IGNORED

Woeful record

Robin Wood

9 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Just don’t turn up against them unfortunately. For some reason we get to Elland road and just melt. We are too easily intimidated at Leeds. 

At least we didn't melt us much as we did when they turned up at the Gate. That was truly horrible.

On 15/02/2020 at 20:57, allyolly said:

Isn’t that exactly what he said?

”I wanted to win the football match. I haven’t got any excuses, I thought they were the better side.”

Bottom line is we didn't compete again and he keeps saying players are hiding. You have to ask at this stage of the season why are players hiding / not performing?? All a bit repetitive season after season with new players so something isn't right... Leeds we're far better than us and all to prove against WBA.

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Bottom line is we didn't compete again and he keeps saying players are hiding. You have to ask at this stage of the season why are players hiding / not performing?? All a bit repetitive season after season with new players so something isn't right... Leeds we're far better than us and all to prove against WBA.

I agree Leeds were far better than us, particularly in the first half. And it seems from the post match interviews so did LJ and there were no excuses made.  But I also think LJ was correct to say our flair players didn’t contribute enough which is why were completely on the back foot and hardly able to get the ball out of our half for the first 30mins.

Something clearly wasn’t right yesterday at Elland Rd. For me not having Fam available from the beginning due to illness and then losing Weimann early who would have harried and pressed didn’t help what was always going to be a difficult match. In the end it was a frustrating and disappointing afternoon, not made any easier by the £40 ticket price. 

But overall over the last 3 seasons I am happy to accept that more things are right than wrong even if we are not getting there as quickly or consistently as we would like. 

Archived