IGNORED

Crowd for Albion

MattWSM

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Email just received from the club says over 22k tickets sold.  I was expecting a near sell out for this one. 

It was 22k a few days ago.

I think there's around 700 seats left - not sure how that relates to the attendance tomorrow but I'd guess it to be 23k+.

Thinking about this a bit more, I think the club could be more innovative in encouraging new support.

For example, people signing up for a Bristol Sport ticketing account for the first time could get their first match for £10, their second for £20, then pay ordinary price thereafter.

It would enable City to grow their database, send emails etc, and gives potential new fans an affordable route in which might be enough for them to catch the bug.

Appreciate there are sometimes offers but they tend to be match-specific, or rely on new fans knowing an existing STH.

£32 for a seat in the corner for second tier football would be enough to put many curious or half-interested potential fans off.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Well, that's what they say !

You know what they say about what they say. I think it's like @weepywall says - otherwise they'd be creaming themselves and quoting 'sellout' in the headline. It would help nif they quoted how many home tickets are available though, if only to avoid POTD issues.

34 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You know what they say about what they say. I think it's like @weepywall says - otherwise they'd be creaming themselves and quoting 'sellout' in the headline. It would help nif they quoted how many home tickets are available though, if only to avoid POTD issues.

creaming themselves

:laugh:

such an expression 

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm sure they haven't sold 23k HOME tickets, but it's pretty pathetic writing by someone to actually put that!

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Email just received from the club says over 22k tickets sold.  I was expecting a near sell out for this one. 

You’re not going to interest many at £30-£40 a ticket. 

It’s okay if you’re a ST, or know anybody that has a spare one for a game. But the match day prices are pretty steep.

7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You’re not going to interest many at £30-£40 a ticket. 

It’s okay if you’re a ST, or know anybody that has a spare one for a game. But the match day prices are pretty steep.

To me, the price ot watching football seems extortionate too Lew, but equally, it's a case of supply and demand and since we are averaging well over 20k per game, I guess that equates.  I do agree that single match pricing is too high though and discourages potential new uptake.

My suggested approach would be to discount seats with limited views along with perhaps the front row or two where you can see little of what is going on.  Another might be to offer 2 or 3 game discounts, e.g. £35 for 1, £60 for 2 & £75 for 3.  The problem with this though is that too many variables can just make things complicated and confusing.

Of course, if the ground was bigger, then the club might be in a position to encourage new uptake more and I look forward to the days when the South Stand gets a second tier and the Atyeo is rebuilt to join onto the rest of the stadium with a full house supporting top tier football.

Just as a comparison & one that I often make regarding price... if I woke up today and fancied buying a ticket to watch the Book of Mormon at the Hippodrome, today,  then the ticket options appear to be £32, £52, £60 or £80 options. 

I paid £97 for my ticket to see the Killers in June. 

Today, my ST ticket has cost me £18 I think. If I didn’t have an ST, I could get one today for £32 (£27 if I had previously shown enough interest to but a membership) if I wanted a “top seat” I guess it would cost me £42..? That would be my choice to select that price level though. 

Basically, live entertainment is expensive, I agree - but it’s not just football and certainly not just BCFC. 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just as a comparison & one that I often make regarding price... if I woke up today and fancied buying a ticket to watch the Book of Mormon at the Hippodrome, today,  then the ticket options appear to be £32, £52, £60 or £80 options. 

I paid £97 for my ticket to see the Killers in June. 

Today, my ST ticket has cost me £18 I think. If I didn’t have an ST, I could get one today for £32 (£27 if I had previously shown enough interest to but a membership) if I wanted a “top seat” I guess it would cost me £42..? That would be my choice to select that price level though. 

Basically, live entertainment is expensive, I agree - but it’s not just football and certainly not just BCFC. 

Equally, we can't complain that the prices are to high and then moan about the fact that we can't sign a £15m striker, can we.

Archived