IGNORED

Ashton Gate replicated in Minecraft

MattRushton1995

4 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Thank you very much, funnily enough I'm currently on an architecture course at Uni ??

I could probably work with that and use certain blocks to make it look like canvas

2 minutes ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Thank you very much, in what sense do you mean the Atyeo looks wrong?

I'll do my best to add that if I do build the Memorial Stadium

It's a long running joke that their stadium is entirely made of tents (mostly true).

I think they mean that since the rebuild the Atyeo looks wrong as the rest of the stadium has developed so much, not that your version looks wrong.

2 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

It's a long running joke that their stadium is entirely made of tents (mostly true).

I think they mean that since the rebuild the Atyeo looks wrong as the rest of the stadium has developed so much, not that your version looks wrong.

I'm pretty sure they have a temporary stand with canvassing on it so I can sort of see where the joke came from

I can definitely agree with that then, although I think because the Atyeo was the most recent to be built they probably didn't think it needed replacing, but who knows

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

I thought Minecraft was a game?

It is a game

Great work! Having two young children, and having to join them playing MC I can really appreciate the effort you must have went to.

For those who don't know; yes, Minecraft is a game, but it has various gameplay modes. The two main ones are 'Creative' and 'Survival'.

In survival mode you mine for resources and build, also having to kill various things that will try and kill you - if your out and about.

In Creative mode, you have unlimited resources to build all sorts of things; like Ashton Gate! 

Sorry, I seem to know waaaay to much about this for a middle aged man! Haha

My kids used to watch a youtuber named 'Stampy', amazing some of the things he did too.

Well done again ?

1 hour ago, MattRushton1995 said:

It is a game

Right, well, it's a pretty good model, impressive stuff and like others have said - good attention to detail.

However - what is the point? What was the reason for you doing it?

Can other people go to it in-game now? I really don't understand it, how do you 'play' the game?

You couldn't buy the game today and it would be there, no.

You would have to buy the game, download the 'game save' of AG, or join an online 'Realm' of Matt's to see it.

You build your own worlds in MC, you don't alter the original Game.

As an aside, I know its a football forum, but it's a great 'game' for kids, really makes them think, gets the grey matter working - maybe even the odd middle age person might enjoy it too ? hehe.

39 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

You couldn't buy the game today and it would be there, no.

You would have to buy the game, download the 'game save' of AG, or join an online 'Realm' of Matt's to see it.

You build your own worlds in MC, you don't alter the original Game.

As an aside, I know its a football forum, but it's a great 'game' for kids, really makes them think, gets the grey matter working - maybe even the odd middle age person might enjoy it too ? hehe.

Precisely it wouldn't be there as a default world so to speak. I don't actually have a realm but I have considered investing into one

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

Right, well, it's a pretty good model, impressive stuff and like others have said - good attention to detail.

However - what is the point? What was the reason for you doing it?

Can other people go to it in-game now? I really don't understand it, how do you 'play' the game?

It's a bit of a long story really that started when I built the University of Bolton Stadium. When I was nearing completion of that build I started looking towards the future and what to build afterwards. Looking at YouTube I determined that Premier League grounds have been massively overdone, everybody builds them - so I had a look at the Championship, initially for the 2017/18 season, purely because they are rarely ever done. In fact stadia such as those of Bolton and Bristol City at that time had never been done in Minecraft and showcased on YouTube.

Given the point when I finished Bolton (April 2018) I revised this so that instead I would build every stadium featured in the 2018/19 Championship season of which both Bolton and Bristol City were apart of. It is a 24-build project which is currently underway and at this moment in time consists of 8 stadia (Bolton, Preston North End, Bristol City, Reading, Sheffield United, Derby County, Middlesbrough and Swansea City - the latter of which was finished last week).

If people are on Xbox One or PS4 I am willing to show them around any of my grounds, but they must add my gamertag first before they can join my "world".

The whole concept of Minecraft is that you can "mine" the materials around you to survive and build things. This is primarily the basis of the game's "survival" mode, however in Creative mode, it is more of an open sandbox in which unlimited resources are readily available to use - and this is the game mode I use when I build

2 hours ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Great work! Having two young children, and having to join them playing MC I can really appreciate the effort you must have went to.

For those who don't know; yes, Minecraft is a game, but it has various gameplay modes. The two main ones are 'Creative' and 'Survival'.

In survival mode you mine for resources and build, also having to kill various things that will try and kill you - if your out and about.

In Creative mode, you have unlimited resources to build all sorts of things; like Ashton Gate! 

Sorry, I seem to know waaaay to much about this for a middle aged man! Haha

My kids used to watch a youtuber named 'Stampy', amazing some of the things he did too.

Well done again ?

Thank you very much ? I think Minecraft also has an "Adventure" mode although I don't touch that.

I can understand you knowing alot about it haha, I sort of only know the basics.

I've heard of Stampy before, doesn't he do "Let's Play"s and things like that?

Yes Matt, he did a few different channels I believe. Having just quickly Googled Stampy, It says he has 9 million subscribers and over 7.2 BILLION views. Shows how popular the game was a few years ago.

He's worth watching if your bored sometime ?

Although I will warn you his laugh will make you want to smash the telly with your size 9's hehe

3 hours ago, MattRushton1995 said:

It's a bit of a long story really that started when I built the University of Bolton Stadium. When I was nearing completion of that build I started looking towards the future and what to build afterwards. Looking at YouTube I determined that Premier League grounds have been massively overdone, everybody builds them - so I had a look at the Championship, initially for the 2017/18 season, purely because they are rarely ever done. In fact stadia such as those of Bolton and Bristol City at that time had never been done in Minecraft and showcased on YouTube.

Given the point when I finished Bolton (April 2018) I revised this so that instead I would build every stadium featured in the 2018/19 Championship season of which both Bolton and Bristol City were apart of. It is a 24-build project which is currently underway and at this moment in time consists of 8 stadia (Bolton, Preston North End, Bristol City, Reading, Sheffield United, Derby County, Middlesbrough and Swansea City - the latter of which was finished last week).

If people are on Xbox One or PS4 I am willing to show them around any of my grounds, but they must add my gamertag first before they can join my "world".

The whole concept of Minecraft is that you can "mine" the materials around you to survive and build things. This is primarily the basis of the game's "survival" mode, however in Creative mode, it is more of an open sandbox in which unlimited resources are readily available to use - and this is the game mode I use when I build

OK, fair enough, just for your own enjoyment then really, that's cool.

Well, as I said before, an excellent job on Ashton Gate.

On 19/02/2020 at 02:31, CiderJar said:

@MattRushton1995 , if you need video footage or photos to map the concourse areas I'm sure we can help you out. They are among the best features of the redevelopment.

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/the-venue/our-spaces/concourses/

Also, on the subject of interiors, does this include the Bar and Grill in the southwest corner because I may be able to add that in at the same time?

2 hours ago, MattRushton1995 said:

Also, on the subject of interiors, does this include the Bar and Grill in the southwest corner because I may be able to add that in at the same time?

Yep. It's all there. Although the Bar and Grill is now a Pizzeria (it is just called the restaurant and bar on the link)

Screenshot_20200223-212953_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200223-213054_Files.jpg

Archived