IGNORED

Woeful record

Robin Wood

3 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Since 2010 against Leeds won 1 drew 2 lost 13 we really do not turn up against them 

It's purely phycological, there have been times when we have been going well and Leeds struggling yet still we seem to lose against them, it's almost like we have lost before we have even kicked a ball has to be in the players heads. 

Elland Road is just one of those grounds where we lose, since we started playing them regularly again since 2010.  The only time we looked like we might win was 2 years ago in the game on Sky, where we were winning 2-0 early on (2 goals following long throws from Maggers IIRC) yet we still only drew 2-2, nearly lost it at the end!.  We also did not beat Forest hoe or away between 1974 and 2011, despite playing them a lot, once we beat them the hoodoo was over.  

The other major bad away record was Bramall Lane, where we had not beaten Sheff Utd since around 1958.  We won 2-1 in the first game of Cotts promotion season, and I am sure we won the 2 games we played up there since!

36 minutes ago, pillred said:

It's purely phycological, there have been times when we have been going well and Leeds struggling yet still we seem to lose against them, it's almost like we have lost before we have even kicked a ball has to be in the players heads. 

Yep,

Similar scenario with bloody Wolves !

47 minutes ago, pillred said:

It can’t be though. How many of today’s team played last there last season? It was 4 of today’s starting eleven. If it’s psychological then it’s on LJ

1 hour ago, Robin Wood said:

Since 2010 against Leeds won 1 drew 2 lost 13 we really do not turn up against them 

Like Lee said players hid...... WHY are we hiding???? FFS chuck um under bus again.... there your players playing for top 6 and every time there's an opportunity and we get done there's an excuse..... put your hands up and say we got done by a better team and learn from it.....

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Like Lee said players hid...... WHY are we hiding???? FFS chuck um under bus again.... there your players playing for top 6 and every time there's an opportunity and we get done there's an excuse..... put your hands up and say we got done by a better team and learn from it.....

Isn’t that exactly what he said?

”I wanted to win the football match. I haven’t got any excuses, I thought they were the better side.”

2 hours ago, pillred said:

You could add a few more clubs, Birmingham City for example.

2 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Elland Road is just one of those grounds where we lose, since we started playing them regularly again since 2010.  The only time we looked like we might win was 2 years ago in the game on Sky, where we were winning 2-0 early on (2 goals following long throws from Maggers IIRC) yet we still only drew 2-2, nearly lost it at the end!.  We also did not beat Forest hoe or away between 1974 and 2011, despite playing them a lot, once we beat them the hoodoo was over.  

The other major bad away record was Bramall Lane, where we had not beaten Sheff Utd since around 1958.  We won 2-1 in the first game of Cotts promotion season, and I am sure we won the 2 games we played up there since!

Add Wolves to the list.

Last away win centenary in 2031. And we haven't had many at home either.

Yes, forgot about our terrible record at Molineux.  As at Elland Road, even when we had a lead in a recent game, also 2017/18 Wolves nicked an equaliser at the death.  I remember we always seemed to do OK against them in the 70s, when they were one of the top 2 or 3 teams  in the country.  Just took a look at our head to heads in the 70s and was astonished to see that we played them 10 times (including THAT FA Cup tie) and only lost once, winning 3 times at Elland Road (see below).  On the flip side of this we have won our last 5 at Fulham, if you include the Carabou Cup tie.  It really is a weird one to explain when you consider the change in personnel of the team over a 2 or 3 year period, let alone nearly a century of going to Molineux!

16 Feb 1974 Bristol City v Leeds United D 1-1 FA Cup
19 Feb 1974 Leeds United v Bristol City W 0-1 FA Cup
30 Apr 1977 Leeds United v Bristol City L 2-0 League Division One
10 May 1977 Bristol City v Leeds United W 1-0 League Division One
08 Oct 1977 Bristol City v Leeds United W 3-2 League Division One
04 Mar 1978 Leeds United v Bristol City W 0-2 League Division One
09 Dec 1978 Leeds United v Bristol City D 1-1 League Division One
28 Apr 1979 Bristol City v Leeds United D 0-0 League Division One
18 Aug 1979 Bristol City v Leeds United D 2-2 League Division One
03 Nov 1979 Leeds United v Bristol City W 1-3 League Division One

4 hours ago, David Brent said:

It can’t be though. How many of today’s team played last there last season? It was 4 of today’s starting eleven. If it’s psychological then it’s on LJ

It's bizarre I grant you, can't think of any other reason why we so consistently seem to lose against them, doesn't seem to matter what kind of form they have been on invariably they beat us, personally I never ever feel confident when we play them and as you say it's usually a completely different city team, very strange. 

Archived