IGNORED

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 33

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Harsh comments on 18 year old (lets not forget that) Massengo today. For me he battled well given how we were outnumbered in CM, don't blame Massengo, blame LJ for thinking that would not happen with only 2 CMs.

Yeah it's not on him, his fee 8m gets you a lot in this league. That's why I think its a waste.

2 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

We really aren't ready for promotion, we'd get battered every week.  Let's make the play offs this year, and improve again next season and go up with a stronger team!

We wouldn’t have the same side if we got promoted and even if we went up and came straight back down the parachute payments would help us improve the team , not mentioning the experience the retained players would have after a season at the top level .

Let’s not forget that this is Leeds 3rd home win since the beginning of December, 2 1/2 months that is unbelievable. Then today in winning their 3rd game at home in 2 1/2 months, with the same move and way of play with no one closing the same players down!!

oh and no one has mentioned that QPR scored 4 today.......... must be something to do with service and style of play. Whoooosh ball from the back 2 again. 

Expected nothing, got nothing.

Would have been nice to have a bit of a go but very little chance of having any control with that line-up - enforced or not. Always trying to be too clever. 

Was Benkovic ill too? 

Results elsewhere were incredible, on to the next.

7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Harsh comments on 18 year old (lets not forget that) Massengo today. For me he battled well given how we were outnumbered in CM, don't blame Massengo, blame LJ for thinking that would not happen with only 2 CMs.

Agreed I thought he worked hard, did as well as he could, linked well with Dasilva I thought

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yeah it's not on him, his fee 8m gets you a lot in this league. That's why I think its a waste.

How many times do I have  to post that his fee WASN’T 8 million ?

It was 3 million euros with a 20% sell on clause . 

This is still a lot of money for a player but he is only very young and will improve with experience.

8 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Let's make the play offs this year, and improve again next season and go up with a stronger team!

8 minutes ago, swanker said:

Thought we weren’t too bad against a very talented side that should get promoted this season. We’re in a good position and hopefully will make the playoffs. Get behind the lads for the remainder of the season. 

Thank you both for your positive comments. I expected nothing but negatives tonight.

Losing away to Leeds is the kind of result that's easy to forgive.  Not competing for more than maybe 10% of the match is harder to forgive.

I think we should probably have brought Rowe into the midfield half an hour in when it was clear we were being overrun.  I'm also surprised we mucked around with the defence again.  We need to have a settled back four as a platform for the team, not a random selection each week.

In a division where anyone can beat anyone, we lost 1-0 to a side widely expected to be troubling the top 2 at the beginning of the season in a stadium we haven't won at since 1979.

Didn't sound like a great performance and with a number of players either going out there whilst ill or being on the bench when not 100%, I think keeping the score down to 1 is to the credit of the players.

We go again.

14 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I can handle most things, and I understand it was difficult conditions, but to not even look interested, especially giving our league position has angered me. Luckily teams around us had a mare, so it's not affected us that much, but the players have to take some responsibility for today. 

That was outrageous. 

I didn't watch the game so kept quiet of course but the way the team was set up didn't seem right. What's your thoughts was it all about the players or did LJs selection not help? 

Genuine question because I know you are supportive of the coach but not a fanatic! 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Should have gone 5-3-2 @Harry!

No. As I said before, 3 cb’s would not work again their style of play. 
Once Fam wasn’t available we should’ve played Rowe in CM to hustle Phillips. 
But 4 at the back was definitely the right way to play. We just didn’t have the right personnel in the right places. 

Archived