IGNORED

Away at second in the table

cheshire_red

Getting well beaten at half time, not really in the game, mistakes a plenty, finding difficulties getting out of own half and when it happens give up possession far too easily. 

Half time, change the tactics, make a couple of substitutions, give the players confidence, rallying call, believe in yourselves and each other. 

Second half dominance, take the game to the opposition who now under pressure start making mistakes, win the game and take the points, now up to fourth. 

It could have been City but it was Bears. 

36 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Getting well beaten at half time, not really in the game, mistakes a plenty, finding difficulties getting out of own half and when it happens give up possession far too easily. 

Half time, change the tactics, make a couple of substitutions, give the players confidence, rallying call, believe in yourselves and each other. 

Second half dominance, take the game to the opposition who now under pressure start making mistakes, win the game and take the points, now up to fourth. 

It could have been City but it was Bears. 

Both the rugby teams were able to dominate when playing with the wind. The bears come back was great, but was largely aided by the wind. Same as England vs Scotland last week. That wasn’t possible in the football against Leeds because a) football is less prone to the elements and b) neither side got an advantage from the weather yesterday. 

31 minutes ago, kevster3 said:

Why is this on football forum

You know why

To highlight the difference a top coach can make....a coach who has played at international level and who has a successful track record coaching in the top leagues. A proven winner. 

Bristol were going nowhere under the previous coach ( so forgettable I can't remember his name - the ex England bloke), stuck in the Championship for years and bottling the play offs every season, same old excuses every year but loyally kept on by Lansdown........until he finally saw the light and hired a top coach. A top coach who has transformed the club. A top 6 finish looks on in their 2nd Premiership season and with Saracens demoted I can see Bristol winning the league maybe even next year if they keep hold of Lam.

If you want to aspire to success in the top league of your sport -  hire a top coach with a proven record and he will deliver.    Simple.

Meanwhile we have LJ,  who giggles a lot.

33 minutes ago, kevster3 said:

Why is this on football forum

So a load of people can have yet another tedious dig at a manager who has us 3 points off third place, has won four out of the last six, but had the temerity to lose away at second in the table. 

Keep up, it's obvious and entirely reasonable and logical. 

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

You know why

To highlight the difference a top coach can make....a coach who has played at international level and who has a successful track record coaching in the top leagues. A proven winner. 

Bristol were going nowhere under the previous coach ( so forgettable I can't remember his name - the ex England bloke), stuck in the Championship for years and bottling the play offs every season, same old excuses every year but loyally kept on by Lansdown........until he finally saw the light and hired a top coach. A top coach who has transformed the club. A top 6 finish looks on in their 2nd Premiership season and with Saracens demoted I can see Bristol winning the league maybe even next year if they keep hold of Lam.

If you want to aspire to success in the top league of your sport -  hire a top coach with a proven record and he will deliver.    Simple.

Entirely different sport CR, even the ball is a different shape and coaches with an impressive CV don’t always guarantee success. Look at Mourinho or Van Haal at Man Utd.

10 minutes ago, jonb said:

So a load of people can have yet another tedious dig at a manager who has us 3 points off third place, has won four out of the last six, but had the temerity to lose away at second in the table. 

Keep up, it's obvious and entirely reasonable and logical. 

Hey, we all think differently but weve also had yet another losing streak, got beaten by Shrewsbury in the cup, then signed a 4 million striker and left him on the bench for his home debut when we had an out of form striker starting, and got a heavy home defeat at the same time. 

after 4 years of continuous improvement in league position people have the right to question how the team is performing when simple mistakes keep being made.

36 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

You know why

Meanwhile we have LJ,  who giggles a lot.

The league position is irrelevant, its the fact that he cannot motivate the players, the fact that he hasn't a clue of how to play against certain teams, the fact of 8 wins out of 25 in front of his home crowd, its the fact of the of only having 30% procession each game, it's the fact of hardly being able to muster a shot on target unless it's from a set piece, its the fact of generally woeful performances, it's the fact that most other supporters see us as long ball merchants and its the fact of even a blind man being able to see that we are in a false position, I could go on. 

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

The league position is irrelevant, its the fact that he cannot motivate the players, the fact that he hasn't a clue of how to play against certain teams, the fact of 8 wins out of 25 in front of his home crowd, its the fact of the of only having 30% procession each game, it's the fact of hardly being able to muster a shot on target unless it's from a set piece, its the fact of generally woeful performances, it's the fact that most other supporters see us as long ball merchants and its the fact of even a blind man being able to see that we are in a false position, I could go on. 

I guess you don’t rate LJ then?....................:rofl2br:

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

after 4 years of continuous improvement in league position people have the right to question how the team is performing when simple mistakes keep being made.

I don't think anyone would dispute that...it's just that it is getting more  a little tedious when almost every thread on here descends, within three or four posts, into an LJ bashing session, and many posts are started simply with that intention. And people can't wait to do it....a great run of 4/5 wins, and then a single 0-1 defeat at one of the division's top teams, and in everyone piles in again. It's not really constructive, there's nothing new in it, and it's just getting tedious.

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

Somehow, I don't think you'd be saying that if we were playing exciting possession based football and sitting in the bottom half of the table.

I'd love us to be playing like Liverpool and top of the league....so would every fan of every club. I ain't going to happen. If you accept that you need to compromise, which would you prefer...the league position or the attractiveness of the football (which, incidentally, I don't accept is as bad as some on here make out)?

And, at this stage of the season, trying to claim we're in a false position is really clutching at straws. 

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

A top coach who has transformed the club. A top 6 finish looks on in their 2nd Premiership season and with Saracens demoted I can see Bristol winning the league maybe even next year if they keep hold of Lam.

Indeed. And not just a top coach but, crucially, one who commands respect.

Its amazing how a topic on OTIB can be 'subtly' changed into yet another LJ bashing. We will be seeing this tactic soon in all walks of life.

"My dog's got no nose."

"How does he smell?"

"LJ Out."

Ps, I saw the last 3 mins. Even then there was controversy but the players didn't argue with the ref.

After 80 mins had been played, Brizz kicked the ball into touch from a free kick to end the match. However, the ref noticed the kicking tee was already on the pitch which meant that The Bears had to kick for goal.

Fans had by this time already had started to leave. Another minute or two was wasted whilst the kicker prepared to get a conversion. Had he hit the post, a Northampton player could've caught it and then set up a try for them!

SL must be pleased to see his investment is working for both clubs especially if we get promoted in May.

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Hey, we all think differently but weve also had yet another losing streak, got beaten by Shrewsbury in the cup, then signed a 4 million striker and left him on the bench for his home debut when we had an out of form striker starting, and got a heavy home defeat at the same time. 

We'd won four games in a row ahead of the Birmingham game. It was a disappointing result but it seems a bit weird to criticise the manager for not making changes to a winning team. 

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

In that case why would we sign 3 new players in the transfer window? 

To strengthen the squad and presumably start them in the long-term. But, whilst the fact we lost makes it the wrong decision in retrospect, not making changes to a winning team after four game run of wins and clean sheets was nowhere near as irrational as a decision as your post made out. 

41 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

In that case why would we sign 3 new players in the transfer window? 

It's pretty obvious...

28 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To strengthen the squad and presumably start them in the long-term. But, whilst the fact we lost makes it the wrong decision in retrospect, not making changes to a winning team after four game run of wins and clean sheets was nowhere near as irrational as a decision as your post made out. 

LJ very often has me scratching my head with his tactics but while he is in charge, we have no choice but to support the team he picks. I do wonder however if selecting a 'top' coach would make the difference. Its all very well signing top quality International players to our ranks but maybe investing in a top quality coach to train them would advance us that bit further. Im sure some of the players are earning more than the manager. Is that right in todays game. I also know there is no vacancy here but whenever there is, all we hear about top coaches is "They wont come here". They would if we paid them the going rate .

Archived