IGNORED

Bristol Sport Museum

CyderInACan

If they had decent archive footage, plus an ability to sift through news articles, and spoke spoken words from fans talking about their favourite matches, that would be enough for me. Will be all about whether they get a proper curator. A room with all the former city shirts (or a selection that changes every three months). An ability to search for a player and pull up a highlights reel or collection of match day programme notes. A few interactive things for little kids like a skills circuit (kicking a ball, shooting a basketball etc), designing your own shirt, or doing your own press conference.  Training ground routines. You could do loads with a decent space. 

31 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

If they had decent archive footage, plus an ability to sift through news articles, and spoke spoken words from fans talking about their favourite matches, that would be enough for me. Will be all about whether they get a proper curator. A room with all the former city shirts (or a selection that changes every three months). An ability to search for a player and pull up a highlights reel or collection of match day programme notes. A few interactive things for little kids like a skills circuit (kicking a ball, shooting a basketball etc), designing your own shirt, or doing your own press conference.  Training ground routines. You could do loads with a decent space. 

Ooh, run out of my daily ration of likes but spot on. 

As noted by some above, too many clubs translate the term 'museum' to mean 'trophy room' but in all truth only the imagination limits the scope of such. The warm memories occasionally shared on here are ample reflection on how storied this club is and a celebration of those memories would mean so much more than our meager selection of tin pots. 

And of course, Buster's t-shirt as suggested by @Bristol Rob should take pride of place! 

And the more maverick and eccentric the better - a corner for Beryl or Divvy or similar fan legends would be astonishing. Hell, a lifesize diorama featuring a chunk of the old East End to allow fans past and present to stand on a ten square meter recreation of the old EE whilst footage of the Forest semi is projected in front (cider smells wafted out to complete the immersion)! The sky is the limit! 

And I'm not being tongue in cheek here. Across the world museums, galleries and cultural spaces are revolutionizing themselves and daring to be different. Imagine if a football museum did the same! And imagine if it was ours! 

1 minute ago, poland_exile said:

As noted by some above, too many clubs translate the term 'museum' to mean 'trophy room' but in all truth only the imagination limits the scope of such. The warm memories occasionally shared on here are ample reflection on how storied this club is and a celebration of those memories would mean so much more than our meager selection of tin pots. 

And of course, Buster's t-shirt as suggested by @Bristol Rob should take pride of place! 

And the more maverick and eccentric the better - a corner for Beryl or Divvy or similar fan legends would be astonishing. Hell, a lifesize diorama featuring a chunk of the old East End to allow fans past and present to stand on a ten square meter recreation of the old EE whilst footage of the Forest semi is projected in front (cider smells wafted out to complete the immersion)! The sky is the limit! 

And I'm not being tongue in cheek here. Across the world museums, galleries and cultural spaces are revolutionizing themselves and daring to be different. Imagine if a football museum did the same! And imagine if it was ours! 

Open air toilet that floods?

That would be revolutionary.

2 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Yep, I’d enjoy all of those. A collection of games involving Bristol City (a few subbuteo team pitches with loads of teams in classic kits to pick from, plus I had an FA Cup board game from when I was a kid). Loads of ideas. 

Archived