IGNORED

Huddersfield Away

Tankhead12345

8 hours ago, MattWSM said:

whats the definition of a plastic pls? :)

That's easy. it's the huge amount of global fans we have that only follow us because of our huge dominance and copious amounts of trophies each year. Either that or fans like myself who can't make every game because of other commitments so aren't as superior.

22 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

That's easy. it's the huge amount of global fans we have that only follow us because of our huge dominance and copious amounts of trophies each year. Either that or fans like myself who can't make every game because of other commitments so aren't as superior.

or skint

13 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Can’t see many plastics going. 200 - 300 tops.

Plastics :laugh:

To me, a 'plastic' is somebody who supports a club, who they would otherwise have no connection with at all, purely because of historical or current success. 

I'm going to guess that little old Bristol City do have have one single fan who only supports us because of our success :laugh:

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

And some comedians wonder if Lj is good enough for 'Our club' 

We have possibly (Probably) the best away team since the mid 70s anyone read the West Brom away post on here and the manager will look to the away fans on Tuesday and say 'where' s their taxi? '

Harsh..3 home games in just over 2 weeks, big followings at QPR and Reading recently, good  numbers at Leeds at £40 a ticket, Millwall coming up, cant have a go at anyone not going to Huddersfield on a Tuesday night, 200 advance sells is pretty good In my opinion.

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

And some comedians wonder if Lj is good enough for 'Our club' 

We have possibly (Probably) the best away team since the mid 70s anyone read the West Brom away post on here and the manager will look to the away fans on Tuesday and say 'where' s their taxi? '

Not sure how many you think we should be taking to Huddersfield midweek. 500 will be a very good effort. Not sure why you are so obsessed over numbers.

You guys are right in many ways and cost us a big factor though nothing compared to the 'easy option' of watching on a screen somewhere. 

When I were a lad (blah blah..) the latter option wasn't available:you took time off work, save a few quid and went to watch the Reds. My point is more about we are doing so well and being so successful these seasons,  that in some ways I'd rather there wasn't the easy option and we'd have greater numbers actually supporting the team. 

To the point about me being obsessed with numbers:again you are right, u am. Football is all about numbers; goals, points transfer fees, crowds, away support etc. 

CoYRs

9 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

You guys are right in many ways and cost us a big factor though nothing compared to the 'easy option' of watching on a screen somewhere. 

When I were a lad (blah blah..) the latter option wasn't available:you took time off work, save a few quid and went to watch the Reds. My point is more about we are doing so well and being so successful these seasons,  that in some ways I'd rather there wasn't the easy option and we'd have greater numbers actually supporting the team. 

To the point about me being obsessed with numbers:again you are right, u am. Football is all about numbers; goals, points transfer fees, crowds, away support etc. 

CoYRs

away support is not about numbers.

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

CoYRs

I absolutely agree that I wish there weren’t so many viewing options, outside of going to the game. 
It’s killing the game!

Every single fixture, even home games, you see posts on here and all over social media “any streams” etc. 

I appreciate that people can’t get to every game, but it’s just too easy not to bother nowadays. 
I’d swap missing any game I can’t attend, for it being the only way of watching, all day long. 
Maybe the odd (OCCASIONAL) “treat” of the novelty of a televised game, but not 1 in 4 bloody games being broadcast live, with most others available via some steam or other. 
Rant over! 

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I absolutely agree that I wish there weren’t so many viewing options, outside of going to the game. 
It’s killing the game!

Every single fixture, even home games, you see posts on here and all over social media “any streams” etc. 

I appreciate that people can’t get to every game, but it’s just too easy not to bother nowadays. 
I’d swap missing any game I can’t attend, for it being the only way of watching, all day long. 
Maybe the odd (OCCASIONAL) “treat” of the novelty of a televised game, but not 1 in 4 bloody games being broadcast live, with most others available via some steam or other. 
Rant over! 

It is crazy to think I’ve watched 31 out of 33 city games this season but attended 12.  For people with young kids, like myself, it’s amazing. I work away a lot in the week and so then can be away from 1pm till 6pm on a Saturday. Get to as many games as I can but then can still watch my team on a good stream online. 

Its great. And wouldn’t say it’s killing the game unless you can point to a drop in attendances 

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It is crazy to think I’ve watched 31 out of 33 city games this season but attended 12.  For people with young kids, like myself, it’s amazing. I work away a lot in the week and so then can be away from 1pm till 6pm on a Saturday. Get to as many games as I can but then can still watch my team on a good stream online. 

Its great. And wouldn’t say it’s killing the game unless you can point to a drop in attendances 

That is the bizarre thing. Our attendances higher than in most supporters’ memory! 

It makes you wonder what they might be otherwise. 
I think it certainly effects away followings. 

The coverage of league One games must be even more prolific, to be keeping all the Rovers fans away. 

On 17/02/2020 at 22:55, Loosey Boy said:

First visit for me - looking forward to it......subject to us getting three points of course ?

I went there for my first visit a few years ago when City won 2-1. The ground is not too far from the railway. 

Walking down Gasworks lane towards the ground "The Gas Club" was on the left. The general public were allowed in for a small fee and the beer was cheaper than most pubs.

On my visit it had been a very cold and wet day. Coming out of the ground a one of the food & drink stalls I was able to get a large hot chocolate for two quid.

26 minutes ago, 22A said:

I went there for my first visit a few years ago when City won 2-1. The ground is not too far from the railway. 

Walking down Gasworks lane towards the ground "The Gas Club" was on the left. The general public were allowed in for a small fee and the beer was cheaper than most pubs.

On my visit it had been a very cold and wet day. Coming out of the ground a one of the food & drink stalls I was able to get a large hot chocolate for two quid.

How long does it take to walk to the ground from the train station??

I'll be driving over after I finish work at 15:00 only an hour half journey for me

9 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

How long does it take to walk to the ground from the train station??

10 / 15 Minutes mate it's not far. There is a Spoons in the town center which I imagine if you're not wearing a City top you'll be fine and the away put is on Gasworks Street ? Which is only a stones throw away from the ground

Archived