Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 33

Recommended Posts

Bit windy miller out there.

Ah Leeds. 

The other day I mentioned how Derby were the ultimate chokers. These guys are up there with them. The now infamous chant from opposition fans "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart" whenever Leeds concede or lose is becoming a staple.

Last season, they finished in 3rd. Losing to Derby in the play off semi, Villa took out Derby in the final. 

Then we come to He Who Shall Not Be Named. Bielsa likes to play Bamford up top all by himself, but they still needed a cover position so they gave Arsenal a call and the young lad was sent up the motorway. Not that they told Arsenal at the time but they'd just leave him to sit on his ass for the majority and it was one over little Bristol City... like a vaudeville actor, Bielsa might as well have twisted his whiskers with glee... we all know how that turned out.

 

And then last season, we had Leeds fans sitting in the home end at AG. I've got nothing against away fans in a home end as long as you keep your gob shut and your hands under your bum but if or when they are discovered and eventually get removed, they put a sob story on twitter and Andrea Radrizzani gets taken in like the mug he is and free tickets/shirts/kidneys are offered in a PR stunt. **** off. 

So if any City fans are in the home end today, just get yourself thrown out and then you can try and pepper SL and JL for free shit. Let's see how they would respond... 

 

Goalkeeper howler alert. Leeds shot stopper Kiko Casilla had an absolute stinker in their previous game, leading to rumours he would be dropped. Bielsa confirmed he would still play against us today. Not the best quality but here ya go...

And he played for Real Madrid reserves... 😳

 

On to today...

Other than their dodgy goalie and Bamford, city reject and piss artist Luke Ayling will most likely feature. Also watch out for Pablo Hernandez. He likes playing against us, scoring thrice and providing 4 assists in just 6 league games.

Expect an unchanged side. Nagy is now invisible and Kalas thinks he has a face for radio. 

Baker needs to get longer on the pitch today too so he can control Bamford.

Our away form is good. Leeds have had just one win in their last seven games and that was a scrappy 3-2 over Millwall. 2-1 City. Palmer and Patto scoring.

Should be entertaining!

COYRS!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody got TalkLeeds on right now? 1089 and DAB

Apparently they deserve Premier League football

Edited by AppyDAZE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneaky feeling today will be our day, we we’ll be battered for 90 minutes but steal a 1 -0 away win 

Edited by daored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Anybody got TalkLeeds on right now? 1089 and DAB

Apparently they deserve Premier League football

Jermaine Beckford was on talkShite earlier, the piece was proceeded by some deluded Leeds fans saying how everyone hates them and loves them at the same time, how the PL would be better for them etc....blah blah blah.

Then JB hoped that City would choke in the atmosphere at Elland Rd, the noise, the big stadium.....:laugh:! Conveniently forgetting our recent form, 5 wins in 6....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost certainty that their keeper will play an absolute blinder today!  :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always seem to struggle in these games....going for 3-0 Leeds hope to be surprised  but fear we could be overrun for 90 minutes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets see the team first, hope for 2 up front and take it to them, we will be a threat from corners but to do that we have to press, not try and hold. Leeds will be up for this and will want to make amends for recent results, if we take it to them we can take it by the odd goal 1-2 :pray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always pessimistic vs Leeds. A draw would be a fantastic result, doesn't have to be spectacular. To use a boxing comparison we need to put on a Tyson Fury vs Klitschko 2015 performance.

Think it'll be 3-1 or something unfortunately. Hope i'm wrong.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, daored said:

Sneaky feeling today will be our day, we we’ll be battered for 90 minutes but steal a 1 -0 away win 

Nah 3 - 2 win to city with lots of goals and goal keeper errors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spanish Richard O'Donnell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Got to press their keeper, stealing a living, bigger nosebleeds than Frankie

Bit harsh on Frankie that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Bit windy miller out there.

Ah Leeds. 

The other day I mentioned how Derby were the ultimate chokers. These guys are up there with them. The now infamous chant from opposition fans "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart" whenever Leeds concede or lose is becoming a staple.

Last season, they finished in 3rd. Losing to Derby in the play off semi, Villa took out Derby in the final. 

Then we come to He Who Shall Not Be Named. Bielsa likes to play Bamford up top all by himself, but they still needed a cover position so they gave Arsenal a call and the young lad was sent up the motorway. Not that they told Arsenal at the time but they'd just leave him to sit on his ass for the majority and it was one over little Bristol City... like a vaudeville actor, Bielsa might as well have twisted his whiskers with glee... we all know how that turned out.

 

And then last season, we had Leeds fans sitting in the home end at AG. I've got nothing against away fans in a home end as long as you keep your gob shut and your hands under your bum but if or when they are discovered and eventually get removed, they put a sob story on twitter and Andrea Radrizzani gets taken in like the mug he is and free tickets/shirts/kidneys are offered in a PR stunt. **** off. 

So if any City fans are in the home end today, just get yourself thrown out and then you can try and pepper SL and JL for free shit. Let's see how they would respond... 

 

Goalkeeper howler alert. Leeds shot stopper Kiko Casilla had an absolute stinker in their previous game, leading to rumours he would be dropped. Bielsa confirmed he would still play against us today. Not the best quality but here ya go...

And he played for Real Madrid reserves... 😳

 

On to today...

Other than their dodgy goalie and Bamford, city reject and piss artist Luke Ayling will most likely feature. Also watch out for Pablo Hernandez. He likes playing against us, scoring thrice and providing 4 assists in just 6 league games.

Expect an unchanged side. Nagy is now invisible and Kalas thinks he has a face for radio. 

Baker needs to get longer on the pitch today too so he can control Bamford.

Our away form is good. Leeds have had just one win in their last seven games and that was a scrappy 3-2 over Millwall. 2-1 City. Palmer and Patto scoring.

Should be entertaining!

COYRS!

You rang??

fa16445ee4ee86924d2e91be8e34080f.jpg

Edited by Robert the bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to call this one. Our away form and their choking tendencies give me hope; but then it is Leeds who seem to have had our number is recent years. 1 - 1.

Edited by SoliCyder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Spanish Richard O'Donnell.

Let’s hope he sees some fireworks from Wells and Fam then!!

8 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

VPN+Robins TV+£5 = Best stream available

And chrome for MacBook users.  Had a 100% watch last time out having stopped using ipad.  Weather a bit shit in Old Port, Montreal today.  But the maple syrup cookies are lush.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Let’s hope he sees some fireworks from Wells and Fam then!!

And chrome for MacBook users.  Had a 100% watch last time out having stopped using ipad.  Weather a bit shit in Old Port, Montreal today.  But the maple syrup cookies are lush.

Probably Bratwurst for me watching "Opera".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Livelounge app on firestick has Leeds United TV on it, assume this may show game? 

Go on YouTube and look for livelounge 

Leeds TV is in featured section 

Also works on android don't know about iPhones 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ll be watching this from my local sports bar here on the Costa Del Sol! COYR!

Watching in the sun!  What sort of supporter are you?  I’m at home, in Bristol, but I’m going outside to stand in the poring rain before the match to show support for the City fans who have traveled to Leeds 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Jermaine Beckford was on talkShite earlier, the piece was proceeded by some deluded Leeds fans saying how everyone hates them and loves them at the same time, how the PL would be better for them etc....blah blah blah.

Then JB hoped that City would choke in the atmosphere at Elland Rd, the noise, the big stadium.....:laugh:! Conveniently forgetting our recent form, 5 wins in 6....

Why would you be listening to a radio station that you brand as “talkshite”..?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

:chant6ez:

 

Fam on the bench, in his current form?! Hope LJ’s not trying to be too clever

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he's got it right. Surprised to see Fam on the bench. Very useful option though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Literally nobody could have guessed that team

Weimann right wing back or Kalas right back?

Very, very hard to read that team selection.  No Benkovic?  No Diedhiou?  Kalas at right back?  Really not sure what the plan is here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t understand for the life of me how Weimann gets in ahead of Fam.  It’s hard to fathom how we’re going to set up with that team....

Anyway, COYR

  • Hedgehog 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diedhiou to come on against a tiring defence, risky. Could work if we are level but without him I doubt we will be, hoping I’m very wrong.

Not sure Massengo will shine either, probably get kicked off the park. Again, I hope I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Fam on the bench, in his current form?! Hope LJ’s not trying to be too clever

Lee will want to see how Wells plays upfront alone I guess, and can we really play 2 up front away at Leeds? 

 

Seems like a sensible team, happy to see Massengo start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...