IGNORED

RIP Caroline Flack

CyderInACan

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t necessarily want to get into the ins and outs of whether a dead woman assaulted her partner, but the CPS are by and large very professional. 

They were confident that it was more likely than not that Flack would be convicted of assault.

Lets leave it at that.

I'm not debating the professionalism of the CPS nor do I have any opinion on whether she would have been convicted - nobody can have a reasonable opinion on that without a trial.

What I'm pointing out is that the tabloid press are utter vermin who would do anything for a story irrespective of the impact on people, and that there are plenty of massive hypocrites around that enable them by continuing to read and react to the total garbage they make up.

7 hours ago, Nibor said:

How many people will remember this when they're reading the next salacious expose of someone's personal life?

I comment not about Nibor's post just this line that I landed on. Like a few others I never even knew who Caroline Flack was - now her life as was is everywhere and on every news channel etc -  so just why do people find this twitter/Instagram world so impossible to ignore?

Why do people want to read these expose's? I seem to be able to live without this and the pursuit of instant fame and stardom but many people who lament and criticise must be part of the whole thing - just give it all up is my view - stop twittering or inst whatevering - this forum is the only thing like that I take part in and if ended tomorrow I could cope - I watched City long before we had this and lived happily enough

I genuinely fear for my little granddaughter who is 5 and the world she will grow up in - she already wants a phone FFS

Sigh

14 minutes ago, Markman said:

I comment not about Nibor's post just this line that I landed on. Like a few others I never even knew who Caroline Flack was - now her life as was is everywhere and on every news channel etc -  so just why do people find this twitter/Instagram world so impossible to ignore?

Why do people want to read these expose's? I seem to be able to live without this and the pursuit of instant fame and stardom but many people who lament and criticise must be part of the whole thing - just give it all up is my view - stop twittering or inst whatevering - this forum is the only thing like that I take part in and if ended tomorrow I could cope - I watched City long before we had this and lived happily enough

I genuinely fear for my little granddaughter who is 5 and the world she will grow up in - she already wants a phone FFS

Sigh

I don’t have children yet, but already dread the day they ask for a phone or a social media account. I hope Facebook and such like have imploded by then!

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t have children yet, but already dread the day they ask for a phone or a social media account. I hope Facebook and such like have imploded by then!

It is a constant battle to keep an eye on what mine are up to, even with security measures in place.  This whole affair is unsavoury in the least, whatever went on behind closed doors - the question I keep asking myself is, how does one deal with the problem of trolling?  Fines? Prison? Internet Bans?  At least when I was young bullying stopped at the school gate at 3:45pm, now they can keep going 24/7 it has to be stopped

3 hours ago, phantom said:

But that's the whole point of the argument the CPS went against factual evidence and reports to push through with these charges 

There's only one person alive that knows the truth and all along he has maintained the claims were false 

But if you are a victim of domestic abuse then you are likely to say the claims are false through fear or embarrassment more than anything else.

I don’t care what anyone says, if the alleged assault was him on her people would be in uproar if it wasn’t properly investigated.

Complete double standards.

Yes it’s sad she chose to do what she but that doesn’t make her innocent.

As for all the media stuff, unfortunately that’s the life a celebrity chooses to live. When the press and social media are making her millions there isn’t any complaints. The media have also been far worse to many celebs over the years.

The fact is she obviously wasn’t well. Not sure what the witch-hunt is all about.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But if you are a victim of domestic abuse then you are likely to say the claims are false through fear or embarrassment more than anything else.

Fair point, but if you are looking at it from that angle then maybe look at the photo of his head where there's no impact wound

This thread is spinning into a whole new debate

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Fair point, but if you are looking at it from that angle then maybe look at the photo of his head where there's no impact wound

This thread is spinning into a whole new debate

Granted the picture doesn’t show much but does that mean he wasn’t attacked? Are we saying that there is a level of abuse which is acceptable as long as it leaves no marks or blood?

It could have been ongoing abuse to the point where he had had enough. Guess the truth may never come out. He is hardly going to say anything bad about her now given the outpouring of sympathy for her.

Just think that she must have been unwell for a long time before this and was maybe looking for a reason for the way out.

I think we can all agree it is a very sad situation that people are going through on a daily basis.

The CPS DO NOT press charges without sufficient evidence. The fact that they did press charges vindicates everything that the press have reported. The press did not kill her. She killed herself because she knew that she was to be found guilty. She did what all bullies do when their actions blow up in their face and took the cowardly way out. Now everyone on social media is crying crocodile tears and making her out to be a martyr.

Worse still though is her boyfriend. There is no shame in being battered by your girlfriend. Thousands, if not millions of men up and down the country are violently assaulted by their partners on a regular basis. But because domestic abuse is still considered to be the domain of men beating up women, it is largely swept under the carpet. There is no shame in raising the alarm and reporting it.

What there IS shame, and not only shame but disgrace in, is having done that, to then protect your assailant and turn on the very people who are there to protect you. He has done the most disgraceful disservice to domestic abuse victims everywhere, male or female.

If she really was innocent, which she clearly wasn't because the CPS would not have pursued it, why the hell is he not being done for wasting police time?

4 hours ago, Superjack said:

The CPS DO NOT press charges without sufficient evidence. The fact that they did press charges vindicates everything that the press have reported. The press did not kill her. She killed herself because she knew that she was to be found guilty. She did what all bullies do when their actions blow up in their face and took the cowardly way out. Now everyone on social media is crying crocodile tears and making her out to be a martyr.

Worse still though is her boyfriend. There is no shame in being battered by your girlfriend. Thousands, if not millions of men up and down the country are violently assaulted by their partners on a regular basis. But because domestic abuse is still considered to be the domain of men beating up women, it is largely swept under the carpet. There is no shame in raising the alarm and reporting it.

What there IS shame, and not only shame but disgrace in, is having done that, to then protect your assailant and turn on the very people who are there to protect you. He has done the most disgraceful disservice to domestic abuse victims everywhere, male or female.

If she really was innocent, which she clearly wasn't because the CPS would not have pursued it, why the hell is he not being done for wasting police time?

We have system in this country of trial by jury. The CPS might well have had reasons for thinking there was a reasonable prospect of conviction but they do not decide whether someone is guilty or not and, given the police arrived after the incident took place, they do not know what happened either.

I do not agree with the vilification of the press for pursuing this case but I think it appalling that people are prepared to abandon 600 years of legal precedent of a fair judicial system and ignore the vital principal that someone is not proven guilty about until a jury of their peers has decided they to be the case.

We will never ever know if she was guilty. She was never convicted and should not be judged as such. And the idea that someone should be prosecuted for wasting police time for being involved in a case - be it as a witness or a victim, which we will never know - where no guilt has been determined is an utterly monstrous violation of our entire legal system and the whole principle of justice.

5 hours ago, Superjack said:

This is a lot of nonsense. @LondonBristolian has probably summarised more eloquently than I would but key points are she's innocent until proven guilty. Calling suicide "cowardly" is disgusting IMO, and shows either a complete lack of empathy, understanding or both. FWIW I don't disagree that there may have been a sequence of events or a history (especially if the rumours of an ex having an NDA are true) but this is pure speculation so is unfair to persecute someone for this.

I don't think she's a martyr and I think there may be some "crocodile tears" or virtue signalling, or whatever else you want to call it from some areas, but also hopefully it's bringing to light how peoples words, and actions can affect people. Not just celebrities but their friends and peers. If this makes people stop and think before they share the next bullshit gossip or something that may hurt someone they know then thats not a bad thing.

I'm not sure how blame can be laid at the door of the boyfriend. I feel you are doing this simply because its a man and a man shouldn't be intimidated by a woman. I very much doubt you'd be blaming a female domestic abuse victim for protecting their boyfriend if they were scared to leave them or blinded by love. You're also ignoring the fact of the matter that he did NOT report her, he called an ambulance. 

Not sure how you would "DO" someone for wasting police time that didn't report the issue in the first place and didn't wish to press charges.

I think this is the last i'll reply on the matter. Everyone's going to have their own opinions on what happened (mostly fuelled by what they've read in the media) and arguing it is probably pointless. The key point is everyone should just be ******* nicer to each other , but that doesn't sell papers or gain clicks.

• Admin
12 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I think we can all agree it is a very sad situation that people are going through on a daily basis.

Completely agree, but this thread was about the sad passing of Caroline Flack, to me the discussions around domestic abuse should be seperate. 

Clearly many people still believe the lies originally published by the Sun

• Admin

Just watched the video that Danny Cipriani has just released.

He touches on Caroline Flack as he knew her, but he goes into very great detail about his personal problems in the past

VERY emotional and powerful to watch

Fair play to the guy, see him in a completely different light now 

On 21/02/2020 at 14:03, phantom said:

Just watched the video that Danny Cipriani has just released.

He touches on Caroline Flack as he knew her, but he goes into very great detail about his personal problems in the past

VERY emotional and powerful to watch

Fair play to the guy, see him in a completely different light now 

Heard about this @SuperDziek at the rugby on Sunday, might have to watch it at HT in the Hudds v. City game I’m currently watching. 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

I don't want to ruin the ending but I wouldn't bother with the City game @CyderInACan

But here's the interview in full

Yeah watched it at HT. A bit of a ramble and he’s obviously battling a lot of grief as well as his own demons. But fair play for just letting it all out like that. That takes some bollocks. 

Archived