IGNORED

luke Ayling.

Hampshire reds

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree. I think too many look at those runs into midfield and see a flawed defender. His back-post positioning and heading were exemplary.  His covering of Flint unnoticed.  Only Williams covers his CB as well as Ayling did for us.  Always happy to receive a ball, importantly with his head-up...means he can go line or inside, with a good first touch to execute that. @SPAZZA you got a good’un so cheap.

Not many right backs about at this level that impact a game as consistently as Ayling does 

always , always ,on the front foot

Really like him as a player , and one of the best all round ‘footballers’ we’ve had in the last 10-20 years IMHO

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not many right backs about at this level that impact a game as consistently as Ayling does 

always , always ,on the front foot

Really like him as a player , and one of the best all round ‘footballers’ we’ve had in the last 10-20 years IMHO

Arsenal pedigree.  Some bollocks on twitter about being respectful for rescuing his career.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

To me he clearly looked fired up yesterday 

Could , may be , also the fact that they are aiming for automatic promotion, have just got a good point at Brentford and were looking to get back on track backed by 30000 Yorkshiremen in their own backyard  or maybe it was facing his old club that ‘ fired him up ‘ more ? 

Who knows ?

:dunno:

15 hours ago, Harry said:

Wasn’t just the penalty. Leeds made numerous ‘tactical’ fouls all game. 
Whilst we didn’t get many opportunities to attack, every time we did finally get a semblance of a break and we had someone go past a Leeds player, he was brought down. 
Every time. 
Ref only booked 1 of their players for this. There were about 10 similar fouls that halted any attack we made. 
Clever by Leeds. Poor by the ref. 

This is our issue, if we are going to play awful football we need to at least be tactical in the way in which we stop other teams playing. For far too many years now we have been far too nice. Thats fine if you are playing beautiful football, however we are not and we need to grind results out for the rest of the season if we are going to make the top six. whatever it takes. There is no point now trying to change our style even if it is awful to watch. we might as well do whatever we need to do to get results!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Could , may be , also the fact that they are aiming for automatic promotion, have just got a good point at Brentford and were looking to get back on track backed by 30000 Yorkshiremen in their own backyard  or maybe it was facing his old club that ‘ fired him up ‘ more ? 

Who knows ?

:dunno:

It's a puzzler isn't it?

And there were as many home fans in the lower tier of that end of the West stand as there were City fans in the upper.

I said it before the game and it's being proved on here after the game. If you don't go near Ayling he can't flop. But time and time again players fall for it. Who's stupid? The player who induces the foul or the dimwits who consistently, despite, an immense amount of pre-match intelligence being available, can't use their brains?

The way some of you are speaking you would think that football is some sort of gentleman's game where City were bullied by the 'Players'.

16 minutes ago, SR1 said:

It's a puzzler isn't it?

And there were as many home fans in the lower tier of that end of the West stand as there were City fans in the upper.

I said it before the game and it's being proved on here after the game. If you don't go near Ayling he can't flop. But time and time again players fall for it. Who's stupid? The player who induces the foul or the dimwits who consistently, despite, an immense amount of pre-match intelligence being available, can't use their brains?

The way some of you are speaking you would think that football is some sort of gentleman's game where City were bullied by the 'Players'.

The game is being progressively ruined by cynical shit-housery.

Time-wasting, fouling players on a run, head-clutching....

Referees are too weak and indecisive to do anything other than give out the occasional booking that has no baring on the actual game in play.

Ayling adds a new element to this win at all costs cheating - fall over during a tackle to ensure you win the freekick.

He's a ***** and I have no respect for him regardless of talent.

24 minutes ago, SR1 said:

It's a puzzler isn't it?

That part of Ayling's game didn't annoy me. Like you say, just don't stick a leg out.

Also, I love it when Massengo goes to ground in tight spots so can't be a hypocrite!

Didn’t Ayling leave because we signed Adam Matthews on season loan after he played really well season before? I thought that Ayling left because he didn’t want to be second choice. 
Yes the Cheltenham incident didn’t help but surely if that was the main reason then why wasn’t Pack and Wilbraham bombed out as well? 

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Didn’t Ayling leave because we signed Adam Matthews on season loan after he played really well season before? I thought that Ayling left because he didn’t want to be second choice.

I think LJ said he wouldn’t be automatic first choice.  Whatever really happened we didn’t get enough £s for him imho.

Yes the Cheltenham incident didn’t help but surely if that was the main reason then why wasn’t Pack and Wilbraham bombed out as well? 

33 minutes ago, Xiled said:

The game is being progressively ruined by cynical shit-housery.

Time-wasting, fouling players on a run, head-clutching....

Referees are too weak and indecisive to do anything other than give out the occasional booking that has no baring on the actual game in play.

Ayling adds a new element to this win at all costs cheating - fall over during a tackle to ensure you win the freekick.

He's a ***** and I have no respect for him regardless of talent.

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

That part of Ayling's game didn't annoy me. Like you say, just don't stick a leg out.

Also, I love it when Massengo goes to ground in tight spots so can't be a hypocrite!

Thankfully it's not just a one way mirror it seems.

It would annoy the shit out of me, but I don't think I'd be using it as anything other than a deflection after not so much a bad day at the office but a day where the office had been blown away by Storm Dennis.

Ayling's been with us for 3 1/2 years after not being first choice at City. I think he'll be able to cope if one or two of you 'lose respect' for him but the two of you are no longer acquainted professionally. He's an echo of a bygone era at City.

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

It's a puzzler isn't it?

You were much better than us and Ayling is a good player but his flops are ******* embarrassing - it’s unnecessary and he can win without that rubbish. 

1pmT.gif

Luke looked a bit delicate yesterday, to be fair.  I was a tad concerned for his welfare as each time a City player got into a 50/50 with him, he went down dramatically.  He displayed an element of the game that I find a bit distasteful............looked a bit of a tart, really.  Disappointing, but not isolated to him, sadly there's a lot of lads in the game that have perfected the loud fall.  

Back in my day, if you went down like that, it was because someone had given you a right upper cut in the penalty box whilst the ref was having a crafty fag waiting for a corner to be taken. 

(if you're reading this David 'Syd' Lawrence.......I can still feel the daylight beneath my boots.  Good shot, Sir!).  Never saw you do that on a cricket pitch, though!

2 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Luke looked a bit delicate yesterday, to be fair.  I was a tad concerned for his welfare as each time a City player got into a 50/50 with him, he went down dramatically.  He displayed an element of the game that I find a bit distasteful............looked a bit of a tart, really.  Disappointing, but not isolated to him, sadly there's a lot of lads in the game that have perfected the loud fall.  

Back in my day, if you went down like that, it was because someone had given you a right upper cut in the penalty box whilst the ref was having a crafty fag waiting for a corner to be taken. 

(if you're reading this David 'Syd' Lawrence.......I can still feel the daylight beneath my boots.  Good shot, Sir!).  Never saw you do that on a cricket pitch, though!

Im ‘only’ 37 but play some 7 a side with some mid 20s guys and the amount of moaning and whining if you go in with a bit of force or leave a bit on someone is ridiculous. If it happens to me I just think “fair play, I owe you one”. I don’t ever do anything dangerous, but enjoy the physical battle of it. 

Tbf, they have nicknamed me the Bristol Busquets for my knack of ‘breaking up’ play ? 

21 minutes ago, RedSA said:

You were much better than us and Ayling is a good player but his flops are ******* embarrassing - it’s unnecessary and he can win without that rubbish. 

1pmT.gif

As I said if it was against my team I'd feel the same way. For a while. And then get on with it.

Ayling can't fall if brain dead footballers don't make basic mistakes. I'd be flaming the dimwits who fall for it. And just for the record most of them ARE fouls. If they were pure dives he'd have been sussed out by now. He induces fouls from players only too willing to oblige him.

Another exponent is Jack 'no centre of gravity' Grealish. Hate his theatrics, but if he was playing for us? Less so.

And yes, most of you would love the cheeky chappy if he was doing it for you.

2 minutes ago, SR1 said:

As I said if it was against my team I'd feel the same way. For a while. And then get on with it.

Ayling can't fall if brain dead footballers don't make basic mistakes. I'd be flaming the dimwits who fall for it. And just for the record most of them ARE fouls. If they were pure dives he'd have been sussed out by now. He induces fouls from players only too willing to oblige him.

And yes, most of you would love the cheeky chappy if he was doing it for you.

Yes, our lot are idiots for falling for it too. (Excuse the pun)

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Yes, our lot are idiots for falling for it too. 

It's every team though, that's the thing. I mentioned it in one of the threads about him pre-match (he does appear to be quite a cause celebre on here). I don't quite know when it became a 'thing' but he's developed it. That said he has a strange way of running naturally and he doesn't have natural pace which is probably why he gets caught a bit.

18 hours ago, Harry said:

Wasn’t just the penalty. Leeds made numerous ‘tactical’ fouls all game. 
Whilst we didn’t get many opportunities to attack, every time we did finally get a semblance of a break and we had someone go past a Leeds player, he was brought down. 
Every time. 
Ref only booked 1 of their players for this. There were about 10 similar fouls that halted any attack we made. 
Clever by Leeds. Poor by the ref. 

Brazil have been doing that for decades, same as Argentina, Uruguay etc.

Yes I must admit it shows a distinct lack of respect on his part. He was part of our double winning squad and playing for us gave him the springboard to go on and further his career.

He got his move to his boyhood team but don't forget where you came from and who helped make you the player you are today.

22 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Kind of reminds me of playing against Warnock sides. Just keep kicking us meaning we can't get any rhythm and their players can get back in position. Frustrating to watch.

Obviously on the ball they're amazing and nothing like a Warnock side! But without the ball very clever in their constant fouling.

.....another uncalled for dig at the most successful manager ever in this country (promotions) ...?✌️?

5 hours ago, SR1 said:

[...]

Ayling can't fall if brain dead footballers don't make basic mistakes. I'd be flaming the dimwits who fall for it.

[...]

Do you blame an old lady for being stupid enough to get mugged?

Leeds deserved to win. No problem with that.

Ayling's a cheat. No need to excuse that.

I've also heard that he's single-handedly responsible for the Coronavirus and the South Wales floods.

In the grand scheme of things Luke Ayling seems to be far more important than you'd initially think.?

8 hours ago, Xiled said:

Do you blame an old lady for being stupid enough to get mugged?

Leeds deserved to win. No problem with that.

Ayling's a cheat. No need to excuse that.

I didn't. But do carry on.

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

I've also heard that he's single-handedly responsible for the Coronavirus and the South Wales floods.

In the grand scheme of things Luke Ayling seems to be far more important than you'd initially think.?

?

Yeah, I'm struggling to sleep at night.

1403896434_sheff_u_report_3copy.jpg.8b9ad657c57e488ab8d0b4e39adeba53.jpg

Archived