IGNORED

Let's be honest - as disasters go, that could have been a lot worse...

LondonBristolian

Sounds like we weren't at the races today but...

1. Given we had two key players injured and one key player ill, and it sounds like we were thoroughly outclassed, a 1-0 defeat to the team in second is not an appalling result.

2. Everyone else around us failed to capitalise. Today makes automatic promotion less likely, although I never really expected that, but our play-off chances have not been too badly hit.

3. I'd rather be LJ picking the team up from a 1-0 defeat than Scott Parker picking the team up after a 3-0 at home to Barnsley

We've got four crucial games coming up and hopefully we'll have some more players back by next Saturday. Onwards and upwards. COYR!

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

1. *** Given we had two key players injured and one key player ill, and it sounds like we were thoroughly outclassed, a 1-0 defeat to the team in second is not an appalling result.

2. Everyone else around us failed to capitalise. Today makes automatic promotion less likely, although I never really expected that, but our play-off chances have not been too badly hit.

3. I'd rather be LJ picking the team up from a 1-0 defeat than Scott Parker picking the team up after a 3-0 at home to Barnsley

We've got four crucial games coming up and hopefully we'll have some more players back by next Saturday. Onwards and upwards. COYR!

*** no wonder we couldn't unlock their defence then. 

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

1. Given we had two key players injured and one key player ill, and it sounds like we were thoroughly outclassed, a 1-0 defeat to the team in second is not an appalling result.

Cheers Lee for posting on here 

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You didn't say "we go again"?

No team will win every single game of the season.

Therefor you have to look at the fixture list and make realistic assumptions as to where your points will come from.

It won’t pan out exactly as you would like, but some will.

For me this was always an away loss. Anything more is a bonus. 

Id be worried if we needed/budgeted for points at Elland Road

Yeah, we were appalling today. If Leeds had a top striker and if Bentley wasn't in good form could easily have been 4-0. We just didn't threaten them at all and appeared to run out of ideas very quickly. 

Leeds are clearly better than their recent form suggests. Bad performance today but on the plus side at least we didn't fall apart.

It's vital we get at least a point from WBA now, tall order but we're capable of it. 

Papering over the cracks - we have the best squad we have had in a long time but cannot compete.

I have not joined in any of the LJ out stuff and certainly not the midget crap but we will not be able to match these teams whilst he, McAllister and Holden are here.

I think we will finish 7th or 8th by a point or three and that is about right with the current limitations of the coaching team.

Fact; Didnt get away with Jack sh1te we lost and as other teams below us won, we have lost ground to them.

There are other teams closing in Cardiff/Blackburn 3pts behind and Millwall 4pts etc who will pass us by if we put in many more performances like today.

So no we didnt get away with it at all really watch out there behind us...for now....who are we playing next week again?

13 hours ago, Meh said:

Papering over the cracks - we have the best squad we have had in a long time but cannot compete.

I have not joined in any of the LJ out stuff and certainly not the midget crap but we will not be able to match these teams whilst he, McAllister and Holden are here.

I think we will finish 7th or 8th by a point or three and that is about right with the current limitations of the coaching team.

Best squad in ages? Really? With such a weak midfield?

5 hours ago, Chappers said:

Best squad in ages? Really? With such a weak midfield?

Oh I see what you have done here - because I said about us starting with such a weak midfield on another thread - very clever - not considering injuries or anything - very convenient for your well made point.

So yes - a fit Korey, Fammy and better health Wiemann along with Watkins etc does in my opinion give us the best squad we have had in ages.

As for the weak midfield comment - yes we started with a weak midfield for the Leeds game specifically which was what the other post was about but don’t let that interfere.

So just to answer :-

Rowe for Massengo

O Dowda for Eliasson 

Palmer for Paterson 

5 at the back with Hunt at right wing back would have given us a less weak midfield and made us more difficult to play through.

OK now - the two separate posts inconveniently make sense?

1 minute ago, Meh said:

Oh I see what you have done here - because I said about us starting with such a weak midfield on another thread - very clever - not considering injuries or anything - very convenient for your well made point.

So yes - a fit Korey, Fammy and better health Wiemann along with Watkins etc does in my opinion give us the best squad we have had in ages.

As for the weak midfield comment - yes we started with a weak midfield for the Leeds game specifically which was what the other post was about but don’t let that interfere.

So just to answer :-

Rowe for Massengo

O Dowda for Eliasson 

Palmer for Paterson 

5 at the back with Hunt at right wing back would have given us a less weak midfield and made us more difficult to play through.

OK now - the two separate posts inconveniently make sense?

Glad I was being clever, news to me. Was as simple as people keep posting “Best squad ever”, when the evidence is clear that it isn’t. Simple as that

20 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Glad I was being clever, news to me. Was as simple as people keep posting “Best squad ever”, when the evidence is clear that it isn’t. Simple as that

I’ve been following 50 years

When have we had a stronger or certainly deeper squad ? 

And certainly at this level ?

21 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Best squad we have had in a long time was my exact words. You need to try reading instead of translating!!

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve been following 50 years

When have we had a stronger or certainly deeper squad ? 

And certainly at this level ?

42 years, full backs not great, no strength in midfield.

3 minutes ago, Meh said:

Best squad we have had in a long time was my exact words. You need to try reading instead of translating!!

Pedantic ?

Archived