Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day 33

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Fam on the bench, in his current form?! Hope LJ’s not trying to be too clever

Well , come five o’clock he’ll be hero or zero .

He is the anti-Bielsa . 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Very, very hard to read that team selection.  No Benkovic?  No Diedhiou?  Kalas at right back?  Really not sure what the plan is here...

Gonna guess 

                      Bentley

Kalas.  Williams. Baker. Dasilva

     Paterson.  Henriksen. Massengo

   Weimann.  Wells.   Elliason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Watching in the sun!  What sort of supporter are you?  I’m at home, in Bristol, but I’m going outside to stand in the poring rain before the match to show support for the City fans who have traveled to Leeds 

Ok how about I pour a bottle of water over myself at half time and offer to pay double for my beer, to emulate being at home - would that be more patriotic??!!!!!!!! :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not get the knives out just yet eh, a ball hasn't even been kicked. 

This could be a master stroke.  Let's just wait and see. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                               Bentley

                   Williams   Kalas    Baker

Weimann    Henrikson     Massengo     Dasilva

                        Eliasson     Pato     

                                  Wells 

or

 

Kalas   Williams    Baker    Dasilva

Eliasson    Henrikson   Massengo    Pato

   Weimann   Wells

 

?

                

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Ok how about I pour a bottle of water over myself at half time and offer to pay double for my beer, to emulate being at home - would that be more patriotic??!!!!!!!! :)

Well, it would give you that ‘authentic matchday experience’ bcfcredandwhite

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

Let's not get the knives out just yet eh, a ball hasn't even been kicked. 

This could be a master stroke.  Let's just wait and see. 

I'm trying not to be too negative as your are completely right and these odd selections have worked in the past.

But it just looks so lightweight. Really worried we are gonna get bullied all over the pitch. Don't think this is a game for Massengo, but then again I'm not sure what the alternative would be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.

If LJ gets 3pts from that selection he a genius.

Just saw Massengo and without looking at the rest,  thought what the ****

He may be a star for the future but would you really want him behind you in a blood and thunder fight, blowing a hoolie, cold and sheeting down with rain. 

Then I saw Wiemann and no Fammy. 

 

Lets hope LJ gets this one right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Lee will want to see how Wells plays upfront alone I guess, and can we really play 2 up front away at Leeds? 

 

Seems like a sensible team, happy to see Massengo start.

Pass the crack pipe

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

                               Bentley

                   Williams   Kalas    Baker

Weimann    Henrikson     Massengo     Dasilva

                        Eliasson     Pato     

                                  Wells 

 

?

                

Aha, the old "spinning top" formation.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Short recovery time from Wednesday. Maybe Fam hasn’t fully recovered 

It’s a squad game but it seems like we change formation every match ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

It can't be a 3-5-2, because Eliasson isn't a wing back. Is it 4-2-3-1, with Baker or Kalas at right back? Anyone?

If Baker is at Right back then that's the single most mental selection by LJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

                               Bentley

                   Williams   Kalas    Baker

Weimann    Henrikson     Massengo     Dasilva

                        Eliasson     Pato     

                                  Wells 

 

?

                

They will be targeting our right flank, out of possession can't say Weimann at RWB fills me with confidence, hopefully its Kalas in a 4411.

Edited by CiderHider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Gonna guess 

                      Bentley

Kalas.  Williams. Baker. Dasilva

     Paterson.  Henriksen. Massengo

   Weimann.  Wells.   Elliason 

Agreed, I can't see Elliason playing wingback or Weimann being preffered to Fammy in a front two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be a 4-1-4-1 with Kalas RB, Henriksen holding and Wells up front on his own .

                           Bentley

Kalas     Williams       Baker     Dasilva     

                         Henriksen

Weimann  Paterson   Massengo  Eliasson

                             Wells

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From that selection i see

                              Bentley

                   Williams   Kalas    Baker

Eliasson    Henrikson     Massengo     Dasilva

                                  Pato     

                  Weimann         Wells 

 

I could def be wrong though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Bard said:

If Baker is at Right back then that's the single most mental selection by LJ

Perhaps a 3-4-3 then, with Dasilva left of the 4 and Eliasson right. Pato behind Wells and Weimann?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wells' movement preferred to Fam's hold up play? Tough choice between the two as lone strikers but I'm guessing Johnson doesn't rate the mobility of Leeds' CBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the tombola has clearly spun too many times this week.. What a dreadful team selection against a dirty physical Leeds side. What a joke LJ is!! But time will tell. COYR

  • Confused 1
  • Aubergine 2
  • Rovers 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Will be a 4-1-4-1 with Kalas RB, Henriksen holding and Wells up front on his own .

                           Bentley

Kalas     Williams       Baker     Dasilva     

                         Henriksen

Weimann  Paterson   Massengo  Eliasson

                             Wells

I agree with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s a squad game but it seems like we change formation every match ? 

Can’t argue with that . Strange line up but I will wait to see how it turns out . No point in melting down before we’ve even kicked a ball . COYR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well.

If LJ gets 3pts from that selection he a genius.

Just saw Massengo and without looking at the rest,  thought what the ****

He may be a star for the future but would you really want him behind you in a blood and thunder fight, blowing a hoolie, cold and sheeting down with rain. 

Then I saw Wiemann and no Fammy. 

 

Lets hope LJ gets this one right. 

Wednesday's win demonstrated just what a force we are from corners with Benkovic and Fam. On paper our best chance to score against Leeds. Shame neither are starting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

I'm trying not to be too negative as your are completely right and these odd selections have worked in the past.

But it just looks so lightweight. Really worried we are gonna get bullied all over the pitch. Don't think this is a game for Massengo, but then again I'm not sure what the alternative would be.

Do you know what, I agree with you. I'm not a fan of that team today, but you never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Will be a 4-1-4-1 with Kalas RB, Henriksen holding and Wells up front on his own .

                           Bentley

Kalas     Williams       Baker     Dasilva     

                         Henriksen

Weimann  Paterson   Massengo  Eliasson

                             Wells

That midfield looks a bit lightweight to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

From that selection i see

                              Bentley

                   Williams   Kalas    Baker

Eliasson    Henrikson     Massengo     Dasilva

                                  Pato     

                  Weimann         Wells 

 

I could def be wrong though. 

Bet it's this.  

4 3 3 

                 Bentley

Kalas Williams Baker Dasilva

                    Henriksen

             Massengo  Paterson

Eliasson     Wells     Weimann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One to wait for the head-coach pre-match selection interview.

I’m with @RedEyez on this one, but could be a variant as 4411 (Pato as 1), or a straight 451.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon all, hope you are not getting blown away and soaked, we have wind and sleet atm and will be expecting your weather within the next few days, hope it changes course.  Not very happy with that team selection, I think it is much too lightweight and worried that Leeds will bully us, why Fammy is on the bench is only possibly because he ran himself into the ground on Wednesday night. I don't think it's a knock, or why would he be on the bench. I see him coming on in the second half if we have to chase the game.  So Come On You Reds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

That midfield looks a bit lightweight to me.

My opinion is, out this isn't the game to start massengo. And this isn't the game to drop Benkovic. Maybe the thinking is that the game will be played more on the deck due to the wind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

COYR

Time for a Gillies moment

Always scored in the big games. Eh, Bob. Leeds, February '74. Man United February '75, Coventry, May '77. I once asked Donnie what it was like scoring in front of the Stretford End. "I was shitting myself," he replied.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Wednesday's win demonstrated just what a force we are from corners with Benkovic and Fam. On paper our best chance to score against Leeds. Shame neither are starting.

Great post. I've got a horrible feeling we'll be 2 down early on. And changes will have to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Lets see the team first, hope for 2 up front and take it to them, we will be a threat from corners but to do that we have to press, not try and hold. Leeds will be up for this and will want to make amends for recent results, if we take it to them we can take it by the odd goal 1-2 :pray:

So we try and hold them = we lose or bring Fam on for last 10mins= we lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

From that selection i see

                              Bentley

                   Williams   Kalas    Baker

Eliasson    Henrikson     Massengo     Dasilva

                                  Pato     

                  Weimann         Wells 

 

I could def be wrong though. 

This was my first thought but Kalas RB seems a safer option. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...