IGNORED

Bakinson.

Hampshire reds

Started very impressively according to reports, but slackened off it seems (not working hard off the ball).

I saw similar traits last season in the bits and pieces I caught, games can pass him by.  Could be because of long ball teams forcing the midfield out of the game.

5 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Does anyone know how good young Bakinson is. i see he is on the bench for Plymouth tonight . its a bit worrying that he cant get into there team in div 2. 

MoM for his first 2 or 3 games and scored a winner for them.

Not a lot to worry about imo - may be carrying a knock, illness, different formation, etc etc etc.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

He's been playing and been man of the match in games 

Guess it's just squad rotation 

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

MoM for his first 2 or 3 games and scored a winner for them.

Not a lot to worry about imo - may be carrying a knock, illness, different formation, etc etc etc.

Gone downhill fast after a good start to Plymouth. Poor again tonight. 

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Serious question, are you watching the game? 

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How on earth do you know this?!

Not at the game

I know this as I have Plymouth supporting mates and I read their fans opinions on their forum which corroborates what I’m told.  Twitter tonight as well. 

Common theme is tries to do too much on the ball and loses it in bad positions. All or nothing performer. Strolls around. 

Basically what I thought of him when I saw him play for Newport 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not at the game

I know this as I have Plymouth supporting mates and I read their fans opinions on their forum which corroborates what I’m told.  Twitter tonight as well. 

Common theme is tries to do too much on the ball and loses it in bad positions. All or nothing performer. Strolls around. 

You posted an hour ago which was roughly half time 

He only came on in the 32nd minute so YOUR comment is based on SOMEONE ELSE'S opinion based on roughly 13 minutes of football 

Absolutely laughable 

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

He only came on in the 32nd minute so YOUR comment is based on SOMEONE ELSE'S opinion based on roughly 13 minutes of football 

Absolutely laughable 

Sorry if that upsets you mate. No worries. First thing he did when he came on was cost his side a goal. Sure he will probably improve. I’m just passing on what I know as people were asking.  Hope I’ve not offended you. Sleep well. 

48 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not at the game

My opinion too, from what I read, watch and hear (know a couple of Newport / Plymouth fans).

With all these things, you can only really judge in a City shirt...it could click for him with us.

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Started very impressively according to reports, but slackened off it seems (not working hard off the ball).

I saw similar traits last season in the bits and pieces I caught, games can pass him by.  Could be because of long ball teams forcing the midfield out of the game.

That could be very possible. A couple of years ago, I saw him in under 23 game v The Gas. Gas are still long ball only and it was amazing that City became a long ball side as well. I think he touched the ball about 6 to 8 times as most of the time it passed him in the air.

19 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Absolutely laughable 

Yes he said someone else's opinion. What's the problem?

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So basically Kasey Palmer without the £3.5m fee. 

Not picking you out particularly, but this is such a common complaint about KP and totally unjustified. Nobody gets to stroll around at this level anymore, his workrate is fine and i think given a run he could be a player for us.

3 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Not picking you out particularly, but this is such a common complaint about KP and totally unjustified. Nobody gets to stroll around at this level anymore, his workrate is fine and i think given a run he could be a player for us.

His work rate is very poor imo. That doesn't mean I think he isn't trying. But the one game (first 45 mins, can't remember who against) he put in the work rate I imagine LJ would really be happy with, he could barely jog in the second half. He has poor stamina and therefore generally doesn't do the work some others can.

I saw the Plymouth v Newport game, he was man of the match and scored the only goal of the game. 

He had a very inconsistent game in my opinion and went missing a few times, but in general was as good as anyone else on the pitch but it was league 2 and that is where he belongs at the moment. 

Hope he can improve but he is certainly not Championship level at the moment.

1 hour ago, Will Rollason said:

I agree. Being a “flair player” it is too easy to criticise work rate.  From what I’ve seen he works hard, but he’s not efficient with it. He closes down and gets challenges in.  Sometimes I think he would be better just closing down passing lanes, and preserve energy, rather than hare after a full-back close to the touchline.

It is only very, very recently I’ve seen Fam at full-tilt in a press (of sorts).  Up until this it appears LJ has been happy for him to close passing options rather than press the ball, which preserved Fam’s energy.

I might be making an excuse, but what if his recent respiratory issues are something that has affected him.

We have some players who appear to be working hard, but never quite get close to an opponent to affect the situation, let alone make a challenge.  They get a free pass from fans.

Archived