IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

southvillekiddy

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

Can someone please enlighten me. Is Kasey Palmer another case of a flair player not fitting in at City or is there genuinely something he has not yet learnt to do as a footballer.

The sad thing is, when I see he's coming on, my heart sinks. You just know he won't get with the pace of the game, and his talent won't outshine his proneness to sloppy errors.

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Can someone please enlighten me. Is Kasey Palmer another case of a flair player not fitting in at City or is there genuinely something he has not yet learnt to do as a footballer.

We’ve changed the way we play since Sept, and he’s lost form.

There’s a player in there imho.

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

Like Wells said , you need to start to find your way. Coming on as a sub is difficult if you or your teammates don’t know how to play you .

I still believe that KP has a lot to offer and am a bit dismayed that we’ve not been able to maximise his talent.

I hoped we’d build the team around him. 

1 minute ago, Negan said:

He should be in a team that play free flowing, on the floor, attacking football. Instead he’s here, where we hoof it and rely heavily on counter attacks. He will never fit in and flourish under the current set up, so a complete waste of talent and wage. 

So he's too one-dimensional? Lacks adaptability?

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Like Wells said , you need to start to find your way. Coming on as a sub is difficult if you or your teammates don’t know how to play you .

I still believe that KP has a lot to offer and am a bit dismayed that we’ve not been able to maximise his talent.

I hoped we’d build the team around him. 

Building a team around one player would be a mistake I reckon. Build a team that works as a team 

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Okay mate. But surely it would help if he started regularly. I thought the story was that he needed a certain type of striker. Does Wells not fit the bill?

It might help but if he doesn’t show enough then he isn’t going to get in. We cannot start him for a five games in the hope he improves at this stage of the season. 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

So he's too one-dimensional? Lacks adaptability?

Possibly. As are most of the players outside of the premier league. When you sign a player like Palmer you know what you’re getting, so you better have the right players around him and play a style that suits. If you put Palmer in that Leeds side yesterday he would of destroyed us. Put him in our team from the start and you may as well play with 10 men.. 

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Possibly. As are most of the players outside of the premier league. When you sign a player like Palmer you know what you’re getting, so you better have the right players around him and play a style that suits. If you put Palmer in that Leeds side yesterday he would of destroyed us. Put him in our team from the start and you may as well play with 10 men.. 

Bielsa wouldn’t sign him in a million years

Most players outside the Prem are one dimensional? I’ve have to massively disagree here. 

1 minute ago, Negan said:

No he wouldn’t, that wasn’t the point I was making though was it. 

No , but it’s relevant

You (ie player) work yer cobblers off And buy into the plan / system or forget it

I like that

Palmer , seems a nice lad , but for all his ‘talent’ ( some real ‘flashes’) doesn’t have the discipline / game awareness or industry to get anywhere near Bielsa’s Leeds

For me , he’s a ‘ cream on the cake’  player , who would be a nice addition if you are bossing games week in , week out ,

We aren't that side

In moments he can look too good for this level , but his overall game awareness and understanding are way short

Mowbray is no mug and didn’t take to him

Its down to HIM to force a place and he’s simply not done or doing that - he may yet but he’s been around a bit and his career and cameos to date don’t inspire confidence that will be so (IMHO)

I remember when we played a high press possession/passing game. Complete turn around now to a direct counter attacking team that rarely string more than 5 passes together. Whatever you think of the relative merits /results /aesthetics it’s strange that a manager should completely change philosophy in such a short period of time

4 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I remember when we played a high press possession/passing game. Complete turn around now to a direct counter attacking team that rarely string more than 5 passes together. Whatever you think of the relative merits /results /aesthetics it’s strange that a manager should completely change philosophy in such a short period of time

A 3 month period , and over two years ago

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , but it’s relevant

You (ie player) work yer cobblers off And buy into the plan / system or forget it

I like that

Palmer , seems a nice lad , but for all his ‘talent’ ( some real ‘flashes’) doesn’t have the discipline / game awareness or industry to get anywhere near Bielsa’s Leeds

For me , he’s a ‘ cream on the cake’  player , who would be a nice addition if you are bossing games week in , week out ,

We aren't that side

In moments he can look too good for this level , but his overall game awareness and understanding are way short

Mowbray is no mug and didn’t take to him

Its down to HIM to force a place and he’s simply not done or doing that - he may yet but he’s been around a bit and his career and cameos to date don’t inspire confidence that will be so (IMHO)

You’ve taken what I said too literally, and then made the exact point I was making. I wasn’t saying Palmer is good enough for Leeds, or that Bielsa would sign him. I was saying in that Leeds side he would be a better player than he would of been in our side yesterday. They were on the front foot, bossing the game and having the majority of the possession. It wouldn’t have mattered if it were Leeds or Barnsley that played like that against us yesterday, Palmer is suited to that style of play and not ours. 

You’ve taken what I said too literally, and then made the exact point I was making. I wasn’t saying Palmer is good enough for Leeds, or that Bielsa would sign him. I was saying in that Leeds side he would be a better player than he would of been in our side yesterday. They were on the front foot, bossing the game and having the majority of the possession. It wouldn’t have mattered if it were Leeds or Barnsley that played like that against us yesterday, Palmer is suited to that style of play and not ours. 

Suited to Leeds style of play ? 

Not sure you get Bielsa , & we are going around in circles but he wouldn’t look better in Leeds side as he’d get nowhere near it , that’s the point !

6 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

palmer cost 4 million pound which is a big transfer fee for bristol city, with his wages it is becoming one of the worst deals in the clubs history

When you think we let a far better and more creative player go to Cardiff for half the price it makes you weep, player of the season for them according to my Cardiff workmate

26 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I have my doubts that he would want to sign any of our players. 

Bentley and........................Benkovic perhaps given he’s a £13m player? He might also feel he could get a decent tune out of Elliasson. Nobody else. But Leeds are a better side than us so no surprise there.

40 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We were playing so much better before he came on. He was very poor.

“So much better”?  Than what?

We were pretty poor all game....as bad as I’ve seen us all season.  We had a “better” (relative) spell 10 minutes before h-t, and first 15 minutes of second half, but still no better than Leeds, who continued to pick us apart.  The last 30 minutes, coupled with the switch to 532 didn’t work.  Palmer was no better or worse than anyone else in that period....the game bypassed several players yesterday.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Suited to Leeds style of play ? 

Not sure you get Bielsa , & we are going around in circles but he wouldn’t look better in Leeds side as he’d get nowhere near it , that’s the point !

Yes he would look better in that Leeds side. He’d be a whole lot better in a team that keeps the ball, has wingers constantly on the attack and players making the correct runs, all of which Leeds do and did for 90 minutes yesterday. Regardless of whether or not he’d get in the side is not the point I’m making but you’ve missed that point. I can’t be bothered to explain something so simple again so carry on. 

Archived