IGNORED

Well said Lucy

Eddie Notgetinya

11 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

I travel from minehead, hour and a half each way, occasionally more in august time with those bloomin' holiday makers travelling up and down the m5 

I travel that way a lot for work and that stretch between Minehead and Williton and then picking your way across Taunton can be hell sometimes. I  do wonder occasionally if would be quicker to go Wheddon Cross way and get on the A361 at Tiverton! 

I`m sure you`ve had many happy experiences of two lorries meeting on the bend in Washford!

42 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I travel that way a lot for work and that stretch between Minehead and Williton and then picking your way across Taunton can be hell sometimes. I  do wonder occasionally if would be quicker to go Wheddon Cross way and get on the A361 at Tiverton! 

I`m sure you`ve had many happy experiences of two lorries meeting on the bend in Washford!

No certainly not quicker going over the top via Tiverton but usually quicker or not as slow would be a better way to put it, to go via Bridgwater not Taunton. 

Although having said that, having done the trip for all my early years watching City, I haven't done it for years and maybe with Hinkley C being built it isn't as quick, always used to be.

Have you used the newish road that takes you across Taunton from Dunelm before you get to the cricket ground al the way to Stapegrove road? 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

No certainly not quicker going over the top via Tiverton but usually quicker or not as slow would be a better way to put it, to go via Bridgwater not Taunton. 

Although having said that, having done the trip for all my early years watching City, I haven't done it for years and maybe with Hinkley C being built it isn't as quick, always used to be.

Have you used the newish road that takes you across Taunton from Dunelm before you get to the cricket ground al the way to Stapegrove road? 

Not a bad road to Bridgwater and Hinkley`s not made a huge difference and you can now cut across to the M5 at Puriton without having to go through Bridgwater. If I was going from Minehead to Bristol I`d definitely go that way as I`m sure @bissellredhead does.

I`m usually heading for Yeovil or somewhere though on a Wednesday afternoon! For City games it`s up the A30 and M5 from Cornwall.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not a bad road to Bridgwater and Hinkley`s not made a huge difference and you can now cut across to the M5 at Puriton without having to go through Bridgwater. If I was going from Minehead to Bristol I`d definitely go that way as I`m sure @bissellredhead does.

I`m usually heading for Yeovil or somewhere though on a Wednesday afternoon! For City games it`s up the A30 and M5 from Cornwall.

Oh right, I still go to Minehead regularly but from South Devon, I occasionally go over the top via Tivvy but it's a road better for knowing and you can feel a bit travel sick by the time you get the other side.

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No, I'm with Oscar.

I feel that my club that I have supported since 1979 has quietly sickened and died.

The only things Bristol about Bristol City today are the location and the fanbase.

The whole of the first team couldn't have found Bristol on a map prior to signing their lucrative contracts.

Why does this matter? We’ve had Bristolians leave for more lucrative contracts in very recent history 

11 hours ago, RedM said:

A great read, and it just enforces what an absolutely wonderful person Scotty is. We cant be doing anything that bad if people like him want to be part of our club

Absolutely agree, this was a wonderful read, beautifully written.

Once again, Scott Murray steps in and this man is more than a legend in my eyes. What he does for the community is unbelievable, I would really love him to receive an award for all that he does. 

Archived