Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

mozo

How The Flip Do We Beat WBA?!

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Read that WBA have  started playing 4-3-3. Dunno if it's temporary. 

Strong midfield as others say. Livermore and Sawyers, Krovinovic can come inside, Pereira AND Diangana but they're wide aren't they?

Diangana’s hamstring injury has forced a switch.  Pereira now playing wider than behind HRK.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For 20-30 minutes he was fantastic....before rookie manager James Shan realised we’d gone 4222.  After that it was edge of the seat stuff, and although we did spring a few counter-attacks we just held on.

I recall DaSilva hitting the post at 3-1 I think could've settled it, wonder if we might see the 4-2-2-2 again...LJ likes to throw the odd curveball.

Definitely though the end was tense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I recall DaSilva hitting the post at 3-1 I think could've settled it, wonder if we might see the 4-2-2-2 again...LJ likes to throw the odd curveball.

Definitely though the end was tense.

He did.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For 20-30 minutes he was fantastic....before rookie manager James Shan realised we’d gone 4222.  After that it was edge of the seat stuff, and although we did spring a few counter-attacks we just held on.

Yep. It was very fluid 4222, with Pack getting forward quite a bit and all the others moving around a lot.

They got their 2 goals back when we'd gone a more solid looking 4141 second half.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

One things for sure, we need to be smart.  Every time Livermore cynically commits a foul to break our flow (believe me, it will be multiple occasions), we need to get in the refs ear and tell him the count.  And that’s just the niggly stuff.  Likely to leave his foot in, go in high, etc as well during the 90.  Get him on a yellow it reduces his effectiveness.  He’s Sawyers protector, he stops transition which expose Sawyers lack of defensive ability.

Reckon the club might get in trouble if 20,000 people crowded the ref every time. I'll leave that job to the players.

42 minutes ago, Midred said:

Get Livermore sent off in the first 5 minutes? ..... (this could be difficult however as he never even gets booked!)

Been yellow carded 8 times this season.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That was a really fun 20-30 minutes though.

Edited by ExiledAjax