IGNORED

Player Ratings - Leeds 0-1 (a)

Davefevs

This might not be pretty reading!! 6/10 is someone justifying his wage!!!  No half marks.

Bentley - 8 - a couple of amazing saves, kept it from being a rout.  Safe handling and did come and take and punch balls. City MOTM 

Kalas - 5 - rusty, but got into some good positions to defend crosses.

Dasilva - 6 - had me tearing my hair out first half, but redeemed himself second half with some driving runs forward.  Let Ayling and Costa run off him far too easily in the first 45.

Williams - 6 - defended for his life, but dragged around by Bamford

Baker - 5 - defended crosses ok, but his distribution awful, especially 3 or 4 passes to Dasilva.  Think Benkovic will be in for home games at least.

Eliasson - 5 - fairly anonymous and wasted the good crossing positions he did get.

Henriksen - 5 - never got a foothold in midfield, we needed one more in there today (see below)

Massengo - 6 - worked his nuts off today, and had to do so much covering of our poor left side (Baker, Dasilva and Pato) in opening half hour it meant he couldn’t help Henriksen.

Paterson - 4 - barely contributed, allowed Costa and Ayling to expose our left side, and then did little else when moved central.

Weimann - 4 - poor too pre-injury.  Couple of interchanges with Wells, but that’s me looking hard for stuff.

Wells - 6 - tried hard up front but often on his own.  Looked our only chance of a goal, almost got it.

Subs:

O’Dowda - 5 - started really promisingly, and I thought “here we go”.  Ultimately petered out.

Diedhiou - 5 - not giving much service

Palmer - not on long enough to rate.

[watched on a perfect Robinstv stream]

Feel free to agree, disagree, swear, etc.

just heard LJ on BBCRB -

Weimann puking last night and straight off to dressing room to puke

Benkovic left calf niggle

We offered nothing moving forward. In fact did we ever actually get out of our half for the first 45. How the ball kept coming in and we didn't clear it for the goal when we have three very experienced players in the centre who knows.

Nevertheless it was excellent backs to the wall defending. Bentley saved us time after time so not sure about 8...

All that said it looked like a nailed on penalty against Ayling and Wells could have done a whole lot better with our ONE chance.

Hopefully everyone will be over the illness by next weekend that clearly contributed to the performance!

11 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I'd go with that except for dasilva who I felt deserved better than a 6. Go one higher. 

Henriksen very poor. Take one off for him, possibly two. Granted he's not played for ages and he's been thrown into our side but I'd expect better than that. 

Funny how differently we see it; I was about to post that I thought a 6 was generous! Granted, better second half, and better going forward, but defensively (and he’s a LB) I thought he was awful. Most of their attacks came down their right and he constantly misjudged the ball, gave them too much space, mistimed tackles, passed it straight back into trouble. Otherwise I’d agree with those scores 

20 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Bentley - 7

Dasilva- 5

Williams- 5

Baker - 4

Kalas - 5

Elliason - 4

Massengo - 4

Henriken - 4

Weimann - 3

Wells - 4

One thing I want to make clear is, I dont think we necessarily played badly, but Leeds made us look bad.

Massively missed Diedhou, thought O Dowda did ok when he came on.

You must have been really impressed with  Pato.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Weimann - 4 - poor too pre-injury.  Couple of interchanges with Wells, but that’s me looking hard for stuff.

If that's supposed to read "-4" spot on. Flappy absolutely deserves a minus score.

If City have it on camera watch the warm up. Everybody out on the pitch working, not Flappy. Emerges 3 minutes before they go back in and joins the shooting party who until his arrival were doing ok. First inept shot hits Wollacott - Flappy sulks. Joins the back of the queue.  Next ball up he mis-controls such Paterson ends up hitting it. Flappy's 2nd effort endangers the corner flag. Head drops. He proceeds to do what he's best at in moving to space for no apparent purpose. Stands alone. First to amble to corner flag awaiting colleagues for the short sprint to the tunnel to do anything other than play football. First back in the warmth of the dressing room. Started with an obvious attitude problem, did now't and went off for one of those 'mysterious challenges' where he clearly was looking to come off before he hit the deck but didn't remotely appear injured. Better than Rob Edwards at his finest and he suffered many a 'tickly throat', snagged fingernail and 'think I'm going down with something, boss' ..

Flappy costs us...

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

If that's supposed to read "-4" spot on. Flappy absolutely deserves a minus score.

If City have it on camera watch the warm up. Everybody out on the pitch working, not Flappy. Emerges 3 minutes before they go back in and joins the shooting party who until his arrival were doing ok. First inept shot hits Wollacott - Flappy sulks. Joins the back of the queue.  Next ball up he mis-controls such Paterson ends up hitting it. Flappy's 2nd effort endangers the corner flag. Head drops. He proceeds to do what he's best at in moving to space for no apparent purpose. Stands alone. First to amble to corner flag awaiting colleagues for the short sprint to the tunnel to do anything other than play football. First back in the warmth of the dressing room. Started with an obvious attitude problem, did now't and went off for one of those 'mysterious challenges' where he clearly was looking to come off before he hit the deck but didn't remotely appear injured. Better than Rob Edwards at his finest and he suffered many a 'tickly throat', snagged fingernail and 'think I'm going down with something, boss' ..

Flappy costs us...

Dear oh dear.......

10 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Flappy costs us...

Puking last night, before game and straight off down the tunnel to puke again.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You know he was actually ill and shouldn’t really have played?

If Flappy was Ill he shouldn't have started as he was nothing other than an liability. If true our management should explain and apologise their failing. TBFK was supposed to be sub par but he put in the 30 minute shift they thought him able to deliver.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

If you are going to play a game whilst affected by injury and illness and the rest playing below par, I guess Leeds away isn't one you'd pick, it could have been a lot worse. 

A professional football club with the number of players we have sitting on their arse on a Saturday should be able to get people up the motorway on a Saturday morning and send the ill players home. Unless these illnesses all appeared at mid-day.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Are you suggesting he'd spent a night on the tiles? If due to a bug it's irresponsible of him to have remained in contention.

He would have been asked to play.....in the same way Dave was. If you don’t rate the guy that’s one thing but to criticise him for giving it a go when asked is bizarre.

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He would have been asked to play.....in the same way Dave was. If you don’t rate the guy that’s one thing but to criticise him for giving it a go when asked is bizarre.

No, it's irresponsible from both whoever asked him to play and also for him not self-declaring he was unable to do so. We had subs who could have started who might have contributed. As was he was somebody we had to carry and caused others to have to cover his mistakes. It's worse than playing with 10 men as the player appears that be responsible for doing a job and then doesn't.

And no, I don't rate him despite Premier level pointing and flappy handed, lateral runs.

Your description for Dasilva first 45 is why he deserves a higher score. Was constantly 2v1 and did as well as you could expect. Thought he was close to MOM. Not sure he got beat 1v1 all game from what I remember. Rarely wasted possession. We could have used him in midfield tbh. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Your description for Dasilva first 45 is why he deserves a higher score. Was constantly 2v1 and did as well as you could expect. Thought he was close to MOM. Not sure he got beat 1v1 all game from what I remember. Rarely wasted possession. We could have used him in midfield tbh. 

That’s fine Joe...all about opinions.  I think he has to take responsibility too if others are exposing him.  He was close to MOTM....only Bents scored higher in my ratings!!! ?

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

No, it's irresponsible from both whoever asked him to play and also for him not self-declaring he was unable to do so. We had subs who could have started who might have contributed. As was he was somebody we had to carry and caused others to have to cover his mistakes. It's worse than playing with 10 men as the player appears that be responsible for doing a job and then doesn't.

And no, I don't rate him despite Premier level pointing and flappy handed, lateral runs.

You might be right.  We probably needed a fully fit 11 out there.  Perhaps he caught it from Fam....might be the best they’ve linked up all-season ???

Fam has been puking since after the game Wednesday.

Agree in the main, thought Pato was worth a 6 though. Showed good work rate which has been noticeably improved since his return.

Small shout out to Massengo who was chasing shadows 1st half, put in a much better performance 2nd half. Not amazing but thought he showed s lot of guts to have a go. Forget the lad is only 18 sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fam has been puking since after the game Wednesday

I knew he was benched because he wasn't 100% but strangely thought it might have had something to do with his lower back, which he kept clutching when he came on. I also wondered what the ref was saying to him? It seemed to be along the lines :" are you ok?"

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

I knew he was benched because he wasn't 100% but strangely thought it might have had something to do with his lower back, which he kept clutching when he came on. I also wondered what the ref was saying to him? It seemed to be along the lines :" are you ok?"

Bad back from bending over the big white telephone all week.

Could quite easily been other players under the weather too, but perhaps not being sick.  Not the game to not be 100%.

6 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Agree in the main, thought Pato was worth a 6 though. Showed good work rate which has been noticeably improved since his return.

Small shout out to Massengo who was chasing shadows 1st half, put in a much better performance 2nd half. Not amazing but thought he showed s lot of guts to have a go. Forget the lad is only 18 sometimes.

Me too and think it was about the time he came off when Leeds starting dominating play again. 

Archived