IGNORED

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 33

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

That’s bull s...   we set up 4 at the back , 2 centre mids,  Ellison, Patterson wide and 2 strikers.  That’s a “have a go lineup ‘.  Which u can argue is a more attacking start than Leeds’s 4-14-1

the players just didn’t perform or it’s just that we are as good as them. A bit of both I think 

how can you say the manager set up not to go for it.     Stupid comment 

Can you not discuss amicably without making snide comments?  

Anyway, 30% possession, 1 shot on target, 3 shots in total (compared to their 21), 0 corners - that’s not ‘having a go’  imho.  We sat off them all game. If you’re happy with that then fair play to you.  But I feel we could’ve done better.  

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bad take @WolfOfWestStreet, remember how old he is. The vigours of an intensely competitive and full on league are getting to him. He comes from playing largely youth football in better weather with a winter break. All of this needs to be considered.

He still has a boy's body really compared to his opponents, we probably won't see what he's really about until he's around 21+.

He wasn't great today and poor against Birmingham but so were many players who are 10+ years older than he is. 

He obviously needs to play in a midfield 3 as he doesn't have the experience, physicality and confidence to command games. Henriksen is still getting up to match fitness.

Blame Johnson for picking him if anyone, perhaps today was a game for Tommy Rowe to add a bit of steel and experience to midfield.

I do agree with you but there are players ripping it up in this league younger than him. The Brum 16 year old was superb last week against us.

33 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don’t think any 0-1 away defeat can be described as being ‘totally and comprehensively stuffed’, can it?  Especially at a venue like Elland Road...

Well we were. Should have been 4 down after 15 minutes, possibly 6 by half time.

7 or 8 :1 would have been a fair result.

Leeds aren't that good but shredded us wide, exposed our lack of pace at the back and not for last ditch , 'throw everything at it' defending and ultra poor finishing from them we'd have been utterly spanked.

32 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

We must be better than that as it can't be a fluke over the whole season that we were only 3 points behind them this morning. We just don't seem to have any belief against big name teams like Leeds WBA Villa etc I can't understand it

Mentality...

Has been seemingly engraned into our psyche for as long as I can remember (with the exception of the Div One days)

It'll have to somehow change if we're ever to get promoted out of this division.

Answers on a postcard....

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Depends on whether you just stare at the final score as your only consideration I guess

Or whether you take account of football being a game of defending as well as attacking.  I’m disappointed we didn’t get something out of the game, but we went into it with a lot of problems behind the scenes, and yet still restricted Leeds to a single goal.  Given that we had (apparently) a clear penalty shout turned down, and Wells fluffed a 1:1 with the keeper, I still can’t accept that we were ‘totally and comprehensively stuffed’.

Any football purist would take away from today's game the conundrum that is Patrick Bamford. His movement, engagement, running, pace and touch today was exemplar; as good as it gets in this division. His conversion rate, as it has been throughout his career, woefully poor.

His 'slip and turn' shortly before he went off was worth the price if admission alone and had it occurred in the Premier MOTD would be showing it on a loop for weeks.

51 minutes ago, lenred said:

Can you not discuss amicably without making snide comments?  

Anyway, 30% possession, 1 shot on target, 3 shots in total (compared to their 21), 0 corners - that’s not ‘having a go’  imho.  We sat off them all game. If you’re happy with that then fair play to you.  But I feel we could’ve done better.  

You said the manager set up not to lose.  I’m saying he set up to win  with that line upbut we were outplayed 

1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

You said the manager set up not to lose.  I’m saying he set up to win  with that line upbut we were outplayed 

So you think that performance (if you watched it) coupled with those stats, show a team who went for it?  Your point of view which you are well entitled to. I don’t agree. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

So you think that performance (if you watched it) coupled with those stats, show a team who went for it?  Your point of view which you are well entitled to. I don’t agree. 

Jeez. Your still not getting it.  I’ll try again,  

you were saying he set up to not go for it 

I’m saying he selected a team to go for it in a 4-4-2.   That’s it     Yes we were outplayed I’m not disputing that  but if he SET UP to NOT go for it it would have been a 5-3-1-1 

4 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Jeez. Your still not getting it.  I’ll try again,  

you were saying he set up to not go for it 

I’m saying he selected a team to go for it in a 4-4-2.   That’s it     Yes we were outplayed I’m not disputing that  but if he SET UP to NOT go for it it would have been a 5-3-1-1 

‘Jeeeeez’ you’re not ‘getting it’ either. Watching the game and and the accompanying stats are all I need. We did not go for it in any way shape or form.  If you watched it and saw it differently then that’s your prerogative. 

44 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Mentality...

Has been seemingly engraned into our psyche for as long as I can remember (with the exception of the Div One days)

It'll have to somehow change if we're ever to get promoted out of this division.

Answers on a postcard....

..answers on a bedsheet will also be accepted.

Already agreed that he has to the end of the season. However, I don’t reckon he’s going to ‘get out of jail’ largely down to these factors; building a lightweight midfield, having a bloated squad and no identity. 

I hope I’m wrong. 

20 minutes ago, lenred said:

‘Jeeeeez’ you’re not ‘getting it’ either. Watching the game and and the accompanying stats are all I need. We did not go for it in any way shape or form.  If you watched it and saw it differently then that’s your prerogative. 

What part of I’m not talking about the game do you not get , I am answering your. He did not set up to win comment so it’s about the line up, / formation 

it doesn’t matter your not understanding so I’ll leave it ?

45 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

What part of I’m not talking about the game do you not get , I am answering your. He did not set up to win comment so it’s about the line up, / formation 

it doesn’t matter your not understanding so I’ll leave it ?

I understand all right. You chose to concentrate your whole initial condescending attack on me (‘bullshit’, ‘stupid’) upon one phrase of my post despite me trying to impress upon you, politely, that my point of view was based upon stats and watching the game as opposed to solely how we ‘set up’. And you chose to completely ignore the overall point of my subsequent answers to you for some reason. Appears you just want an argument based upon a few words as opposed to my overall view.   
My fault - I should’ve been completely clear at the start but I’ll try again. In my opinion we played negatively - despite the formation - and my eyes and the statistics back that up in my opinion.   If you disagree then fine.  It’s really no big deal. Enjoy your evening.  

2 hours ago, Super said:

I do agree with you but there are players ripping it up in this league younger than him. The Brum 16 year old was superb last week against us.

He has played out wide too which is a bit different, also a totally different build and hasn't had to acclimatise from moving countries. He does look a fantastic prospect though. Birmingham are very lucky. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

In a division where anyone can beat anyone, we lost 1-0 to a side widely expected to be troubling the top 2 at the beginning of the season in a stadium we haven't won at since 1979 ...

Factually correct yet a little misleading? We didn’t play a league game at Elland Road between 1979 and 2010 ... a bit like saying we haven’t lost at Chelsea since 1977 ...

1 hour ago, lenred said:

I understand all right. You chose to concentrate your whole initial condescending attack on me (‘bullshit’, ‘stupid’) upon one phrase of my post despite me trying to impress upon you, politely, that my point of view was based upon stats and watching the game as opposed to solely how we ‘set up’. And you chose to completely ignore the overall point of my subsequent answers to you for some reason. Appears you just want an argument based upon a few words as opposed to my overall view.   
My fault - I should’ve been completely clear at the start but I’ll try again. In my opinion we played negatively - despite the formation - and my eyes and the statistics back that up in my opinion.   If you disagree then fine.  It’s really no big deal. Enjoy your evening.  

Apologies if I offended you.  I get wound up with some of the crap on here after a loss 

10 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Apologies if I offended you.  I get wound up with some of the crap on here after a loss 

Cheers and no worries at all.  I’m no shrinking violet myself and happy to have honest words (!) and appreciate feelings run high, but didn’t think it warranted it - this time anyway! ?

Archived