IGNORED

RIP Caroline Flack

CyderInACan

On 16/02/2020 at 12:17, Fordy62 said:

CPS work on whether there’s sufficient evidence to charge. There was. They charged. 

Terrible that she felt the need to do what she did, but the CPS aren’t to blame. They have to protect victims of domestic violence. 

On 16/02/2020 at 14:09, daored said:

@Fordy62 absolutely right , the CPS are there to independently review the evidence and decide if a charge can be brought, regardless of who the individual is or what they’re alleged to have done.

Indeed, but I believe the underlying, driving force is the problem of 'hidden' domestic abuse, which, of course, is not always 'man on woman' abuse and/or violence, nor is it even limited to physical violence, but extends also to continued and persistent mental abuse.

We have all seen and heard over the years many cases where a woman has explained away bruises as 'having fallen down the stairs', and the knowing looks from friends and colleagues, but there have also been the cases where the victim has been convinced that she or he is so, e.g. stupid/useless//fat/ugly, that nobody would want them save their abuser.

It is my belief and understanding that many victims of domestic abuse are just too scared and/or brainwashed to support a prosecution against their abuser and, in an effort to achieve justice, the CPS have taken it upon themselves to charge and proceed, thus absolving the victims from having to take such decisions themselves, especially when, frequently, they are unable to do so.

Tragic as events turned out, and whilst the subject of this particular case may well have been an unfortunate, one-off domestic incident, better to be safe than sorry (in so far as it concerns the CPS) and, surely, the truth would have come out at trial.     

20 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, but I believe the underlying, driving force is the problem of 'hidden' domestic abuse, which, of course, is not always 'man on woman' abuse and/or violence, nor is it even limited to physical violence, but extends also to continued and persistent mental abuse.

We have all seen and heard over the years many cases where a woman has explained away bruises as 'having fallen down the stairs', and the knowing looks from friends and colleagues, but there have also been the cases where the victim has been convinced that she or he is so, e.g. stupid/useless//fat/ugly, that nobody would want them save their abuser.

It is my belief and understanding that many victims of domestic abuse are just too scared and/or brainwashed to support a prosecution against their abuser and, in an effort to achieve justice, the CPS have taken it upon themselves to charge and proceed, thus absolving the victims from having to take such decisions themselves, especially when, frequently, they are unable to do so.

Tragic as events turned out, and whilst the subject of this particular case may well have been an unfortunate, one-off domestic incident, better to be safe than sorry (in so far as it concerns the CPS) and, surely, the truth would have come out at trial.     

Well written. 

The Sun* today (Possibly yesterday) reports that Flack had admitted the crime on officers body worn video and was dreading the footage being shown in court (and thus made public).

Theres also talk of Flack’s previous partner having signed a NDA... although I’m not sure of the truth. 

*apologies for the shite reference material. 

On 16/02/2020 at 21:09, Harry said:

Who buys newspapers nowadays anyway? 
I haven’t bought one since 2011. 
Don’t know why people bother. 

I do, and I wouldn’t be without it.  I also read books and listen to CDs, and both are preferable to the digital alternative.  Just because it’s new and shiny doesn’t always make it better.

24 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I do, and I wouldn’t be without it.  I also read books and listen to CDs, and both are preferable to the digital alternative.  Just because it’s new and shiny doesn’t always make it better.

Nice whataboutery. 
I also read books and listen to cd’s (even got some old cassettes and vinyl too). 
That’s not the point being made here. 
Buying a tabloid newspaper is something most people do for gossip, celebrity, sensationalism etc. The Sun is not exactly reknowned for its breathtaking, groundbreaking investigative journalism. 
If you buy a newspaper for ‘proper’ news then there are options available which are more accurate in their reporting and generally stay away from the lies and gossip that are awash in the tabloids. 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

And just because somethings old and crusty doesn’t make it better. ;) 

I can see why people still prefer physical stuff, but I’m just grateful to the modern world as I have less clutter! 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I do as well but am particular which rag I buy

On 16/02/2020 at 01:57, Super said:

Thats a shocker RIP

It is a shocker and more common than we think. Metal health is important and we should all be comfortable in discussing it with others. Even if its not with family but all please be aware if one of our mates seems a bit down when having a beer or a thatchers make a point in asking ‘ are you ok’

17 minutes ago, Nibor said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51557180

The instagram post that went unpublished is particularly poignant.

How many people will remember this when they're reading the next salacious expose of someone's personal life?

I’m afraid that there’s not one part of me that believes that this is an unpublished Instagram post. 

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m afraid that there’s not one part of me that believes that this is an unpublished Instagram post. 

Convenient with the inquest just about to start. Accident as she says or not, if I crash my car I have to deal with the consequences, if I hurt someone I have to deal with the consequences. You don’t accidentally pick up a lamp and hit someone with it. 

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Hate to say mine has a number of posts that I typed etc that never got to post - very feasible, but get your point

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Convenient with the inquest just about to start. Accident as she says or not, if I crash my car I have to deal with the consequences, if I hurt someone I have to deal with the consequences. You don’t accidentally pick up a lamp and hit someone with it. 

The inquest this morning won't go into to much detail - though note they said she hung herself

I thought that the partner had said she never hit him with the lamp and that the reason there was blood as she had self harmed, and this footage from the policemans bodycam was what she was really worried about getting into the public domain?

47 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Really? Do you think if the family were lying about this the press would hesitate to or be unable to get one of the "advisors" mentioned to contradict them?

46 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If that's what happened 

A court was told she hit him over the head with a lamp. 

Known as an 'evidence-led prosecution', it would have relied not on his testimony but on material gathered by police such as bodycam footage taken at her home.

Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court heard that, in the aftermath of the alleged incident, Miss Flack told police 'I did it' then warned she would kill herself.

Unsurprising that the vile press are blaming the CPS.I would be hugely surprised if when it got to court she would have received any more than a caution (maybe Fordy can shed some light) and perhaps a fine,as her lawyer presumably informed her.

I imagine she would have been much more upset at the thought of the impending barrage of negative stories that would have dragged on in the media after the case was over.How are the press allowed to carry on like this time after time?Surely they cant hide behind  freedom of speech  arguments forever.

43 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

A court was told she hit him over the head with a lamp.

Known as an 'evidence-led prosecution', it would have relied not on his testimony but on material gathered by police such as bodycam footage taken at her home.

Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court heard that, in the aftermath of the alleged incident, Miss Flack told police 'I did it' then warned she would kill herself.

If you are quoting the daily mail, you really ought to make that clear so people can trust it appropriately.

Does it mention what else the court was told?  i.e. by the only two witnesses?  Or does it perhaps leave lots out in order to paint a particular picture?

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Unsurprising that the vile press are blaming the CPS.I would be hugely surprised if when it got to court she would have received any more than a caution (maybe Fordy can shed some light) and perhaps a fine,as her lawyer presumably informed her.

I imagine she would have been much more upset at the thought of the impending barrage of negative stories that would have dragged on in the media after the case was over.How are the press allowed to carry on like this time after time?Surely they cant hide behind  freedom of speech  arguments forever.

The reason she went into meltdown was because she had self harmed was covered in her own blood and not wearing much clothing

She was distraught that these images were to be played out in court

10 minutes ago, Nibor said:

If you are quoting the daily mail, you really ought to make that clear so people can trust it appropriately.

Does it mention what else the court was told?  i.e. by the only two witnesses?  Or does it perhaps leave lots out in order to paint a particular picture?

I don’t necessarily want to get into the ins and outs of whether a dead woman assaulted her partner, but the CPS are by and large very professional. 

They were confident that it was more likely than not that Flack would be convicted of assault.

Lets leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Daily Mail, case in point.

Mr Burton reposted the picture of the 'bloody' bed and exclaimed: "B******t this blood isn’t mine and I didn’t get hit over the head with a lamp, can everyone stop now."

I guess its a case of chose what you wish to believe, but firstly she should be innocent until proven guilty and secondly, we probably shouldn't be regurgitating the witch-hunt that's led to her untimely death

• Admin

This picture of Lewis Burton's head shows he sustained no more than a little scratch after a domestic row with Caroline Flack, 40

THIS picture of Caroline Flack’s boyfriend proves he was not the victim of a serious assault, her team says.

It shows barely a mark on Lewis Burton’s head — despite being taken straight after the domestic row which led to the tragic TV host’s assault charge.

Former tennis pro Lewis, 27, was clearly not bleeding and begged police and the Crown Prosecution Service not to proceed with the case.

And prosecutors knew all along that blood around the bedroom was from deep wounds she inflicted on herself — not from her hitting him with a lamp.

“The picture shows clearly there was no head injury so there was no ‘violent attack’ with a lamp as claimed by the CPS - all the blood was from Caroline.

“She was not well mentally, she was exhausted and had been drinking heavily and even warned officers at the time she would kill herself.

“But police and prosecutors ignored medical evidence.”

The CPS looked at the evidence and saw fit to press ahead with a trial. They don’t have agendas or are out to get people. (you would hope) Her boyfriend or her representatives are hardly unbiased here is all I’m trying to say. Hopefully the inquest will give us all an accurate picture instead of all we’ve heard so far. :) 

Victims of domestic abuse, regardless of gender, often don’t recognise they’re in an abusive relationship because they love that person, even though that person sometimes does bad things

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The reason she went into meltdown was because she had self harmed was covered in her own blood and not wearing much clothing

She was distraught that these images were to be played out in court

And of course the media would have had a field day with it.

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Just saw this shared on Facebook, from a one direction magazine aimed at teenage girls a few years back....

FB_IMG_1582056898642.jpg

Which clever c*** wrote that shameful bollocks & no doubt went smugly home afterwards feeling very 'prowed' of their great days work ? 

What ****'s pay which ****'s for crap like this to include in **** magazines to be sold to mindless ****'s for a handful of filthy **** lucre ?

Hope all concerned with this are feeling suitably 'prowed' of their 'work' still today … ****'S !

• Admin

The CPS looked at the evidence and saw fit to press ahead with a trial. They don’t have agendas or are out to get people. (you would hope) Her boyfriend or her representatives are hardly unbiased here is all I’m trying to say. Hopefully the inquest will give us all an accurate picture instead of all we’ve heard so far. :) 

Victims of domestic abuse, regardless of gender, often don’t recognise they’re in an abusive relationship because they love that person, even though that person sometimes does bad things

But that's the whole point of the argument the CPS went against factual evidence and reports to push through with these charges 

There's only one person alive that knows the truth and all along he has maintained the claims were false 

Archived