IGNORED

Not ready for the premier league

formerly known as ivan

:laugh:!...Who ever is. If we get promotion the investment of in excess of 100m will determine how ready we are...Sheffield Utd seem ready enough Norwich not so much..

We have no idea what another season will do for Semenyo/Moore/Bakinson/Janneh etc etc etc et al et all and if we can keep one or two regardless of what division we are in.

Today we had a minimum of two players sick one coming off during the game. Not sure I would be giving ‘not ready’ notices on the basis of that game. Bentley looks plenty ready as do a few others. 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If today showed the difference between us and a top championship team!

Of course we are not ready for the premier league if we were we would be about 20 points clear at the top, no one is really ready for the premier league until you get there, then it's a different  ball game regarding transfer fees and wages, our ground is ready tho ?

Not sure whether the league is more competitive or worse this season. Normally you would feel the top 3 or 4 championship teams would be better or at least give the bottom few prem teams a go, in part due to confidence. The league in general this season I feel is poor. To me Brentford, Leeds and Fulham are the best sides but look at recent form for them!?! 

I concur with many that we are in a false position as a team but we have some individual talent that has kept us where we are. Out of our squad currently the only players who I feel could cut it in the prem, whether that's cameos or not would be Eliasson, Bentley and Deidhou. Look at the other teams at the top they have several.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If today showed the difference between us and a top championship team!

if Leeds played like that every week then they'd be 20 points clear.

if we played like that every week, we'd be where Barnsley are.

if Barnsley played like they  did today every week then they'd be in the play-offs and if Fulham pla.......yada yada yada

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We beat Sheffield United twice last season and fully deserved to.

We lost for various reasons but LJ got tactics wrong. Get them right and we'd have had a chance.

Agree we would have a chance but how many times do we say " get the tactics right " LJ ( and I'm not a LJ outer)  rarely seems to get the tactics right unless by luck !!

10 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Yes we do but our away form wont get us promoted on it's own, our home form will let us down again this season but don't ask me why as I  havent got a clue.

Nor me! I don't know if we'll stick with a more traditional front two, plus wide men, the rest of the season, and if we do whether that will change that record, maybe make us better at breaking teams down at home, but more open away? Really hard to make a judgementbtoday with all the illnesses and enforced changes.

But I guess it's not uncommon for teams to be inconsistent between home and away records, justbthat its normally the other way round from us. Just like when team struggle to score, they sort that out and then suddenly start conceding loads! 

Archived