IGNORED

RIP Caroline Flack

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Maybe. You are probably correct.

Another question. Do people like Piers Morgan and Dan Wooton send their crocodile tear tweets with or without a sense of irony?! 

No doubt the CPS will get the blame.

1 hour ago, Super said:

No doubt the CPS will get the blame.

The boyfriend too.

1 hour ago, walnutroof said:

There’s been an awful lot of crocodile tears shed since this broke yesterday, the same people quick to blame the media were the same people taking an interest in the story and were on twitter calling for her to be jailed.

I don’t buy people saying the media have blood on their hands as the story had actually gone quiet and life had moved on. There’s a lot of hypocrites on social media at the moment all trying to make themselves feel better for the part they played and some not just the tabloids should be taking a long hard look at themselves and their actions 

Yep. The two best-selling newspapers/most popular websites in the country are The Sun and the Mail. Those members of the Great British Public who are whining today need to have a look at their own behaviour.

@Fordy62 absolutely right , the CPS are there to independently review the evidence and decide if a charge can be brought, regardless of who the individual is or what they’re alleged to have done.

The media comments and the way the press harass people in this country is horrendous. However, we now live in a gossip state, where reality tv is the norm, gossip magazines are popular and we have keyboard warriors making their own vicious views based on what they read. The press in this country have a lot to answer to, but if we as a nation embrace it , whose at fault ?

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The boyfriend too.

Yep. The two best-selling newspapers/most popular websites in the country are The Sun and the Mail. Those members of the Great British Public who are whining today need to have a look at their own behaviour.

Who buys newspapers nowadays anyway? 
I haven’t bought one since 2011. 
Don’t know why people bother. 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Quite. In the era of instant news, reaction & opinion the stuff in the paper press is days old before it's printed practically. 

The sun’s physical copy sales has absolutely plummeted in recent years. They make money purely from online articles and adverts. If everyone stopped clicking on those and the same for the Daily Fail they’d be gone in 12 months. 

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

The sun’s physical copy sales has absolutely plummeted in recent years. They make money purely from online articles and adverts. If everyone stopped clicking on those and the same for the Daily Fail they’d be gone in 12 months. 

I'd imagine that's the model for all "papers", surely? 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I'd imagine that's the model for all "papers", surely? 

Indeed it probably is. 
I don’t think I’ve ever clicked on a link to the sun or mail either. 
I find it baffling how people are so interested in the lives of these so called celebrities. 
I honestly couldn’t give a hoot what Rachelle is wearing today, why Georgia and Freddy have split up, where Jayden has gone on holiday etc. 
Who actually really gives a ****. It’s a load of nonsense. 

Mike Parry (Murdoch paid) now battering Cipriani (close friend of Flack).

Leveson 2 so needed in this country. The lack of regulation leads to this toxicity. 

They've got off Scot free for so long, a stain on us all that we've let it happen without comment. 

But we get angry as F about benefits and immigrants...

Worlds gone. 

1 hour ago, J-mat said:

Leveson 2 so needed in this country. The lack of regulation leads to this toxicity. 

They've got off Scot free for so long, a stain on us all that we've let it happen without comment. 

Worlds gone. 

Unfortunately the current government are too close to most of the MSN owners that they won’t change anything. The only way it really changes is if the people stop reading these shit rags online  

14 hours ago, J-mat said:

Worlds gone. 

I have no idea where Mike Parry has come from, but it was Alan Brazil. 

On 16/02/2020 at 08:41, RedM said:

In response to you emoji (!), I want to be clear that she obviously had problems and no contact means no contact, so why did he ‘push her buttons’ and put a Valentines Greeting, after all it’s about love, out there? OK he almost certainly didn’t know what she would go on to do, but he also has to live with that now.

I was unsure who you were aiming your insult at to be fair. Think it's a bit harsh to put blame on him, no one knows the full story or situation and he has been supportive of her the whole way through. I don't think he (intended to) "push her buttons" in this action, I think he was a man that was really hurting (even more so now) that he couldn't see his partner and if anything, being allowed to see each other probably could have saved her life - but I'm happy to accept that is pure speculation from what I've seen and read from various sources.

My understanding (which could well be wrong) is they had a big argument and some kind of "bust up" which led to a fight and/or actions which left a lot of blood at the scene (a mixture of both). There must have been something substantial to it for CPS to push for a trial, but as I said he has stood by her all the way through and didn't want to press charges further - that could be misguided loyalty or it could be because the whole thing was blown hugely out of proportion.

I don't blame the CPS for this though, if they felt they had grounds to take it to trial then they absolutely should. The laws changed for domestic abuse because so often the victims were too scared to proceed and many abusers got away with their actions. She should have been allowed a fair trial though, rather than trial by social media.

It's all a very sad state of affairs, I just hope all the people that are up in arms at the way the media have treated her keep up their protests and dont forget about it all in a week or so. It's about time these journalists and news sources were held to account for the way they hound people - but then again people still seem to love Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins so I dont hold out much hope.

On 16/02/2020 at 10:02, RedDave said:

If a male celebrity was standing trial for attempted murder and killed himself pre trial would he get lots of sympathy?

Attempted murder? 

Firstly, it was assault. Secondly, BOTH parties deny the charges.

Thirdly, look how much "sympathy" Ched Evans got from a lot of people for an arguably more sinister crime even after being found guilty.  Had he taken his own life pre-trial, yes I expect he would have had a lot of sympathy (especially considering innocent til proven guilty) so if you're trying to make some assumption that she's only receiving sympathy for being a woman, I think you're talking nonsense.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Shocking number of people on facebook sharing "be kind" memes and "Caroline's Law" petitions who were last week sharing tabloid shitrag stories about Philip Schofield.  We have the media we deserve.

True, but at least it is raising the issue and if it saves the life of one person these facebook shares will be worth it

51 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Attempted murder? 

Firstly, it was assault. Secondly, BOTH parties deny the charges.

Thirdly, look how much "sympathy" Ched Evans got from a lot of people for an arguably more sinister crime even after being found guilty.  Had he taken his own life pre-trial, yes I expect he would have had a lot of sympathy (especially considering innocent til proven guilty) so if you're trying to make some assumption that she's only receiving sympathy for being a woman, I think you're talking nonsense.

I asked a question...pretty sure that’s allowed 

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

True, but at least it is raising the issue and if it saves the life of one person these facebook shares will be worth it

I'm not arguing against what they're sharing now, but what they were happy to be part of last week and the massive hypocrisy.  I imagine many people on the "be kind" bandwagon will be back to reading muckraking stories already.

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I was unsure who you were aiming your insult at to be fair. Think it's a bit harsh to put blame on him, no one knows the full story or situation and he has been supportive of her the whole way through. I don't think he (intended to) "push her buttons" in this action, I think he was a man that was really hurting (even more so now) that he couldn't see his partner and if anything, being allowed to see each other probably could have saved her life - but I'm happy to accept that is pure speculation from what I've seen and read from various sources.

My understanding (which could well be wrong) is they had a big argument and some kind of "bust up" which led to a fight and/or actions which left a lot of blood at the scene (a mixture of both). There must have been something substantial to it for CPS to push for a trial, but as I said he has stood by her all the way through and didn't want to press charges further - that could be misguided loyalty or it could be because the whole thing was blown hugely out of proportion.

I don't blame the CPS for this though, if they felt they had grounds to take it to trial then they absolutely should. The laws changed for domestic abuse because so often the victims were too scared to proceed and many abusers got away with their actions. She should have been allowed a fair trial though, rather than trial by social media.

It's all a very sad state of affairs, I just hope all the people that are up in arms at the way the media have treated her keep up their protests and dont forget about it all in a week or so. It's about time these journalists and news sources were held to account for the way they hound people - but then again people still seem to love Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins so I dont hold out much hope.

I’m not sure where the insult is, to be fair.

You do go on to make some valid points I would agree

57 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'm not arguing against what they're sharing now, but what they were happy to be part of last week and the massive hypocrisy.  I imagine many people on the "be kind" bandwagon will be back to reading muckraking stories already.

Completely agree, I did enjoy some of the twitter posts where people had been exposed for saying hurtful things about Flack or others only a few weeks ago and now telling everyone to be kind. Most are just virtue signalling and will forget within a week

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I’m not sure where the insult is, to be fair.

You do go on to make some valid points I would agree

I know you preceded it with "if true" but I assumed the word that was asterixed out wasn't a compliment.

I just tried to stay open-minded on this one, particularly as she didn't get to face trial and give her account of events. It's terribly sad, and I feel sorry for the bloke too because whatever happened he clearly still loved her and wanted to stand by her and he now won't have that opportunity.

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

I see the Sun are doing their best to blame the CPS..  

The day the Sun goes the same way as NOTW will be a great day indeed. Would love to see Panorama do a muck raking documentary on some of the Suns journos private lives. Bet it would be an interesting watch.

16 hours ago, TomF said:

Unfortunately the current government are too close to most of the MSN owners that they won’t change anything. The only way it really changes is if the people stop reading these shit rags online  

Stop reading them online or otherwise 

Archived