IGNORED

Clubs in the bag [midfield]

headhunter

Reading the forum there seems to be a consensus that the midfield is our problem.

I've posted many times on here that we seem to go for quantity not quality.

If we look at the creative aspect of midfield being the main area of inadequacy then I have to ask the question that last summer had we made an offer [wages & fee] that couldn't be refused for Bannon with him covered by Morrell & Walsh would that have been inferior in skill or lower in cost to what we have now which is Nagy, Massengo & Palmer the latter three costing us a shed load and contributing nothing / very little.

44 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Reading the forum there seems to be a consensus that the midfield is our problem.

I've posted many times on here that we seem to go for quantity not quality.

If we look at the creative aspect of midfield being the main area of inadequacy then I have to ask the question that last summer had we made an offer [wages & fee] that couldn't be refused for Bannon with him covered by Morrell & Walsh would that have been inferior in skill or lower in cost to what we have now which is Nagy, Massengo & Palmer the latter three costing us a shed load and contributing nothing / very little.

Remind me, how are Sheff Weds doing with Bannan in the side?

Henricksen is a more physical CM player that we have needed for a while.

If our head coach persistently sets us up with only 2 in CM we are always going to struggle against sides who outnumber us in midfield. Would make little difference if we had Bannan or not if he is played in a two.

Archived