IGNORED

luke Ayling.

Hampshire reds

That's football for you. Would rather have the odd decision go against us than live in a VAR world. All evens itself out in the end and human error does more than play its part in the natural excitement of the sport. 

And let's be totally honest, if there's one game we didn't deserve something, this was it. 

21 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

That's football for you. Would rather have the odd decision go against us than live in a VAR world. All evens itself out in the end and human error does more than play its part in the natural excitement of the sport. 

And let's be totally honest, if there's one game we didn't deserve something, this was it. 

Agree with that. VAR has taken all the excitement out of football. To FIFAs credit, they did cite that as the main reason not to bring it in in the first place

30 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Agree with that. VAR has taken all the excitement out of football. To FIFAs credit, they did cite that as the main reason not to bring it in in the first place

....then when Samsung (or whoever supplies VAR) posted the gents at FIFA a fat envelope of cash, they weighed up the pros and cons and decided it would benefit the beautiful game....

31 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Pity L A wasn't up to our standards, he could have been a handy player for us. :facepalm:

there are a few more playing for some welsh outfit who are right up our backsides but not quite right for us as well. oh and if you add in a couple at Fulham and a few elsewhere, reckon we could storm this div; oh the manager could be a problem though.

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

there are a few more playing for some welsh outfit who are right up our backsides but not quite right for us as well. oh and if you add in a couple at Fulham and a few elsewhere, reckon we could storm this div; oh the manager could be a problem though.

:clap:

22 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I guess you mean flint, tomlin and pack, who at the time nobody was too bothered about losing. 

Bryan and Reid went to get Premier league football, so no idea why you’re bringing them up...

53 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

You can’t be seriously suggesting flint is better than the defenders we have had since his departure (wright probably)

Wasn’t just the penalty. Leeds made numerous ‘tactical’ fouls all game. 
Whilst we didn’t get many opportunities to attack, every time we did finally get a semblance of a break and we had someone go past a Leeds player, he was brought down. 
Every time. 
Ref only booked 1 of their players for this. There were about 10 similar fouls that halted any attack we made. 
Clever by Leeds. Poor by the ref. 

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Lots of people on the match day thread voiced hatred towards Ayling but nobody gave a reason why. Any ideas?

Can't speak for others but the way he dived around, time wasted and continually bitched to the referee over every single tackle when we played Leeds at the Gate made me think he is now a complete tosser. I just don't remember him being like that when he played for us, I was gutted when he left but he's a true Leeds style player now.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Whilst we didn’t get many opportunities to attack, every time we did finally get a semblance of a break and we had someone go past a Leeds player, he was brought down. 
Every time. 
Ref only booked 1 of their players for this. There were about 10 similar fouls that halted any attack we made. 

Kind of reminds me of playing against Warnock sides. Just keep kicking us meaning we can't get any rhythm and their players can get back in position. Frustrating to watch.

Obviously on the ball they're amazing and nothing like a Warnock side! But without the ball very clever in their constant fouling.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Umm... kissing the badge like that for your goal celebration against the club that helped hou on your way? Totally inappropriate. 

Unless he feels he was treated badly by Johnson. We don't know the full story of Cheltenham. I do prefer to remain neutral as a result. 

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Unless he feels he was treated badly by Johnson. We don't know the full story of Cheltenham. I do prefer to remain neutral as a result. 

We only "know" what the club tells us, (which could be to silence the natives/calm the waters)....Fams "ill" others are "injured" others "dont want to be/play here"  etc

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Every time. 

Yeh agreed but if we played football and not looked like a load of lost sheep it wouldn’t have mattered how dirty Leeds played.

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Yeh agreed but if we played football and not looked like a load of lost sheep it wouldn’t have mattered how dirty Leeds played.

Well, I disagree with that to be honest. 
To beat teams like Leeds you need to get past their high press. If you do, you can build attacks and start to play football in their final third. 
Every time we did beat their press, they committed a foul and halted our attack immediately. 

As said, it’s clever, but it’s cynical. It stopped us getting any kind of hold on the game and any kind of sustained possession in their half. 

Were we generally crap with the ball? Yes, of course we were. But the few times we did manage to get something moving, they stopped it with a foul. And only 1 yellow card. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, I disagree with that to be honest. 
To beat teams like Leeds you need to get past their high press. If you do, you can build attacks and start to play football in their final third. 
Every time we did beat their press, they committed a foul and halted our attack immediately. 

As said, it’s clever, but it’s cynical. It stopped us getting any kind of hold on the game and any kind of sustained possession in their half. 

Were we generally crap with the ball? Yes, of course we were. But the few times we did manage to get something moving, they stopped it with a foul. And only 1 yellow card. 

And if by the off chance we do get promoted who is going to turn the City players to be the dominators and not the frightened by teams that try and intimidate us. 

‘PLAY FOOTBALL IN THEIR FINAL THIRD” what a joke we need to play the full 90 minutes if we are going to achieve prem football at the gate 

8 hours ago, mozo said:

Umm... kissing the badge like that for your goal celebration against the club that helped hou on your way? Totally inappropriate. 

What does that say?

Maybe he didn’t like the way he was shoved out at City for a basement price.

Everytime (before today) he’s clapped the City fans when we’ve played home and away (I’ve seen it with my own eyes), maybe he’s just had enough of you nowadays.

He does buy fouls at RB, he blocks the ball waits for the smallest of touches and falls on the ball. Surely if the opposition had any intelligence about them they would ensure they stay 1 yard away and not give him the opportunity.

He did this the very moment he came here so must have done it for you too.

It would infuriate me as an opposition fan however I’d also be angry at my own side for getting too close and giving him the opportunity and not learning during the game.

He’s turned into a very decent RB, prone to the old stupid losing of the ball but overall what a bargain ?

You talk about fouls and advantage, it works both ways. Phillips, Dallas and Costa were fouled a fair amount and the ref played advantage, but never came back to issue a card.

I hate it when fans think just because someone played for them they should not give it ALL for their new team. He should “check” his emotions when scoring a vital promotion chasing goal, should he ****.

Let the lad enjoy playing for a club that wants and appreciates him, coaches and fans.

He’s been our player for years now, let go.

Maybe he’s kissing his way to the Premier League.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Every time. 

Absolutely this. I was going mad during the game counting out the number of times a City player was pulled back and screaming at the ref to get a card out. You could see it every time we ever looked like breaking. It wasn't ever going to stop unless the ref did something about it. He wasn't a poor ref or in any way inconsistent or one-sided, he was just utterly soft and gamed by Leeds all day long. Last season Brownhill got sent off at Elland Road for a booking from a tactical foul. So if the ref has balls it does get punished.

In recent seasons we've got excited about City supposedly learning the dark arts, but we're not even close. Leeds are the masters. How these same players that employed tactical fouls for 60 minutes, could then get away with WINNING tactical fouls (read: flinging themselves to the ground - as stated above, they even name this after Luke Ayling), just shows how poorly managed the game was by the ref. I found the whole thing emotionally exhausting watching them play him all day long, you knew they'd get away with it.

18 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

What does that say?

Maybe he didn’t like the way he was shoved out at City for a basement price.

Everytime (before today) he’s clapped the City fans when we’ve played home and away (I’ve seen it with my own eyes), maybe he’s just had enough of you nowadays.

He does buy fouls at RB, he blocks the ball waits for the smallest of touches and falls on the ball. Surely if the opposition had any intelligence about them they would ensure they stay 1 yard away and not give him the opportunity.

He did this the very moment he came here so must have done it for you too.

It would infuriate me as an opposition fan however I’d also be angry at my own side for getting too close and giving him the opportunity and not learning during the game.

He’s turned into a very decent RB, prone to the old stupid losing of the ball but overall what a bargain ?

You talk about fouls and advantage, it works both ways. Phillips, Dallas and Costa were fouled a fair amount and the ref played advantage, but never came back to issue a card.

I hate it when fans think just because someone played for them they should not give it ALL for their new team. He should “check” his emotions when scoring a vital promotion chasing goal, should he ****.

Let the lad enjoy playing for a club that wants and appreciates him, coaches and fans.

He’s been our player for years now, let go.

Maybe he’s kissing his way to the Premier League.

I'm always of a mindset that you don't celebrate against former clubs, but if you do then find an exaggerated kissing the badge is a bit much. I'm not upset about it, just not what I would do.

He was definitely a bargain and he's jokmed a big club so no idea why he would harbour resentment given how things have transpired. 

That was a very well deserved win yesterday, and had we nicked an equaliser, say from the Wells chance, it would have been really unfair.

I think this is your season, finally, unless Brentford or Forest go on a mental streak.

You would need to strengthen considerably to survive the Prem though. You can't be as wasteful up front, and need to be tighter at the back. 

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Absolutely this. I was going mad during the game counting out the number of times a City player was pulled back and screaming at the ref to get a card out. You could see it every time we ever looked like breaking. It wasn't ever going to stop unless the ref did something about it. He wasn't a poor ref or in any way inconsistent or one-sided, he was just utterly soft and gamed by Leeds all day long. Last season Brownhill got sent off at Elland Road for a booking from a tactical foul. So if the ref has balls it does get punished.

In recent seasons we've got excited about City supposedly learning the dark arts, but we're not even close. Leeds are the masters. How these same players that employed tactical fouls for 60 minutes, could then get away with WINNING tactical fouls (read: flinging themselves to the ground - as stated above, they even name this after Luke Ayling), just shows how poorly managed the game was by the ref. I found the whole thing emotionally exhausting watching them play him all day long, you knew they'd get away with it.

It was those tactics they used in diving or fouling that made it so hard for us. The refereeing standards are getting worse in this division. The game I saw earlier in day - WBA v Forest was just mistake after mistake from the ref.

The ref in our game was shocking too in letting Leeds do whatever they wanted. Clear pen too.

22 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

He hasn’t turned into one mate. He always was one, just sadly someone who wasn’t appreciated by Johnson and was let go for less than a quarter of his market value (see Freeman). 

Im pleased he’s doing well. Always thought he was harshly treated and always said he’d go onto bigger things than Bristol City. Sadly, I was right. 

As for kissing the badge, why on earth wouldn’t he?

Archived