IGNORED

League position

ORANGE500

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Have you ever got anything positive to say?

Yes

Would love to experience more to be positive about!

the experiment with LJ continues, I would love to see it succeed, but after 6 decades following city, seeing more investment than ever before, I really don’t think I will see that success in my lifetime

4 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Yes

Would love to experience more to be positive about!

the experiment with LJ continues, I would love to see it succeed, but after 6 decades following city, seeing more investment than ever before, I really don’t think I will see that success in my lifetime

So only when we reach the Premier League will you admit to LJ doing a good job?

Why not give the guy your support along the way?

40 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

It's a strange one, actually baffling, that we attract so much negativity. I realize that as football fans we tend to look at the glass as being half empty, but this season has taken fan (over)reaction to new heights (or depths, whichever you prefer). Mid-Feb, six points off second - we are there not because there's been some awful mistake in the calculations, we are there on merit. Whether or not we stay there will likewise be decided on merit. 

Even by this league's own bizarre standards, it's been absolutely bonkers when it comes to teams finding consistency - this is not a problem exclusive to us, and it's stupefying that so many people haven't noticed this. The fact is, there aren't many teams that are all that much better than us (though we did run into one on the weekend, and face another one in a few days) but there are many teams on a pretty even keel which makes for some remarkable results. There will be further dips, much like there will be further highs. Given the players we've sold over the years, given the size and history of some of the clubs we are facing, given their resources, we're doing bloody well to even be having this chat. 

It feels like I've seen it all though now: people moaning that we're higher in the table than we should be just about takes the biscuit. 

I hope you trust me when I say this, but I have been the archetypal happy clapper around our club since LJ was at the helm. Only the 5-0 at Preston during ‘that’ run came close to me thinking his time may be cut short by powers beyond me. I actually revel in the fact that we are a solid run club who gives managers chances. If nothing else, this alone will stand us in fertile ground when we need a new manager. I started following City when we had Benny there, and I can only stand and appreciate just how good we have become since. Right now though I just can’t get my head around how bad a footballing side we have become. We are dire right now, and have been most of the season. Remember the silk that beat United, the away performance at City, the pundits giving it, ‘Little Bristol, great brand of footy though’... where’s it gone this season? My Leeds fans at the match yesterday - “City were dead as dogs”, “worst opposition we’ve had up here all season” “ you set up to play in our hands”... Remember Wigan home this season, THE worst City performance I have probably ever seen down the Gate. I’ll support us always, never boo, never leave early but shishting hell are we a non event right now. Part of the reason the mainstream media have zero to say about us across the board. Would actually respect one of the pundits if they came out and said we were awful. Which we have been for so long. I dream that this is a LJ masterplan,  subtext building and conserving our efforts to peak at the right time (no doubt a dream influenced by the fact we only ever seem to play for 45 min a game, ((zero at Leeds)). Without a doubt the first time in 4 years I have actually doubted the man, and starting to doubt big. Never thought I would say that in the position we are in. Someone tell me I’m mid-life crisis-ing...

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We are all human and most of us learn from our mistakes.

When LJ looks like he is learning and changing I will support him!

he has got rid of the experienced staff and surrounded himself with yes men without the expertise or experience to challenge his decisions, change that and we will see improvement 

I honestly don’t know why some people continue to waste their energy worrying about our manager.

In the run up to Jan, we were looking shaky, but he steadied the ship and was backed in the window.

As soon as Jan 31st past, you just had to accept that LJ is here until the summer. End of.

In the summer, either he won’t have achieved the top 6 and fine, he may well be gone and you can argue you are vindicated or he will have and he will deserve the job going forwards.

All this chat about his position is just wasted energy that could be put into supporting the team. 

A team that, by the way, is sat 7th, with a chance of finishing in the top 6.

41 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

LJ only has to worry about the support of one person. All the rest is white noise. 

The only support SL worries about regarding anyone on here is how much wedge they spend. Problem is if you have spent the money you are more likely to express an opinion and that is ok. 

We continue to get big crowds and followings! In general The club gets excellent support when it matters as does the manager that rarely shows any other descent than leaving early. 

Archived