IGNORED

Benik’s Wife - Story re Amora

Davefevs

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jeeez, what they’ve gone through.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-striker-benik-afobes-3853470

I do hope he makes a return in a City shirt, so we give his family all the love we can. ???

Such a terrible sorry - can’t ever imagine what this must have been like for the Afobe family!

So want it to work out for Benik at BCFC......I’m sure it will ???

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Jeeez, what they’ve gone through.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-striker-benik-afobes-3853470

I do hope he makes a return in a City shirt, so we give his family all the love we can. ???

Can't even begin to imagine how that feels. Really hope he comes back and bags a few goals and we pick him up permanently in the summer. 

Reading the story I do wonder the next time (lets be positive) he is in our squad at home whether we should do something around raising awareness for Nephrotic Syndrome? Not something I in truth have heard about before, and it is clearly something that is important to Benik and his wife now to raise awareness of. No idea what that might look like, could include a collection I guess, just putting it out there. Yes, we would all would love to celebrate him back so we can share our best wishes to him and his family, but something practical in addition might also have real value.

Football clubs up and down the country could help raise millions of pounds for charity each month. 

Each month of the football season the EFL dedicate it to a specific charity. Each fan that attends a specific home game in that month donates £1 to that charity. The average attendance at a game in England is around 15,000 (prem and championship boost league 1 and 2)

So if each team can raise £15,000 that’s £1,380,000 raised. Just by paying £1 at the turnstiles. 

Having a child who gets ill with even a cold or sickness is worrying, especially when they are so small. But having a child with an underlying medical condition who then gets ill must be so frightening. They must be a very strong couple to be able to go through that and be strong enough to want to raise awareness. I’ve never heard of this condition before, so maybe something positive can come from this most awful time if people are now being made aware.

On 20/02/2020 at 08:01, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Football clubs up and down the country could help raise millions of pounds for charity each month. 

Each month of the football season the EFL dedicate it to a specific charity. Each fan that attends a specific home game in that month donates £1 to that charity. The average attendance at a game in England is around 15,000 (prem and championship boost league 1 and 2)

So if each team can raise £15,000 that’s £1,380,000 raised. Just by paying £1 at the turnstiles. 

It'd be £690,000.

Yes 92 clubs, but only 46 matches.

Edit. It would actually be £675,000.

No Bury means 45 matches. 45x15,000.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

It'd be £690,000.

Yes 92 clubs, but only 46 matches.

Edit. It would actually be £675,000.

No Bury means 45 matches. 45x15,000.

Not just one weekend. 91 clubs would play at home in one month. Each team aims to raise £15,000 for their home game or 80% of their average attendance 

Archived