IGNORED

Music Bristol City have run out to

joeheadland1

9 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Should return to this , everything else since just kills the pre mat h atmosphere at least this was unique to us.

I actually think OFTBC is pretty bad. Cheesy, hardly anthemic (our fans don't sing it) and sounds very dated. Other clubs use unique songs like this but actually sing along to them - Z Cars, The Liquidator etc. If it were up to be I'd sack it off and try and find something else. 

42 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I actually think OFTBC is pretty bad. Cheesy, hardly anthemic (our fans don't sing it) and sounds very dated. Other clubs use unique songs like this but actually sing along to them - Z Cars, The Liquidator etc. If it were up to be I'd sack it off and try and find something else. 

I always sing it, and those around me. I'm pretty sure Everton have some cheesy song that they walk out to

As mentioned above Red Red Robin by Al Jolson was the traditional tune played when the team ran out on to the pitch.  

I can certainly remember it being played mid 60s and believe it was played  as far back as the 50s as well, although would need older fans to corroborate that. 

9 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

We ran out to some strange piano music a lot in the 80s.

I recall us running out to republica, sadly too ready too go.

Best run out music, london calling by the clash at millwall.

Into the Valley - The Skids - Charlton Athletic - class ... and don’t Fulham run out to London Calling? Largely because of the “I live by the river...” line? I thought Millwall enter the field of play to “Let em come...”?!

2 hours ago, Malago said:

As mentioned above Red Red Robin by Al Jolson was the traditional tune played when the team ran out on to the pitch.  

I can certainly remember it being played mid 60s and believe it was played  as far back as the 50s as well, although would need older fans to corroborate that. 

I can remember that one being played so must have carried on to the 70's.

Going back to the Russ Conway version I don't know if he performed it specifically for BCFC as he was local, it wasn't released as a single as far as I'm aware. The "Robins" nickname was used a lot more in those days, I can remember fans chanting "Come on you Robins" (sounds quite quaint now)

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Could be a bit wrong on the rough seasons, but off the top of my head since I've been going regularly..

2004? - 2005ish (post away fixture only) - Boys are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy

2005 (probably before that too, but that's when I started watching games) - 2006 - One for the Bristol City (Original Mix) - The Wurzels

2006 - 2019 - William Tell Overture (Horn introduction only) into One For the Bristol City - The Wurzels (2006? mix)

2019 - Present - Galvanize - Chemical Brothers into Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes (Which I will add is the worst introduction music we've ever had. Nice work Kevin Mincher)

@Tim S - think that's about right but might have differed slightly over the years. 

I don't think they played the new version of OFTBC until we moved to the SS, I think they played it a few times but I complained to whoever played the tunes (probably after Tims Shires) because it sounded wrong, plus it mentioned Gary J, who wasn't our manager at the time. They soon stopped it and played the proper version again

12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’m with you with White Stripes. I don’t care if the players chose it or not. 

Seven Nation Army is a rousing enough tune, however the problem I have is that the loop they play of the bass intro has been edited by some amateur, the end of the fourth bar is cut short and the whole thing is therefore out of time.

Mentioned it once before on here I think, but can I seriously be the only one who has noticed this??!

It sounds like a child has done it on their phone (would be pretty much impossible to make such a bad edit if using professional software). I don't imagine such a shitshow could have taken place in the Tim Shires days.

So anyway, just me then? 

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Into the Valley - The Skids - Charlton Athletic - class ... and don’t Fulham run out to London Calling? Largely because of the “I live by the river...” line? I thought Millwall enter the field of play to “Let em come...”?!

White Riot at Swansea was just about as punk rock as it gets. 

3 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Seven Nation Army is a rousing enough tune, however the problem I have is that the loop they play of the bass intro has been edited by some amateur, the end of the fourth bar is cut short and the whole thing is therefore out of time.

Mentioned it once before on here I think, but can I seriously be the only one who has noticed this??!

It sounds like a child has done it on their phone (would be pretty much impossible to make such a bad edit if using professional software). I don't imagine such a shitshow could have taken place in the Tim Shires days.

So anyway, just me then? 

White Riot at Swansea was just about as punk rock as it gets. 

I keep trying to listen to it but the last two games I've been distracted by my steak n ale pie. I'll listen out to it on Saturday!

Archived