IGNORED

Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

wendyredredrobin

I'm told that these will be offered to existing card holders within the next couple of weeks.  What are your thoughts as to whether you are expecting to renew or are happy to renew?

Also what level of price hike are you expecting or willing to accept?

For the record. I will probably renew, but will think twice if the increase is more than the rate of inflation.  A few points between now and then would make the decision easier, of course. ?

I and the others around me have been going for our whole lives and it’s just part of who I am. Performances are different every year and you can never predict anything with this club apart from the fans will be there time after time. I don’t see how people would not renew based on performances when the last few seasons have seen us challenging at the top end and really exciting at times compared to some truly awful campaigns we’ve suffered through as fans in the past. If you aren’t willing to put up with some shite home games then I question if this club is for you. 

5 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I and the others around me have been going for our whole lives and it’s just part of who I am. Performances are different every year and you can never predict anything with this club apart from the fans will be there time after time. I don’t see how people would not renew based on performances when the last few seasons have seen us challenging at the top end and really exciting at times compared to some truly awful campaigns we’ve suffered through as fans in the past. If you aren’t willing to put up with some shite home games then I question if this club is for you. 

exactly, absolutely.....your either "city" or your not. take the rough with the smooth, the highs and the lows, that's what it's all about being a "supporter" of Bristol City, init for the long haul as Rome wasnt built in 1 day, wheres the fun in that. City never boring in mid table either outside chance of promotion or trying to stay up

I would like to see some loyalty from the club with s price freeze.

The benefits that come with the SC are basically crap so it really is about the rather dross home league games.

SC holders are beneficial to non SC holders with the offers all season eg mates rates tickets - about time SC holders got something and a price freeze would seem sensible.

8 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

exactly, absolutely.....your either "city" or your not. take the rough with the smooth, the highs and the lows, that's what it's all about being a "supporter" of Bristol City, init for the long haul as Rome wasnt built in 1 day, wheres the fun in that. City never boring in mid table either outside chance of promotion or trying to stay up

This sort of thread alway brings out the uber fans ?

1 hour ago, Spud55 said:

Yea I'll be renewing, to be fair I've got to the point in life where the football is almost secondary to meeting up with my mates at the football and the people who I sit with at the game anyway. So although I'd prefer if we weren't gash at home, I will survive. 

This. It’s a good excuse to meet up regularly with friends and family and have a bloody good night* in Bedminster. So I’ll be renewing on that basis alone. Losing don’t hurt too much when you’re already 3 sheets to the wind.

*insert appropriate time of day due to fixture changes

I won't be renewing in my current seat. I'm in the Landsown currently. First time being in there, haven't enjoyed it too much. Want to swap to the south stand, hopefully there might be an opening in S82. Which is where I had my season ticket when the new stand was first built, loved it there. Then they made it the family section and I had to move, haven't been able to get back there since! 

Hopefully they don't do what they've done the previous couple of years and put the renewal deadline before the end of March payday. Can't remember if they adjusted the dates after people complained or not. 

I know renewals are around about the same time every year, but it still catches some people out.

Not making out I’m a superfan but I will always support Bristol City. Doesn’t matter who’s in charge or who’s on the pitch. Supporting them is what I do. So I will sign up for another season of hope, expectation and (probably) disappointment as long as I can afford it. I get what people say about the quality of football at home but if I didn’t renew then I know I’d regret it as soon as the first match kicked off. 

Obviously I’ll renew - it’s a no brainier for me, 

Only once in the decades that I’ve had a SC have I considered not renewing but I just couldn’t do it. The dross at the time was so dreary and dull that I wasn’t sure that I could watch another season of the shite but I stuck with and luckily the manager was sacked that season.

3 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Not really sure the amount paid for a season ticket and the dross served up is a good ratio. Throw into the mix shift work and the fact I miss half of the games anyway. This may be my last season at the gate. I’ll probably be better off picking my games and sitting wherever. 

Bloody hell, you cant have been a city fan for very long if you think this is dross ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Negan said:

I won't be renewing in my current seat. I'm in the Landsown currently. First time being in there, haven't enjoyed it too much. Want to swap to the south stand, hopefully there might be an opening in S82. Which is where I had my season ticket when the new stand was first built, loved it there. Then they made it the family section and I had to move, haven't been able to get back there since! 

You need to renew mate. then before season tickets go on general sale, there is a specific date for transfers and tickets which have been not renewed in the south stand are up for grabs.

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can’t get my head around people saying they might not renew because of the football.

We’re currently the 27th placed team in English football.

By my reckoning we’ve had just nine seasons since WW2 where we’ve done better.

Of course I’ll renew. 

League position has absolutely nothing to do with entertainment or enjoyment or “doing better.” You’ve just looked at a list of our ‘seasons’ (probably on Wiki) and counted the number of times we’ve finished higher than we are currently placed, and from that you’ve deduced this is our 10th ‘best’ season since WW2...

My happiest times following this club were watching the resurrection under Terry Cooper when we were in div 4 - I loved that team and what Terry did for us. I enjoyed going to home and away matches back then a zillion times more than I do now - give me those days over stuttering to 11th and 8th in the second tier, whilst playing boring stuff with zero ‘identity,’ any day of the week ....

I’ll renew and can’t imagine a time money permitting when I won’t.  Football isn’t like any other business. We get served dross at home more often then not under Lee,  games leave me bored and  frustrated and I also get to watch my football club change into a corporate machine where loyal supporters become nothing more than an income stream but I will still sign up for another year.  It’s like a drug and I’ll pay my money in the hope that next year at home, I’ll be entertained once every few games but knowing deep down that as long as we finish with one point more than the previous season entertainment isn’t the clubs priority.

• Admin
10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm told that these will be offered to existing card holders within the next couple of weeks.  What are your thoughts as to whether you are expecting to renew or are happy to renew?

Also what level of price hike are you expecting or willing to accept?

For the record. I will probably renew, but will think twice if the increase is more than the rate of inflation.  A few points between now and then would make the decision easier, of course. ?

Translates to someone read this thread 

Personally if I didn't have a season ticket I would never go to a home game, price per game is simply unjustifiable otherwise 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, General Zod said:

I’ll renew and can’t imagine a time money permitting when I won’t.  Football isn’t like any other business. We get served dross at home more often then not under Lee,  games leave me bored and  frustrated and I also get to watch my football club change into a corporate machine where loyal supporters become nothing more than an income stream but I will still sign up for another year.  It’s like a drug and I’ll pay my money in the hope that next year at home, I’ll be entertained once every few games but knowing deep down that as long as we finish with one point more than the previous season entertainment isn’t the clubs priority.

For me the match is irrelevant now, like you say home games have been dull and uninspiring for too long now. But what makes up for it is spending the day with like minded people from all walks of life that have a common interest 

Archived