IGNORED

Why do WE want to be promoted?

Negan

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I'd like to see how we coped with Prem football but if we came back down there's a risk we could end up like Sunderland, Huddersfield/Stoke this season and be fighting a relegation battle, that's what happened last time we went up and we ended up in Div 4, there's no guarantee we'd be ok in the Championship following a relegation

Thing about the 3 clubs you've highlighted is nothing to do with simply being in the premier league but how the clubs have been managed to get where they are, providing we stuck to our model in the premier league then we shouldn't fall into that state

18 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

It's all about winning. I'm sure if Watford were getting top 4 in the Prem every year they wouldn't be saying how enjoyable the Championship is. 

I thought it was all about the money. 120 million for finishing bottom or 3 million for finishing top of the Championship. Sort of the biggest no brainer in the history of football. 

17 hours ago, Sniper said:

Easy one this!

Pick up 200 million quid and piss the SAGS off.

Precisely.

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Thing about the 3 clubs you've highlighted is nothing to do with simply being in the premier league but how the clubs have been managed to get where they are, providing we stuck to our model in the premier league then we shouldn't fall into that state

Don't forget Charlton or Bolton.. more like the Potters comparison: all saying they needed to 'kick on' . Each one epitomised utter hilarity. ?

22 hours ago, JonDolman said:

It's why I believe some fans will want LJ out even if we go up and stay there. They'll be fed up with us losing games. Even if we win enough to stay up. People that say the prem is the promised Land and that's all they want, they will still moan even when we get there. Because it's probably not as good as they imagine it is, unless we were to do a Sheffield United.

I've seen Villa fans already turning on their manager, so it wouldn't surprise me

4 hours ago, hodge said:

I'm sure that's what they would intend to do (as they did last time in the 70's) but when you're faced with going down or splashing the cash to try and stay there it's difficult to resist, especially now as sites like this would pressurise the club to spend their way out of trouble which would be a big gamble.

I'm of an age where I was lucky enough to see City in the top division, it was great I have to say.

However, Division 1 was completely different to the Premiership as it is now. At that time, I can't remember it being hard to get a ticket even for the biggest of games. I went to an evening game v WBA and we 1:0 and it was brilliant. However, if we do go up at any point then I'm afraid people like myself that average about 8 games a season would find it hard to get tickets. There would undoubtedly be a new batch of followers who would all of a sudden become new season ticket holders. They would then likely to ditch us if we were subsequently relegated. I'm already p!ssed off at playing at other times rather than 3pm on a Saturday and this would likely to be worse if we went up.

However, if City don't move forward then we will inevitably be left behind so its a bit of a Catch 22. If we go up and then come back down we would benefit financially but also having been in the Premiership it would make us more likely to be considered with the 'big boys' if the Premiership does get expanded or made in to 2.

Taking all good and bad in to account, we have to get promoted no matter how much I enjoy the Championship because we just can't afford to stand still or go backwards. Will we ever get there though?? Thats an entirely different matter.

Archived