IGNORED

We wouldn't have "deserved" it, but that's a penalty Mr. Ayling.

AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Was really impressed with him today, particularly first half seemed to be involved in everything they did.

And yes, a penalty. Not deliberate but certainly ball to hand and from far enough away he had time to move some distance.

He leaned into it. Now way accidental. Was trying to stop the cross by leaning, and stopped it with his arm. Penalty.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

He leaned into it. Now way accidental. Was trying to stop the cross by leaning, and stopped it with his arm. Penalty.

Accidental in the way 99% of handballs are accidental. I don’t think he deliberately played it with his arm.

He did however misjudge it, and given how far he has moved to the ball I think it’s a penalty. His arm is not out from his body and that may have helped him, but think he was very very lucky there.

I've seen it twice and it looks like a pen to me.  Will run a few replays later to clear it up in my mind.

TBH though, we were second best all over the pitch. Lumping the ball to nobody when Leeds were passing to their own players.  Second to the ball everywhere and looked half asleep by comparison.  A lot of standing still and ball watching going on.

When we do get the ball, we break out so slowly and when did you last see a throw-in go to one of our own players.

Not looking forward to the WBA game on Saturday after that.  We surely need to be more positive when we go one nil down.

Archived