IGNORED

The original duo

Shtanley

Of me and Joe were on the newest episode of OSIB, just went out. 

We discuss Derby, Leeds and the KIT announcements this week.

Follow us on Social media (@osibpodcast) and give us a review on iTunes.

Listen on iTunes

Listen on Libsyn

As always we're keen to hear people's thoughts on the topics discussed and the opinions dished out xx

Cheers for listening!

22 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Of me and Joe were on the newest episode of OSIB, just went out. 

We discuss Derby, Leeds and the KIT announcements this week.

Follow us on Social media (@osibpodcast) and give us a review on iTunes.

Listen on iTunes

Listen on Libsyn

As always we're keen to hear people's thoughts on the topics discussed and the opinions dished out xx

Cheers for listening!

Good listen as always.  Thought Oscar from Leeds was good (not our Oscar!!)

Sorry @Shtanley, I'm calling you out on Semenyo/Massengo hypocrisy! You can't support one underperforming starlet, then deride another. I thought you of all people, would join me in defending our gallic cherub through thick and thin.

Re Oscar's article, I think you summarised well that whilst we might not all agree with his sentiment, it was a brave piece, and also I'd say it got a really interesting debate going which is a good thing. Bravo Oscar.

Hi @Shtanley - you're doing a great job with OSIB and I'm really enjoying it.  Just one comment, meant in the most constructive spirit possible - personally I think 90 minute episodes are a bit too long.  For me that means I normally need to break up my listening into 2-3 separate occasions , which often means I struggle to get through an entire episode before the next one is out.  It strikes me that most podcasts are under an hour long.

I may be in a minority here but just wondered if reducing the length slightly might actually make the podcast even more popular.

Just to reiterate I really don't want to sound critical because I think it's great.

46 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hi @Shtanley - you're doing a great job with OSIB and I'm really enjoying it.  Just one comment, meant in the most constructive spirit possible - personally I think 90 minute episodes are a bit too long.  For me that means I normally need to break up my listening into 2-3 separate occasions , which often means I struggle to get through an entire episode before the next one is out.  It strikes me that most podcasts are under an hour long.

I may be in a minority here but just wondered if reducing the length slightly might actually make the podcast even more popular.

Just to reiterate I really don't want to sound critical because I think it's great.

I usually listen to it in stages, very rarely in one go unless I'm on the coach to Bristol. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

ChipRed, I disagree with you here. Just press pause buddy!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

45 minutes to Swindon, so do half on the way, half on the way back. Monday is OSIB, Tues am is Sound of the City, tues pm is Makem Takem (Basketball), Wednesday is Peter Crouch if weekly. 

Don't forget the Gary Barlow podcast Fevs!

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Sorry @Shtanley, I'm calling you out on Semenyo/Massengo hypocrisy! You can't support one underperforming starlet, then deride another. I thought you of all people, would join me in defending our gallic cherub through thick and thin.

Re Oscar's article, I think you summarised well that whilst we might not all agree with his sentiment, it was a brave piece, and also I'd say it got a really interesting debate going which is a good thing. Bravo Oscar.

Thought they were pretty spot on. Both have shown promise but haven’t quite looked up to it, yet Semenyo rightfully got loaned out but Massengo is still here when we have Walsh and Morrell out on loan who look like they would offer far more. Agree with the comments that he is not too good to be loaned out, and it looks like he really needs it and would benefit from it like other loanees have. 

Really enjoying the podcast @Shtanley.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

It's academy player bias.

If Massengo becomes a home-grown player next season like some reckon he will, then he'll suddenly be supported in a similarly overzealous manner like Semenyo was. 

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Thought they were pretty spot on. Both have shown promise but haven’t quite looked up to it, yet Semenyo rightfully got loaned out but Massengo is still here when we have Walsh and Morrell out on loan who look like they would offer far more. Agree with the comments that he is not too good to be loaned out, and it looks like he really needs it and would benefit from it like other loanees have. 

Really enjoying the podcast @Shtanley.

I'm the Massengo fanboy and I won't listen to sense.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

If Massengo becomes a home-grown player next season like some reckon he will, then he'll suddenly be supported in a similarly overzealous manner like Semenyo was. 

I'll keep a fan club badge and welcome pack for you for when you're ready ?

17 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

As per the rules he will be a bonafide Club Developed player next season. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

@Shtanley

I disagree, sorry CR. 

Think 90 minutes is the perfect length to get through everything. Particularly this week it felt like there was loads to talk about and trying to fit it in any less time would have felt rushed.

@Davefevs is spot on - it's perfect listening for a 45 minute commute.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course, but it’s finding the time to listen to a whole 90 minutes each week. Often I don’t manage it. Personally I think the sweet spot is around an hour, but I appreciate it depends on the individual and their circumstances.

It's a good point. Lots of the BBC sport podcasts (such as the Steve Bunce boxing podcast) are fairly short, often between 25-45 minutes. I think between 45-60 minutes is probably about right.

1 hour ago, Gratbot said:

@Shtanley

I disagree, sorry CR. 

Think 90 minutes is the perfect length to get through everything. Particularly this week it felt like there was loads to talk about and trying to fit it in any less time would have felt rushed.

@Davefevs is spot on - it's perfect listening for a 45 minute commute.

I think 90 minutes is just right. As you say, sometimes there is a lot to talk about.

Seems the episode length issue splits opinion roughly down the middle.

The only thing I would add is that those happy with 90 minutes would still listen if it was an hour, whereas some might be put off altogether if they consider it too long. So if the aim is to grow the listenership, a less demanding amount of time might help. Just my thoughts.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Seems the episode length issue splits opinion roughly down the middle.

The only thing I would add is that those happy with 90 minutes would still listen if it was an hour, whereas some might be put off altogether if they consider it too long. So if the aim is to grow the listenership, a less demanding amount of time might help. Just my thoughts.

I'd rather it was full of quality content than rushed and things cut out. I just listen to it in two or three parts if I can't fit it in in one go.

Archived