IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

southvillekiddy

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I do wonder if there was a bit of pressure to sign him because of the good PR it would generate. We probably knew that people like Kelly and Webster were off. Palmer was a fan's favourite and signing him would help ease fan concerns and help ST sales. 

If this is anyway true we really are clueless

3 1/2 million on some PR exercise ?

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If this is anyway true we really are clueless

3 1/2 million on some PR exercise ?

I hope it's not true, I also think Palmer is a good player. I think there would be a temptation to bring him in to appease fans, there's history with that (Tomlin).. going further back marquee signings like David James and Marcus Stewart etc.

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers Glyn - after all my pontificating on here about spelling I make that balls up! ?? - incidentally, why does your forum name not have a capital letter at the start of both first name and surname of my second fave player ever?!

You missed out that there is no space beteween the two names either.

It's a forum handle, not my actual name.

Nice try though.

On 16/02/2020 at 14:09, Negan said:

He should be in a team that play free flowing, on the floor, attacking football. Instead he’s here, where we hoof it and rely heavily on counter attacks. He will never fit in and flourish under the current set up, so a complete waste of talent and wage. 

Bet he would look good in that Leeds team.

3 hours ago, cider-manc said:

3-5-2 with an Afobe type striker suits KP and will see you get the best of him. Likewise, I believe this formation also gets the best out of Massengo. 

We moved away from this formation when Afobe got injured, imo the business we did in January is looking to move back towards that formation at some point.

Accusations that he is lazy are misinformed - Positional sense is suspect and he definitely tackles like a forward, but he still chases back and attempts to press. 

The lad has only just turned 23, (could also be mentally suffering after his close mate lost a young child) but lets write him off entirely.

Well said...

One of the reasons we look so shaky defending a lead with 15 mins to go, is that most of our players take to just punting a clearance into the opposition half to nobody in particular, which then results in the opposition coming right back at us as we sit deeper and deeper.

At least KP always tries to retain possession and pass to a teammate (doesn't always come off granted), but that is so much better than the schoolboy defending described above. I'd like to see KP get more game time.

I keep using these as a source for information recently, you'd think they were paying me, but I was surprised to see Whoscored actually have one of Palmers strengths down as having a good defensive contribution, they list one of his weaknesses as 'holding onto the ball' 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/315544/Show/Kasey-Palmer

I quite like Palmer, I hope we persevere with him. His style of play doesn't really compliment a player like Diedhiou, which is why I found it strange we bought both of them on at Leeds.

If at any point in the near future Fam loses a bit of form, I'd really like to see him come into the team & see if he can build a similar partnership with Wells, like he did with Afobe.

Archived