IGNORED

Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

wendyredredrobin

6 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

For the first time I can remember this will not be an automatic decision

I too often come home fed up and feeling short changed by the quality of entertainment on offer

A major drop in season ticket renewals will be the only way to show that fans want to be entertained and are fed up with Elliott Johnson the untouchable

Whilst you may think that to be true, trust me, there are plenty of newcomers to the area that are taking an interest in Bristol City Football Club. Bristol Sport are reaching out to these people in the local community and are slowly bringing them in.

10 hours ago, wood_red said:

You are "either City or not", so if you don't renew you're not a City fan?? What complete and utter nonsense. Is my old man not a City fan because he no longer goes due to poorer health, who has been a City fan for 70+ years? People who cannot afford to go - not City fans in your eyes? Fans who are just not excited and entertained and don't see it as value for money anymore?

That is my reason for not renewing next season. League position has absolutely nothing to do with anything imo. Cardiff went up 2 seasons ago, and their football was overall dire, and if we were comfortably in the playoffs (higher league position than we are now) playing like that I still wouldn't want to renew next season.

Give me the "high pressing" season with the cup run and a mid table finish any day over the last 2 seasons of home form with our overall boring predictable football. Yes we couldn't keep that pace up, and yes we sold Reid who was a huge player that season, but how our style has changed so much with all the money spent on players is just a bit mad imo. There is just hardly any excitement at the moment in home games imo with probably the best squad we have had in my time as a City fan. I have missed 4 homes games already this season where I just couldn't be bothered to go (I am not the only one of my lot either).

Next season I will still go to some home games at full price, but I would rather just go to more away games if I can get tickets and have a good day out regardless of the result.

Wood Red, you have really misunderstood my point. Definitely not written in the context that you have replied. never mind. was just being positive about being a city fan and the ups and down we experience. it's never boring etc. wasnt writing nonsense as you put it

If they increase prices I'll be extremely fooked off after being served up shite on a stick for nearly two seasons now with the talent we have in terms of player ability.

To the people that try desperately to put a positive spin on our home results, I'm afraid you are deluded! It's in black and white for all to see, and I hope it doesn't cost us playoffs again this season.

Of course I'll renew though. I love this club, but it doesn't love be back, and I'm ok with that.

• The title was changed to Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

Can anyone see any mention of S82 in this information? As it’s (so say) not going to be unreserved anymore, we’ll need a clear idea of how we can all get seats together with who we want to stand with. My 11 year old’s seat is miles away from mine at the moment so I can’t just simply renew his as per today’s email. 

I may be jumping the gun here but this has the potential to be a classic BCFC episode...

Surely the simplest thing here would be what happened in S82 for the Man U and Man City games... people were supposed to sit in their allocated seats on those nights too but that was all ignored on the night and I don’t remember there being any major issues.

20 hours ago, wood_red said:

Where have I said that? 

We are competing at a high level, and with the best squad I have ever known us have since I have been watching. The football served up at home the last couple of seasons bar a few performances, has been generally poor (imo), with no signs of what the plans are of changing that. Many teams must come here and just wonder how the hell we are where we are in the table, because half the time we just look like pretty clueless relegation candidates. I hope we smash WBA and I get some faith back, but I just currently cannot get excited about going to home games.

That's at least two of us then, It's been pretty poor stuff the last couple of seasons and like you sometimes attend games with a heavy heart, been a while since I saw a game to really get me up out of my seat, keep thinking it will change but it doesn't, think those that follow city away have had the best of it lately which is a bit bonkers really, why they can't seem to do the same at home is a mystery.

2 minutes ago, Highguy said:

After the crap we been served up at home last 2 years we have a price increase nice to see us be rewarded by the club, think ill go back to playing football myself next season instead 

The price of football goes up every year just like everything else.  If we want to compete, we have to pay for it.  3% sounds about right to me.

at least we will be getting 23 games for the money rather than 19 ?

Price increases were inevitable, and I think that they have got it pretty much spot on this year.

Modest increase, of course we would all love cheaper football, but if we are going to be a club that can afford the wages of someone like Kalas, the money needs to come from somewhere.

£529 for me and £414 for my old man, I can live with that, although I might have to call time on the luxury that has been the Hot Chocolate with a slug of Bailey's in it, at £4.50 a time, a crack cocaine habit would likely be cheaper.

13 minutes ago, Highguy said:

After the crap we been served up at home last 2 years we have a price increase nice to see us be rewarded by the club, think ill go back to playing football myself next season instead 

One of the most expensive tickets has gone from £22 per game to £23 per game. 
The lowest cost ticket from £15 per game to £16 per game. 

I don’t think this is exactly groundbreaking increases to warrant a knee-jerk “I’m not being rewarded so I’m not going anymore” response. 

12 minutes ago, Highguy said:

A 3% increase after what is currently one of the best seasons (results wise) in the clubs recent history is not too bad I’d say.

As a city fan of over 50 years  I will renew as usual. However how many matches I actually attend will very much depend upon whether I am enjoying the match day experience. Sad to say that over the last couple of seasons the entertainment has generally been poor, despite our league position.

4 minutes ago, Redland said:

As a city fan of over 50 years  I will renew as usual. However how many matches I actually attend will very much depend upon whether I am enjoying the match day experience. Sad to say that over the last couple of seasons the entertainment has generally been poor, despite our league position.

Exactly this!

16 minutes ago, Redland said:

Exactly the same lack of entertainment and situation under his dad - must be a Johnson trait............:dunno:

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Bye then !

People really do have very very short memories. Has the football been great this season? No, but it’s also a symptom of the ever increasing competitiveness of one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

A few short years ago we were struggling to compete at the right end of the third tier. We’re now at the time of writing the 27th placed club in English football. The overreaction is incredible. 

The hilarious thing is everyone talks about how awful we are at home without actually making themselves aware of the facts. We’re 13th in the home league table, with one game less played than many teams above us. The most games any team has won at home this season is 10, with all of those teams having played an extra game. The most games won at home by any side that has played the same number of games as us is 9. And we’ve won 7.

Perspective  

You’d think it’s been 6 months without a home win the way people overreact on here. 

It’s also worth pointing out that 6 of the 12 teams above in the home form table are below us in the league. It’s almost as if there’s away games that count too....!

Archived