IGNORED

Us vs Preston then

Unan

I got a friend who is a Preston fan, when the fixtures were released back in June I said they will either beat us for the last playoff place or meet us in the playoffs and beat us then. ?

I really hope it is all sorted one way or the other before the last day, I'd rather miss out by a couple of points than just one

A lot of games left between now and the end of the season and none of the contenders for the play offs are consistent with form. It seems I change my mind on a weekly basis if we'll make it or not, and I dare say that will continue over the following weeks. 

If we can get and keep our players fit and get the new players to gel in quickly then I do believe we will be in the top 6 at the end of the season. 

I have to agree with the general consensus that IF we were to reach the play-offs I wouldn’t hold out much hope.. i think losing this time around in them will be much more difficult to swallow for the board and the whole club than the 2008 final loss to Hull was.

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I can't see us catching anyone other than Preston, in my opinion it's a battle between the 2 of us for 6th. Lets just hope it doesn't come down to the last day.

image.thumb.png.518172316c1c6f4d6dce89515c2cf54f.png

They have a midfield we don't so don't disappoint yourself... you don't win fack all if you don't win the battle.... 

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Plenty of twists and turns yet....even as soon as Friday and Saturday.

BE7206E5-CFEC-4BF6-8B66-6F5EA4FEC891.jpeg

Always amazes me how quickly people make statements despite seeing week in week out how unpredictable the championship is across the board. Only a few weeks ago Leeds had a seemingly insurmountable gap and had promotion all but wrapped up. 

Awful lot of football to be played yet. 

Come on people, were not Swindon!

I don't think we are great but to say it is down to the two of us is ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise we if we finished 3rd or 10th. This league is bang average and anyone can beat anyone. We are still well in the race for the play offs. 

I can see why today has lowered expectations as we were so poor but hopefully we can learn from aspects of today.

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Plenty of twists and turns yet....even as soon as Friday and Saturday.

BE7206E5-CFEC-4BF6-8B66-6F5EA4FEC891.jpeg

Wow  the 3 teams behind us face tough games next week, we may or may not dodge another bullet if we fail against WBA, Dont get any easier even after though, away to Huddersfield then Millwall

Just look at us we dont have anything about us apart from a fantastic keeper.....do we.?

Why are we even anywhere near contention. 

If there is a team in there then lets let johnson spin the tombolololo again and find it . I have not seen us win a game convincingly all season . And i have seen most of them.

As a positive when we find the right combination i genuinely believe we can make 6th or win ths league. Cos there is nothing wrong with this squad . They just need fire in the belly and a direction. 

Im not havin a go at lee johnson

I just feel he hasnt found the right combination yet. This is understandable but lets face it we dont look the full ticket in 19/20 ....do we? 

Reckon we stick to end of season . We might get luckier still but we ve been lucky so far imo

6 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

In 5 games time the table will have surprises, shocks and form teams no one is expecting. This really is an impossible league to predict. 

Yes, the dynamic of the league positions changes after every set of games, and god knows we are very capable of going on runs of losing 5 games on the trot. Nothing is guaranteed until its sorted mathematically.

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I am starting to think it`s going to be Blackburn who come with a late run too.

Nothing late about their run. They are in the thick of it now. 

4 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

Im not havin a go at lee johnson

I just feel he hasnt found the right combination yet. This is understandable but lets face it we dont look the full ticket in 19/20 ....do we? 

By chance do you save this comment for every season under Johnson?

6 hours ago, bris red said:

I have to agree with the general consensus that IF we were to reach the play-offs I wouldn’t hold out much hope.. i think losing this time around in them will be much more difficult to swallow for the board and the whole club than the 2008 final loss to Hull was.

Absolutely!

We are still a few quality players short of being a team that you would have some confidence in to win the Play Offs.

IMO I'd rather not bother, especially that it may give the SAGS another player to worship along with Windass.

Get in another quality defender, Midfielder and Striker and I'd feel we'd have a chance.

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Always amazes me how quickly people make statements despite seeing week in week out how unpredictable the championship is across the board. Only a few weeks ago Leeds had a seemingly insurmountable gap and had promotion all but wrapped up. 

**Awful lot of football to be played yet. 

Come on people, were not Swindon!

Agree with almost everything you say... however the starred line should probable read...

** WE have a lot of awful football to play yet.  

sadly ;) .

7 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t rule out catching Forest or Brentford - both are having a bit of a blip ATM. Brentford have drawn their last two and Forest lost one and drawn one.

If we can beat Baggies, anything is possible.

I am starting to think it`s going to be Blackburn who come with a late run too.

Everything is possible but we are not going to beat the Baggies are we.

9 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

I don't think we are great but to say it is down to the two of us is ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise we if we finished 3rd or 10th. This league is bang average and anyone can beat anyone. We are still well in the race for the play offs. 

I can see why today has lowered expectations as we were so poor but hopefully we can learn from aspects of today.

We have bought in three new players who have yet to settle in .

We also may have Afobe back for the last few matches of the season.

We will get used to playing without Brownhill.

We have SuperDan .

Historically , we only need to win seven more matches to finish in the top six  at the end of the season which is very doable .

I say it is still all to play for and if we reach the play offs we will have a real chance as , like cup matches , they are a bit of a gamble.

Keep the faith. 

11 hours ago, bris red said:

I’m not so sure. When I read this I thought that’s a good point. 2008 would have been back to back promotions iirc so failure was plausible. Now, however, the club has a lot more to fall back on. The youth/academy setup and the loan system makes us able to respond to a failure like that better, so it wouldn’t be as catastrophic, in my opinion. To the point where I don’t think we’d go back down to L1. Actually, a failure like that might make us stronger. Also there’s never a good time to lose a playoff final. 

The beauty about the playoffs is you need some luck to get there and even more luck to win it. If luck is on our side then I think we can do it. Now hear me out. I watched 90 mins of the Leeds game on robins tv and whilst they were all over us part of me thinks we could have nicked it. Or at least a draw. Yes Bentley kept us in the game but it reminded me a lot of the Fulham away game this season. All them then, but we nicked it. If the team that played Fulham played Leeds today and performed the same we could have won it. We just needed to be more clinical, classy and professional on the ball, as we were at Fulham. The team that day had much longer to gel and that is where Lady Luck can get us into the playoffs. LJ doesn’t know his strongest team yet especially as 3 new signings are finding their feet. IF (its a big if hence the caps) but IF they gel, particularly Nahki and Fam, I think we’re in with a ****ing shout. Taking one week at a time a draw against West Brum and we’re still in the mixer. And if there’s one player that could win us a playoff final it’s Sir Daniel Bentley. 

Archived