IGNORED

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 33

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Think our best chance of getting something from the game is the last half hour when we can bring Fam on. Keep it tight and edgy till then and we could nick something.

Fair play for your comments, you seem to know what you're on about 

LJ will say the squad has sickness issues, but it’s the classic “square pegs in circular holes” scenario and people are being played out of position. With fammy out this was the perfect chance to try Palmer/Patto behind Wells but by trying to force Kalas & Baker back in hes confused the team and it’s another game where we look like strangers who have been thrown into a football match! 45min to go but if we don’t start to hold back up top (and generally all over) we won’t have any chance to get something out of this game 

2 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Think LJ has decided on one of his tactical aster classes again. It’s Leeds away with terrible weather the tactics really should not be as complicated as we’re making them look. Keep it tight and break.

Seems Owers scratching his head re the way we have been set.

why oh why is Kalas playing as a RB.  Bonkers  square pegs round holes. 

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Stats at half time look a bit uneven...  still, the wind though!

image.png.5f995ffff5b2430fd84e68da81b8a5ac.png

Earlier today Forest had one shot on target (in the 91st minute), scored twice and got a point away.....this is the Championship, we are Bristol City.....anything can happen! 

2 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Think LJ has decided on one of his tactical aster classes again. It’s Leeds away with terrible weather the tactics really should not be as complicated as we’re making them look. Keep it tight and break.

I think it's called the White Flag formation. Can we afford to take off Eliasson and go for solidity? I say sub him for Hunt and Rowe for Massengo and go 3-5-2. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, you’re right Jon, but you do seem to target him in virtually every game.

Because he's poor in nearly every game. Not going to not target the ones that I feel are worst.

I said many positive things about him when he's been good. 

When he had the ball on about 10 mins i shouted he will lose it, he won't use his body to hold it up. And that's exactly what happened.

I think Johnson has got this horribly wrong. But Weimann for me seems to actually lack effort with what he wants to do with the ball or where he wants to receive the ball.

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

Just think he shouldn’t have goaded loyal City fans who backed him 100% for years. He could have celebrated with less vigour.

I take your point. But I think he’ll be thinking more about how he was treated by the current regime. I wouldn’t have toned it down with that in mind, would you?

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Earlier today Forest had one shot on target (in the 91st minute), scored twice and got a point away.....this is the Championship, we are Bristol City.....anything can happen! 

yeah, and I'm expecting Leeds to score again in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Just think he shouldn’t have goaded loyal City fans who backed him 100% for years. He could have celebrated with less vigour.

It’s all part of the fun for me, the pantomime of football, any fan who takes this sort of thing too seriously needs to have a word really, I’m sure Luke doesn’t!

They have just been better than us all over the park. Stronger, first to the ball, pace and purpose with it, hard working and not giving us half a yard without it. Not sure we have actually done that much wrong, we have worked hard to keep our shape in defence after wave and wave of attack, but just not getting a sniff offensively.

Kind of feels just a question of ‘how many’ already, but Leeds have often it seems been in this exact position and screwed it up this season so, fingers crossed I guess.

Archived