Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 33

3 minutes ago, South Bristol Red said:

Well it has been a while since we have been shafted by the ref.

Still level on points with 6th

Really? Come on? It could’ve easily been 3 or 4. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Wonder what LJ will have to say? 

Injuries & illness

The non penalty decision

We go again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Aubergine 1

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well, a game that realistically even the most optimistic of us were expecting to be a stretch too far. Looking at the other results we couldn’t have asked for much more in terms of damage limitation.

Inevitable meltdown incoming on here tonight but far, far more important will be our results against the likes of Cardiff, PNE and Forest. We all know we’re targeting 6th not 2nd and we’re as close as we were at kick off. 

Not the end of the world and most predicted a defeat but yet again we have failed to turn up there.

Disappointing after Wednesday. But probably expected. It was like an FA cup tie with us playing the part of the plucky underdogs.

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

We should have started with 3-5-2 and given ourselves a better chance. We just can't defend the flanks with a midfield 2. It's like Groundhog Day.

Just thinking that, perhaps 3 at the back might have helped congest the midfield a little. 

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not even I will have a melt down after this 

Let's be brutally honest....both teams at their best, and we are nowhere near on the same level as Leeds .

The fact we are so near to them is more to do with their cocks up, more so then our successes 

Yeah agreed. They are an exciting, cohesive side. That said, our team of internationals and highly paid players should never be THAT far behind them in terms of quality. It was like watching a League One side playing a Premier League team today, and that's really not good enough.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That was shockingly bad.

LJ got that horribly wrong there.

Imagine starting a centre back right back....because you don't trust your two right backs.

....then having your former right back you didn't seem good enough tear you a new asshole 

....only Bristol City 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Im not saying he did or didn’t get it wrong but out of interest, all the people moaning about the selection. Knowing that fam was ill and smith injured, what would you have played?

I’m not sure any selection under LJ would have got anything to be fair, Leeds are just much better. So maybe for once we agree. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah agreed. They are an exciting, cohesive side. That said, our team of internationals and highly paid players should never be THAT far behind them in terms of quality. It was like watching a League One side playing a Premier League team today, and that's really not good enough.

Agree. But we have a shit manager....so it's gonna happen unfortunately

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Imagine starting a centre back right back....because you don't trust your two right backs.

....then having your former right back you didn't seem good enough tear you a new asshole 

....only Bristol City 

Yet Kalas played RB in two promotion seasons for other clubs.

• Like 2

Leeds out of form with a dodgy goalkeeper. Of course they were gonna keep a clean sheet against us. So little going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Not the end of the world and most predicted a defeat but yet again we have failed to turn up there.

Spot on,let’s be honest we are a hard working side that give it their all but that’s about it,I swear a manager who played to their strengths rather than setting  up not to lose would get a whole lot more out of this group of players 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Not sure if I’ve missed something. How did the ref shaft us? 😆

The stone wall penalty maybe?

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Really? Come on? It could’ve easily been 3 or 4. 

I am not denying that Leeds should of been out of sight. But to miss a blatent handball in the area would of likely put us level

Let's be brutally honest....both teams at their best, and we are nowhere near on the same level as Leeds .

The fact we are so near to them is more to do with their cocks up, more so then our successes 

I knew errors were often due to a rush of blood somewhere but I thought it was usually people's heads?

• Haha 2

I think that’s entirely fair. 

5 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Im not saying he did or didn’t get it wrong but out of interest, all the people moaning about the selection. Knowing that fam was ill and smith injured, what would you have played?

Are you Lee Johnson's mum?

• Haha 1

If you are a Leeds fan you are going to be relieved, and wonder how you did not win by more.

We somehow kept it close enough that I am still a bit irked by the penalty call, and maybe with Well’s one chance who knows?

7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Afraid with only 2 in CM we were always going to get overrun by Leeds, poor tactical mistake by LJ. At least other results were kind to us.

Very poor - anyone could've seen that wasn't going to work. Bizarre oversight

3 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

Massengo is currently no better than Liam Walsh. Far to weak at the moment. Also Eliasson has gone missing the past few weeks 

I think more the problem is he's so indecisive with and without the ball. Really slow to release it and quite often reacts too late to get in on 50/50 balls.

1 minute ago, scrumpy88 said:

Massengo is currently no better than Liam Walsh. Far to weak at the moment. Also Eliasson has gone missing the past few weeks 

I’ve thought that, would it be too cynical to think that  this coincides with the reported news that he’s not signing a new contract? Just not looked at the races, or teams have worked out how to play him. He’s definitely got Jamie Patterson’s talking ability. Can’t have 2 players on the pitch who can’t tackle against leeds

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

He’s not though is he...

Do you think that this squad of players are playing to their full potential? 

Simple question; yes, or no?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

OK.

Leeds should have battered us but thanks to wayward finishing and the wonderful Dan Bentley we didn’t.

We moved the ball about slower than them and that is where having a regular team and formation wins over fancy set ups  and clever team changes .

We haven’t lost any ground over the top six, merely showing that we aren’t quite up to automatic promotion, yet.

A disappointing day but overall, another game down and still in the hunt for a top six finish .

COYR 

6 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

Massengo looking like a massive waste of money 

• Rovers 4

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you think that this squad of players are playing to their full potential? 

Simple question; yes, or no?

Compared to the others above us except for Preston. Yes. 

but at the end of the day still a lot of football to be played. Certainly not going to throw my toys out the pram because we lost 1-0 at Leeds. 

5 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Yet Kalas played RB in two promotion seasons for other clubs.

Clearly not his strongest position. Has only ever player there when he had to 

Compared to the others above us except for Preston. Yes. 

but at the end of the day still a lot of football to be played. Certainly not going to throw my toys out the pram because we lost 1-0 at Leeds. 

The league position has no bearing on if they are playing to their full potential. You've not answered the question.......

• Flames 1

I can handle most things, and I understand it was difficult conditions, but to not even look interested, especially giving our league position has angered me. Luckily teams around us had a mare, so it's not affected us that much, but the players have to take some responsibility for today. 

That was outrageous. 

• Like 1

Im not saying he did or didn’t but out of interest, all the people moaning about the selection. Knowing that fam was ill and smith injured, what would you have played?

Play an ill Fam maybe! 🤣

Not sure but 442 away at Leeds with those players in that 442 seemed a bit too open to me.

There's numerous other things LJ could have gone with other than 442.

Thought there were moments in the game where we started to play quite well but just lacked a final ball.

When palmer came on we seemed to get back to how bad we were at the start of the game and that lasted up to 94th minute.

Very poor.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Massengo looking like a massive waste of money 

Can’t do much when you are being constantly overrun, my thought is that he’s sometime guilty of holding onto the ball too long, but at least he looks to pass it rather than aimlessly pump it upfield 

• Like 1