps his case further.

I think a real top technical manager would have won a champions league with that Man City side at least once the last 3 years,no doubt pep plays attractive football and I’m sure the Man City fans would sacrifice not winning a champs league for the football they have witnessed which brings us back to City under Lee,is playing unattractive football but winning better than playing attractive football and maybe winning 

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unsure, I think UEFA are pretty determined on this one. 

They have to send out and be be seen to send out a strong message. PSG next?

They also banned the iconic AC Milan in 2018/19 I think. Or was it this season?

Anyway imagine the prestige of a club who has won 7 European Cups/CLs playing in the Europa League? UEFA didn't mind

Hopefully this will give fresh impetus to the EFL too. 

Can’t see them banning the most corrupt club in world football tho,a certain Real Madrid 

Archived